and for me right now 'i will never buy another rim product again' sad but true. pb was the last. if work give me one for sure ill use, but im converted. have to go with the best product of the moment, lifes to short.
    We understand. It's up to RIM to bring back the hopeful. We'll cheer them on as long as there is something to cheer about. It was a thin cheering section in 2011 after no new phones for 9 months.
    12-27-11 11:32 AM
    Apple is not about co-existing. Not in the film business (where they are king of product placement and are aided by a Hollywood who appreciates Apples generosity)
    I remember reading somewhere that apple has never paid a penny for product placement. I'll have to try and find it. It said that producers choose apple bc of the aesthetic.

edit:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...ox-office.html

"Rival brands such as Nike and Sony, however, are appearing more often, with paid-for product placement thought to be a major cause. Apple does not pay for product placement, but consultants are paid to promote its products which include iMacs, iPads and iPhones."

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 12-27-11 at 11:57 AM.
    12-27-11 11:45 AM
    Tell that to the Libya, tell that to Iran, tell that to Egypt and to the Occupy Wall Street Movement. Tell that to the people all over the world who have used "Social Media" to spread their movement through their cell phones and tablets.

Don't disregard Social Media simply because you're not participating in it.

I participate. Should not assume otherwise. Misinformation or propaganda is spread in the same manner.

You have a problem when a country's main industry is media or media hype versus farming or manufacturing. It's about balancing intangible and tangible assets.

The Playbook and bridge function, with, a hand-held unit makes for a cross platform integration that allows for the technology to compliment each other.
    Last edited by swiftex; 12-27-11 at 02:08 PM.
    12-27-11 01:53 PM
    I would love for a mod to weigh in on how this hate filled, anti-American, racists scree is allowed to exist on Crackberry. The original post is nothing more than hate mongering, insulting, trolling, offensive misinformation. Is there even a proper forum for this junk? I know this is not a democracy, but I call for a lock. This is not just about not wanting to read this sort of thing. This would be considered racism if directed at anyone other than Americans. I also find the sweeping, insulting generalizations toward all that purchase an Apple product to be rank trollism. I respectfully and strongly request comment by a mod on this.
    Last edited by dandbj13; 12-27-11 at 03:23 PM.
    12-27-11 03:20 PM
    I would love for a mod to weigh in on how this hate filled, anti-American, racists scree is allowed to exist on Crackberry. The original post is nothing more than hate mongering, insulting, trolling, offensive misinformation. Is there even a proper forum for this junk? I know this is not a democracy, but I call for a lock. This is not just about not wanting to read this sort of thing. This would be considered racism if directed at anyone other than Americans. I also find the sweeping, insulting generalizations toward all that purchase an Apple product to be rank trollism. I respectfully and strongly request comment by a mod on this.
    If you cannot tolerate a subjective opinion and feel the need to pull out the race card, then, maybe it's time for you to weigh-out of the conversation.
    12-27-11 03:26 PM
    How about a sort of compromise. Since this is not a help thread, and is not technical in nature, lets take the discussion to a non post counting forum.
    12-27-11 03:42 PM
    How about a sort of compromise. Since this is not a help thread, and is not technical in nature, lets take the discussion to a non post counting forum.
    Why would that even be considered?
    12-27-11 04:37 PM
    The fix contemplated under these circumstances is as oppressive as what you wish to avoid.
    12-27-11 04:42 PM
    You can still openly discuss it just without mucking up the help going on in the technical part of the forum.
    12-27-11 04:55 PM
    You can still openly discuss it just without mucking up the help going on in the technical part of the forum.
    Fair enough. Thanks!
    12-27-11 05:04 PM
    I participate. Should not assume otherwise. Misinformation or propaganda is spread in the same manner.

You have a problem when a country's main industry is media or media hype versus farming or manufacturing. It's about balancing intangible and tangible assets.

The Playbook and bridge function, with, a hand-held unit makes for a cross platform integration that allows for the technology to compliment each other.
    I stand corrected then. You did say "All this "social media and app stuff" is worthless after the dust settles." But, it's possible that I misunderstood your meaning.

That being said, if you do appreciate technology you would probably appreciate that the iPad is not being used just for Angry Birds, Twitter and their Starbucks app. It's used in Hospitals to maintain patient records, and read x-rays. It's used in schools to teach physics, and in sports by team trainers.

Now, I would love to see the PB being used by my dentist to illustrate my next root canal to me and hopefully we'll get there.

I was a Palm guy for YEARS. I owned 3 of the original Palm pilots. Every model of the Treo phones, stylus and all. I was a huge proponent of Palm's WebOS, the use of 'Cards' and true multi-tasking.

But I also remember, that the Palm Pre with was named DEVICE OF THE YEAR at C.E.S in '09, and is now gone. And most of the folks that I knew who owned a Pre said it was a much better device than the iphone.

I'm hoping that R.I.M learns from HP/Palm's mistakes the same way Kim K learned early on what not-to-do by watching Paris Hilton implode.

I am going to run out tomorrow and pick up another PB before the sale ends, because I do believe that it has a shot under the right conditions.
    swiftex likes this.
    12-27-11 06:04 PM
    I stand corrected then. You did say "All this "social media and app stuff" is worthless after the dust settles." But, it's possible that I misunderstood your meaning.

That being said, if you do appreciate technology you would probably appreciate that the iPad is not being used just for Angry Birds, Twitter and their Starbucks app. It's used in Hospitals to maintain patient records, and read x-rays. It's used in schools to teach physics, and in sports by team trainers.

Now, I would love to see the PB being used by my dentist to illustrate my next root canal to me and hopefully we'll get there.

I was a Palm guy for YEARS. I owned 3 of the original Palm pilots. Every model of the Treo phones, stylus and all. I was a huge proponent of Palm's WebOS, the use of 'Cards' and true multi-tasking.

But I also remember, that the Palm Pre with was named DEVICE OF THE YEAR at C.E.S in '09, and is now gone. And most of the folks that I knew who owned a Pre said it was a much better device than the iphone.

I'm hoping that R.I.M learns from HP/Palm's mistakes the same way Kim K learned early on what not-to-do by watching Paris Hilton implode.

I am going to run out tomorrow and pick up another PB before the sale ends, because I do believe that it has a shot under the right conditions.

Agreed. First time PB user and enjoying it immensely.
    12-27-11 07:30 PM
    I KNEW there could be a good debate here!!!!!! THIS is what we want. It's when we start getting too personal, and when we start attacking each other that the problems start. I usually use this quick test, when I think I might have a questionable post. I think would I be able to say this aloud in front of my mother? And if the answer is, NO, then I revise my post, or decide to just out right delete it.
    swiftex likes this.
    12-27-11 08:32 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD