Hey everyone, I figured I would try something new here. We all know and follow the news, whether it be BlackBerry news or just day-to-day stuff.
    However I have found recently a lot of trustworthy/mainstream news outlets have started reporting on ridiculous, common-sense items that have me wondering what the target audience is.

Sound familiar? Please share with everyone what ridiculous or unnecessary news reports you have read recently. Who knows, if it takes off I might even dedicate a BBChannel to it!
    Dutch news: Jeugd verknocht aan smartphone - NOS Nieuws
    Today my country's #1 public news channel reported the following:
    The country's foremost research group (CBfS) found that young adults using Internet outside of their homes predominantly use smartphones to do so. In more detail, they mostly use it for social media, gaming and streaming media, and sometimes even for purchasing tickets, job-hunting, or reading news.
    Older generations also use smartphones, but less often.

Mindblowing stuff! -_-"

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    CMcRob likes this.
    05-27-14 06:47 AM
    Keep us informed...
    How about posting once a day??
    You've got your own thread...
    But please, do not be too informative, else you land on the blog page of Crackberry ;-)
    Oh, the right Emoji for that:
    Most uninformative News Of The Day!-_edit.jpg
    (Source: Emoji Real Life, French project, 3D-Laboratory, screenshot from Internet and edited with my BB-Q10)

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS
    05-27-14 07:27 AM
    Lol, I will try to keep it up. But other people should contribute as well. If I find enough for daily updates I will definitely put it on Channels.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    05-27-14 07:36 AM
    That's very informative compared to the nonsense the American press reports on. It didn't even mention Kim Kardashians new fake eyelash storage container.

Buddha Stories - C0038CC70
    05-27-14 07:49 AM
    I was hoping to avoid celebrity news, trust me Dutch celebrities are just as obnoxious.

The point here was to report seemingly serious news/thorough journalism, that in fact should not be taken seriously at all.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    05-27-14 08:59 AM
    Okay I have another one, although this might be considered more strange than uninformative.

Apparently there are markets for selling 'second-hand' e-books... And a couple of local publishers just lost a lawsuit they filed against them.
    The premise is that you sell and send your e-book file to someone else, and then there is some sort of honour system in place for the original owner to delete his back-up.

I thought that was already ridiculous enough (basically pirating?), but the judge just dismissed the complaint.
    He said there need to be more official European guidelines for the differences between e-books and physical books before such a case can be tried...

Sometimes the way the law works just makes me laugh.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    07-21-14 04:15 PM