I have to get a new phone and the new service provider I'm going to only has two phones I like and I'm leaning towards the Motorola Droid (the very first one from 2009) and I was wondering from people with the Droid should I go for it? Do you like it?

Right now the OS for the Droid is 2.1 and I heard they are getting the 2.2 or 2.3 update for it
    Last edited by RingRingRawr; 08-24-11 at 04:14 PM.
    08-24-11 03:32 PM
    the first droid was an okay phone, i had it, it worked fine for me, but they stopped rolling out OS updates for it, i got the HTC thunderbolt now, i love it, only bad side is very poor battery life
    08-24-11 03:42 PM
    I have to get a new phone and the new service provider I'm going to only has two phones I like and I'm leaning towards the Motorola Droid (the very first one from 2009) and I was wondering from people with the Droid should I go for it? Do you like it?

Right now the OS for the Droid is 2.1 and I heard they are getting the 2.2 or 2.3 update for it
    Besides the Droid, what was the other phone that you liked?

Like chad177 said, the Droid was an okay phone. Some would deem it as the first real phone to compete with the iPhone.

Also like chad177 said there's no more OS updates rolling out for it. Especially since they are on the 3rd installment of the franchise.

I know a couple of people that still uses the Droid. They say as long as it works, they are fine. Plus I hope you do realize you will have to get it off Ebay or Craigslist.
    Last edited by Itzdatdude; 08-24-11 at 06:19 PM.
    08-24-11 06:10 PM
    Besides the Droid, what was the other phone that you liked?

Like chad177 said, the Droid was an okay phone. Some would deem it as the first real phone to compete with the iPhone.

Also like chad177 said there's no more OS updates rolling out for it. Especially since they are on the 3rd installment of the franchise.

I know a couple of people that still uses the Droid. They say as long as it works, they are fine. Plus I hope you do realize you will have to get it off Ebay or Craigslist.
    It's actually quite sad but no I will be getting the phone through my service provider and it is in fact they're newest Android device... But the other one I'm looking at is the HTC Hero
    08-24-11 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD