Anyone have more info on this?

Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman is in serious condition after a car accident in Mississippi, according to hospital officials.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 12:41 PM
    Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Kathy Stringer said Freeman, 71, is in serious condition. The hospital is about 90 miles north of the accident scene in rural Tallahatchie County in the Mississippi Delta.

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesman Sgt. Ben Williams confirmed Freeman was in a wreck shortly before midnight Sunday, but said he was still gathering information and had few details Monday.

Clay McFerrin, editor of Sun Sentinel in Charleston, said he arrived at the accident scene on Mississippi Highway 32 soon after it happened about 4 miles west of Charleston, not far from where Freeman owns a home with his wife.

McFerrin said it appeared that Freeman's car was airborne went it left the highway and landed in a ditch.

"They had to use the jaws of life to extract him from the vehicle," McFerrin said. "He was lucid, conscious. He was talking, joking with some of the rescue workers at one point."

McFerrin said bystanders converged on the scene trying to get a glimpse of the actor.

When one person tried to snap a photo with a cell phone camera, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies," McFerrin said.
    08-04-08 12:44 PM
    well i hope he will be fine i like his acting
    08-04-08 01:17 PM
    Yup; the subject of this thread is definitely an 'off-topic' subject.

It takes too much energy for starving children in Ethiopia to smile, joke and talk... so they don't. A moviestar gets into an accident; news plasters the story all over the place...yet the guy has the energy to joke, smile, and maybe recite some of the rescuers favorite Morgan Freeman dialogue back at them as they rush him to the hospital.

Beautiful.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 08-04-08 at 01:29 PM.
    08-04-08 01:20 PM
    yeah, i heard about this too at work.

When one person tried to snap a photo with a cell phone camera, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies,"

This guy is a class act. Wish him the best.
    08-04-08 02:32 PM
    I really hope nothing happens to him-

He rox my sox.

Seriously.

On a side note-

Not that I'm superstitious BUT

-Heath passed away

-Christian Bale got into Legal Troubles

-And now poor Mr. Freeman?

WTH?
    08-04-08 02:50 PM
    Un like someone who shall remain name less....(HiDef) I am glad he is ok accoridng to reports. He is one of my favorite actors.

It seems like he is gonna be Fine. I saw some of the clips from the movie "Wanted" he had some great lines!
    08-04-08 02:54 PM
    Morgan Freeman is probably my favorite actor of all. He was awesome in The Shawshank Redemtion...

08-04-08 03:00 PM

It takes too much energy for starving children in Ethiopia to smile, joke and talk... so they don't. A moviestar gets into an accident; news plasters the story all over the place...yet the guy has the energy to joke, smile, and maybe recite some of the rescuers favorite Morgan Freeman dialogue back at them as they rush him to the hospital.

Beautiful.
    Seems to me you hate the player dude, don't hate the player because you can't play his game. He's really a damn good actor.

08-04-08 03:02 PM
    Seems to me you hate the player dude, don't hate the player because you can't play his game. He's really a damn good actor.

Dude this guy(HI-Def) is full of HaterAid.....Check out some other Post he does...He pops in says negative stuff then pops out... he just like to get things going...
    08-04-08 03:11 PM
    Yeh man J, now that you mentioned it I did take notice.

08-04-08 03:13 PM
    Yeh man J, now that you mentioned it I did take notice.

So have I. That won't last long around here trust me...
    08-04-08 03:20 PM
    Just got the cnn text alert. Hope he recovers and is ok.

As a side, people are capable of caring about injured humans (actors or not) AND starving people and suffering animals. We certainly don't need any haters.

08-04-08 03:23 PM
    Morgan Freeman was involved in a car accident last night in Mississippi. He was driving when he may have fallen asleep at the wheel, losing control and causing his car to roll over three times. He and an unidentified female passenger were airlifted to a hospital in Memphis. A source says he is sitting up and talking. �
    08-04-08 03:30 PM
    Just got the cnn text alert. Hope he recovers and is ok.

As a side, people are capable of caring about injured humans (actors or not) AND starving people and suffering animals. We certainly don't need any haters.

Amen

I agree....
    Wanna see a funny like....Google Morgan Freeman "Wanted" Audio clips.

"Someone Shoot the Muther Tucker" ...It is classic i dont really remember him really saying bad words much.

Also he was the first African American President....Well in "Deep Impact" he was...Another Awesome role.
    08-04-08 03:31 PM
    Jmoney; let me share a glimpse of my political views w/ you..and perhaps indirectly w/ some others that are unknowingly on the Hi-Def high horse.

I'm all for the gov't having a limited role in our lives; but I'd be a huge proponent to lobby for the gov't to prevent children having children (J...do you grant permission to posterize your face for that campaign?). How sad..tsk, tsk. Its folly'ish how you bring the type of attention to the content of my posts..that isn't even intended by me; and its equally entertaining how you recruit others to take notice. Which isn't so bad I suppose; maybe then that I.Q. will finally have the opportunity to flirt, tease and nab that double-digit threshold its been trying to ascend to.

Morgan Freeman is a dapper actor actually; one of my favorites in an industry that has a very few in such an elite breed. I don't get the premise behind the hate-title that's ascribed to my peace-loving, handsome-self. It baffles me.

You guys need to stop reading things for JUST its face value, particularly in what I said about this. I'm not knocking on anyone (albeit the little child w/ children of his own).

None of this is unwarranted; just look into why this post says what it does. Those that know me on here; know me for who and what I am. Its just that...the few, select, swiss-cheese on CB are a minor annoyance; and wastefully consume the oxygen humanity breathes.

Don't let the sand get in your eyes children. Take care.
    08-04-08 04:14 PM

Beautiful.
    QQ more. Your tree is lonely. Go back to it. It needs another hug.
    Last edited by Evare; 08-05-08 at 03:53 PM.
    08-04-08 04:20 PM
    Jmoney; let me share a glimpse of my political views w/ you..and perhaps indirectly w/ some others that are unknowingly on the Hi-Def high horse.

I'm all for the gov't having a limited role in our lives; but I'd be a huge proponent to lobby for the gov't to prevent children having children (J...do you grant permission to posterize your face for that campaign?). How sad..tsk, tsk. Its folly'ish how you bring the type of attention to the content of my posts..that isn't even intended by me; and its equally entertaining how you recruit others to take notice. Which isn't so bad I suppose; maybe then that I.Q. will finally have the opportunity to flirt, tease and nab that double-digit threshold its been trying to ascend to.

Morgan Freeman is a dapper actor actually; one of my favorites in an industry that has a very few in such an elite breed. I don't get the premise behind the hate-title that's ascribed to my peace-loving, handsome-self. It baffles me.

You guys need to stop reading things for JUST its face value, particularly in what I said about this. I'm not knocking on anyone (albeit the little child w/ children of his own).

None of this is unwarranted; just look into why this post says what it does. Those that know me on here; know me for who and what I am. Its just that...the few, select, swiss-cheese on CB are a minor annoyance; and wastefully consume the oxygen humanity breathes.

Don't let the sand get in your eyes children. Take care.
    what are you talking about...! Now that is Way OFF TOPIC!

Back on Subject he looks like he is gonna be fine!
    thank god...
    08-04-08 05:04 PM
    what are you talking about...! Now that is Way OFF TOPIC!

Back on Subject he looks like he is gonna be fine!
    thank god...
    Way off topic ay? Half the topic was you..so let that marinate with you for a second. ::jay thinks hard:: ::light bulb finally comes on:: Get it now?

Since you DEDICATED a few posts in this thread; half to Freeman and HALF towards me...I like to share; therefore it'd be unbecoming of me not to do the same for you (include both Freeman and a kid like you in the same post). Fair is fair. No? Yes.

Double standards = Bad. Sliced Apple w/ Peanut Butter = Good.

08-04-08 05:28 PM
    what ever kid what ever....! hope you feel better about your self now...!!!!!! i am done!
    08-04-08 05:58 PM
    This was an awful accident, and my prayers go out to him and his family. The last I heard, he had broken ribs, and a severe knee injury. It was said that he is alert and talking. I hope he quickly recovers from these injuries, and continues doing what he does best, making great movies.
    08-04-08 06:52 PM
    Wow. Somebody in this thread is full of homself.

08-04-08 09:41 PM
    USA today said that he had surgery Monday evening to repair injuries suffered in a car accident late Sunday near his Mississippi home. He is listed in serious conditon and will take 6 to 8 weeks to recover.
    08-05-08 08:59 AM
    USA today said that he had surgery Monday evening to repair injuries suffered in a car accident late Sunday near his Mississippi home. He is listed in serious conditon and will take 6 to 8 weeks to recover.
    I read that he will make a full recovery.
    08-05-08 09:05 AM
    Glad to see he is doing well...
    Now not totally off topic did he quit at the end of barkknight or not...I hope not i like his character in the movie...
    08-05-08 09:20 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD