See how easy it is?
    08-06-09 02:21 PM
    IYou mean this? Well please accept my apology. I didn't mean you were a Storm fanboy/fangirl.

Moving on, fine you say it's not about the Storm but Storm owners are the only ones on the forum who start threads like these. Is RC a troll? Yeah he fits the bill. But i've seen much worse from others here and a banning have never been called for them.
    there ya go, i mean for everyone RC was just a great example
    08-06-09 02:23 PM

See how easy it is?
    BUT REED, we shouldnt have to do that, your rules state that you CAN NOT TROLL the forums, so why should we have to ignore something that you are not supposed to let happen, that is the worst response I have ever heard ignore them for breaking the rules? what if I came and shot your wife and kids, and when the cops come they say ohh just ignore him and you wont have to deal with it? thats what your doing, dont you get it? why dont you guys ask Kevin to come check this out, and see how he feels about the rules being let go, or better yet pks pm that Banning is a last resort...REALLY? you guys pull the ban trigger for say *** but not for trolling, they are both rules, you dont ignore people when you break the rules you remove them. and just to make it clear I am in no way threatening or implying that I would ever cause harm or injury to you or your family
    08-06-09 02:27 PM
    its not about one post, its about the 100's that RCCollins has about nothing....
    Look at his avatar, he is child. He has nothing but time on his hands. Treat him like a child, put him on Ignore and encourage all your friends to do the same.

Without an audiance, he will have to change his behaviour.

edit: The avatar has changed, but we remember the 12 year old face.
    08-06-09 02:28 PM
    Seems like some folks are making a mountain out of a molehill!
    08-06-09 02:28 PM
    When a Moderator suggests you Ignore a troublesome member, we are suggesting you use the vBulletin Ignore button. You will find it under the members profile, add them to your ignore list.

What will that accomplish? The Ignored member is restricted from posting in a thread you open... A troll free zone.

If that member posts in a common thread, you don't even have to both skipping it, you will never see it.

That's a handy option I didn't now existed. Thanks for the heads-up!
    08-06-09 02:30 PM
    Look at his avatar, he is child. He has nothing but time on his hands. Treat him like a child, put him on Ignore and encourage all your friends to do the same.

Without an audiance, he will have to change his behaviour.

edit: The avatar has changed, but we remember the 12 year old face.
    Seems like some folks are making a mountain out of a molehill!
    Reed, PK you two are acting like children right now by ignoring these facts
    and this is copied right from your damn policies

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!

Now where in those policies does it say to just ignore it if it happens?
    because it says at the bottom of the thread that it willnot be tolerated? so you tell me, why would you ignore someone stealing from you? its not allowed period
    08-06-09 02:39 PM
    there ya go, i mean for everyone RC was just a great example
    OK well i agree with you 100%
    08-06-09 02:39 PM
    OK well i agree with you 100%
    Thanks
    its too bad the mods are the ONLY ones who dont. they think its ok
    08-06-09 02:40 PM
    What is it Mod staff that you really arent catching? Ignore this doesnt solve it., your rules say I shouldnt have to ignore this, that it shouldnt happen, and sending me a pm to ignore it, NO fix the problem quit wasting time on peopel that actually contribute(patches, sure he can be an *** but hes right) and start on the idiots and morons here
    08-06-09 02:50 PM
    Group hug? Anyone?
    08-06-09 02:51 PM
    How was
    The Storm has much bigger issues than tethering. The OS is extremely slow and buggy and there are countless hardware and design issues. I am actually able to tether just fine, I am on Verizon though.
    Rude? What are you exactly try to accomplish here. There have been worse posts removed for the reason of Personal attacks, etc. But a person talking about a device is bad...........?

I think were are missing some facts here....

Kinda funny how all the people who IMO start trouble in other threads are now all over this... No body ever says anything when a new person asks a simple question and you guys jump all over that new person....

Ignore works.......Trust me....
    08-06-09 02:52 PM
    How was

Rude? What are you exactly try to accomplish here. There have been worse posts removed for the reason of Personal attacks, etc. But a person talking about a device is bad...........?

I think were are missing some facts here....

Kinda funny how all the people who IMO start trouble in other threads are now all over this... No body ever says anything when a new person asks a simple question and you guys jump all over that new person....
    who is jumping on the new person??no one...RC is not new he has been here a long while and you all let him do as he pleases against your POLICY, why can you guys get that in your brain?? you all keep ignoring the fact that his post are OFF TOPIC, RUDE, AND POINTLESS
    08-06-09 02:57 PM

Ignore works.......Trust me....
    but its not what your policy is, and your policy says this is a friendly place that cares for its members, I call bs as you dont take care of anything, ignoring is being lazy
    08-06-09 02:59 PM
    Ok, I've read this whole thread:

Maybe RC isn't the kindest or doesn't provide the most useful info (can't say, never interacted with him/her personally) but is it really that big a deal? Just ignore him/her - be it through using the ignore feature on CB or through sheer will-power. I see what you're saying and where you're coming from jnepsa, but I can't believe you don't have more significant, pressing issues in your day that whether or not some guy/girl in an internet forum was rude/useful/mean/whatever. Sure, maybe RC is a d-bag and maybe the mods should t-bag the d-bag (sorry, too tempting, trying to break up the monotony of a slow day at work...and no offense meant towards anyone). But really? Is it this big an issue? If you'd like, I can say something outlandishly rude/mean and then the mods can yell at me (please let it be pkcable, he seems really fair and nice), I can apologize with my tail between my legs and we can all go on with our days feeling like we've accomplished something.
    08-06-09 03:06 PM
    Very interesting.....
    08-06-09 03:10 PM
    Ok, I've read this whole thread:

Maybe RC isn't the kindest or doesn't provide the most useful info (can't say, never interacted with him/her personally) but is it really that big a deal? Just ignore him/her - be it through using the ignore feature on CB or through sheer will-power. I see what you're saying and where you're coming from jnepsa, but I can't believe you don't have more significant, pressing issues in your day that whether or not some guy/girl in an internet forum was rude/useful/mean/whatever. Sure, maybe RC is a d-bag and maybe the mods should t-bag the d-bag (sorry, too tempting, trying to break up the monotony of a slow day at work...and no offense meant towards anyone). But really? Is it this big an issue? If you'd like, I can say something outlandishly rude/mean and then the mods can yell at me (please let it be pkcable, he seems really fair and nice), I can apologize with my tail between my legs and we can all go on with our days feeling like we've accomplished something.
    No offense taken nice post , and I dont really do anything all day lmao, but the point is the policy here states this shouldnt be going on, and being told to ignore it is unacceptable, If someone stole your car and the cops came and the only thing they said is ignore it, would that be acceptable?
    08-06-09 03:11 PM
    No offense taken nice post , and I dont really do anything all day lmao, but the point is the policy here states this shouldnt be going on, and being told to ignore it is unacceptable, If someone stole your car and the cops came and the only thing they said is ignore it, would that be acceptable?
    If you equate someone being rude with someone stealing your car then I think we have found the issue here.
    08-06-09 03:13 PM
    If you equate someone being rude with someone stealing your car then I think we have found the issue here.
    really its an example, but I take your answer as its no its not acceptable so that is the point, dont bother to keep posting if you are not going to contribute anything but pointless comments
    08-06-09 03:14 PM
    really its an example, but I take your answer as its no its not acceptable so that is the point, dont bother to keep posting if you are not going to contribute anything but pointless comments
    You are the one making pointless comments this isnt doing anything for the better of the forums just fluffing your post count?
    08-06-09 03:15 PM
    You are the one making pointless comments this isnt doing anything for the better of the forums just fluffing your post count?
    couldnt care less about my post count if these all dont count who cares, and it would be doing something for the better of the forums if the mods would actually do something
    08-06-09 03:18 PM
    What if the person just looked at you funny, and you keep calling the cops about it OVER AND OVER! What should the cops do in that case, arrest the guy because he keeps looking at you funny, OR arrest you for making false police reports.
    08-06-09 03:20 PM
    What if the person just looked at you funny, and you keep calling the cops about it OVER AND OVER! What should the cops do in that case, arrest the guy because he keeps looking at you funny, OR arrest you for making false police reports.
    Or maybe if it was against the law( or in the case here at the site the POLICY) that is in place then yes the person should be 'arrested' (banned). You act like no one else has said anything or ever had a problem with this before? if it wasnt against your policy I wouldnt be fighting like this but the fact is , that is your policy
    If you don't like the way its ran why don't you stop posting/reading and go to another website?
    if you dont like my point of veiw ignore it
    08-06-09 03:33 PM

if you dont like my point of veiw ignore it
    Hmmmm We discussed this not long ago..
    08-06-09 03:38 PM
    It isn't an example. Here's basically what your "example" was:
    Rude is to stealing a car as not covering your mouth when you cough is to murder.

Now THIS is an example: What would you do if someone coughed in your face without covering their mouth?
    My answer: I would think that person was rude/had poor manners. Then I would continue about my day concerning myself with the REAL issues I have (i.e. bills to pay, laundry to do, etc.)

I wasn't trying to attack you. I was simply trying to diffuse a situation you apparantly found to be so horrible it ruined your day.
    08-06-09 03:39 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD