So, Mother's Day is next Sunday, only eight days away.
    What did you get for your mom?

I made her a nice necklace. It's a silver decorative branch with leaves suspended on a silver chain, with a decorative silver clasp. The branch symbolizes our branch on the family tree. Hanging from the first end of the branch is a bird's nest with eggs, symbolizing the mother: the protector, caregiver, nurturer. From the middle hangs an opal, for my brother's birthstone. And from the end, hangs my own peridot birthstone.

I'm shipping it out today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 04:53 PM
    Probably just get her flowers, I'm not very imaginative when it comes to these things, still got a week to decide.
    05-02-09 05:15 PM
    My mother is SO hard to shop for. I will let the advertisements in tomorrow's paper do the work though. I'm thinking one of those digital photo frames and load it up with pics of me, my brother, my dog (she LOVES her granddog, lol) and other family.
    05-02-09 07:33 PM
    Good luck, Lexi!! I had thought one of those would be great..then remembered that my dad had gotten her one for Xmas. Boohoo.

05-02-09 09:36 PM
    The gift of love

05-03-09 12:49 PM
    So, Mother's Day is next Sunday, only eight days away.
    What did you get for your mom?

I made her a nice necklace. It's a silver decorative branch with leaves suspended on a silver chain, with a decorative silver clasp. The branch symbolizes our branch on the family tree. Hanging from the first end of the branch is a bird's nest with eggs, symbolizing the mother: the protector, caregiver, nurturer. From the middle hangs an opal, for my brother's birthstone. And from the end, hangs my own peridot birthstone.

I'm shipping it out today.

Wow! Please tell me you took a pic of it so you can show us? Sounds very special. I've just started dabbling in jewelry and you reminded me that I want to try and make a bracelet to match a necklace of my mom's. I'm going to take her to a tea room for lunch. Can you pm me if you do a lot of jewelry crafts? I have a question.

05-03-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD