At the intro of the game (skippable) They put you in the place of a rouge Soviet unit that carries out a terrorist attack in an airport. How is this attack done? You have you slaughter the people yourself. Gun them down if you will.

Why is this in the game? To add a whole new level of realism to the game.

Opinion:
    This is amazing. It's about time a game added this level of realism. I mean we always kill the nazis, soviets, Koreans. I mean to make you the bad guy...you really have to look at how someone could think to do that... Really adds a level of emotion in video games. I mean yeah GTA has you kill random people, but that game all has no innocent people. This...this will have people just in the airport trying to live...and you have to kill them.
    The real question is...how many people will play that level?

Activision Confirms Civilian Slaughter Scene in Modern Warfare 2 - News
    10-28-09 08:37 PM
    No one is going to play this?
    10-29-09 10:26 AM
    I love it.
    I think thats a great idea to put you in the mindset of the bad guy...
    Has there been a game like this before???
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 10-29-09 at 10:32 AM.
    10-29-09 10:28 AM
    GTA is the closest you get but EVERYONE is corrupt in that game.
    10-29-09 10:37 AM
    Yeah no kidding, in that game you're weird if you're not running people over.
    10-29-09 10:49 AM
    MW1 is problally my favorite game to date, i really flop between GoW2, MW1, and MGS4, those are easliy all number one for one reason or another.

I really am stoked about MW2 coming out.

I don't know that i'll be at the midnight release like i was with GoW2 but i will be picking it up...

and as far as the civilians getting killed ... it's about time a war game show "war for being war" ... and i may wake alot of people up.... but if i remeber correct in GoW2 and the game Kayne and Lynch --- just normal people get blown to bits ...
    10-29-09 11:38 AM
    By the sounds of it I'll just be playing the first bit over and over again, no need to finish the game.
    10-29-09 12:52 PM
    By the sounds of it I'll just be playing the first bit over and over again, no need to finish the game.
    Yeah level one completed 30 times game beat 0 times.
    10-29-09 01:59 PM
    Yeah level one completed 30 times game beat 0 times.
    I consider the game beat once I master that level, the rest of the game is just filler to placate the masses into believing the programmers actually care about the moral of the story.
    10-29-09 02:44 PM
    Uh yea. You can tell just by the volume of pre-orders. I can wait to pick it up. I have cod 4 and waw and haven't beat either. I like the games, but I never played long enough of got into the storylines enough. I will be getting MW 2 for sure, just not on the release date or pre-ordering it. I got the gta 4 dlc on disc today and am quite excited about the ballad of gay tony game. But I got school work and studying to do. Think I might slip the disc in for a few hours tonight?
    10-29-09 06:46 PM
    Pfft... I'm not buying any more of their crap until I see some better programing. I've gotten so sick of the lag, getting kicked out of servers, party problems, and unrealistic shooting that I've started playing Starcraft again. Pretty sad this 10 year old game is putting these new games to shame

Cod4? I would love to use the .50... Unfortunately all that happens when you fire the gun is you give away your position so someone with a P90 or Scorpion can snipe you. or a 9mm pistol. That's always fun. Never knew those things were accurate at 2000 yards. Stupid me

Congrats to Rockstar. Despite the fact they get sued everytime they try and release a game, they still have the best programming out there. ****, Vice City is still better than half the games coming out. GTA 4 is a masterpeice It's good to see people make a game as good as it can be. Not "good enough to sell..."
    10-29-09 09:52 PM
    Call of Duty 4 has the best shooting physics of any game to date.. Including World at War. (Well other than the long distance pistol). Sounds to me like somebody just sucks at the game... Cause I come in 1st on Free-for-All all the time with the Barrett .50..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 07:27 AM
    Call of Duty 4 has the best shooting physics of any game to date.. Including World at War. (Well other than the long distance pistol). Sounds to me like somebody just sucks at the game... Cause I come in 1st on Free-for-All all the time with the Barrett .50..

He didn't say anything about score.. I always come in first for headquarters team deathmatch etc almost 1 win ratio and above 1.3 kdr even though I could careless for kdr as I have more kills then someone who has played 7 days more (on cod4) the lag on that game is horrendous and constant game host leaving all the time or disconnects.. No w@w is even worse .. Then the map pack came out and we couldn't play as it kept placing us in games with map pack .. And no don't suck on there I haven't played it since the first month came out still got 2 ratio 1 win ratio and was first to 6 prestige and number 1 in kills as I care about kills instead of kdr... Once they realize how to program a real gun game then ill play more... And real gun physics !! Your kidding right .. A pistol can shoot all the way across the map ! A desert eagle in last stand to be exact .. Your bleeding out you shouldn't be able to do that... P90 and scorpions with a scope have less recoil then a .50 with a scope what's that about... The best gun game is socom 1 and 2 most realistic too.. And o wait that came out like 9 years ago sad really..

11-01-09 09:02 AM
    Pfft... I'm not buying any more of their crap until I see some better programing. I've gotten so sick of the lag, getting kicked out of servers, party problems, and unrealistic shooting that I've started playing Starcraft again. Pretty sad this 10 year old game is putting these new games to shame

Cod4? I would love to use the .50... Unfortunately all that happens when you fire the gun is you give away your position so someone with a P90 or Scorpion can snipe you. or a 9mm pistol. That's always fun. Never knew those things were accurate at 2000 yards. Stupid me

Congrats to Rockstar. Despite the fact they get sued everytime they try and release a game, they still have the best programming out there. ****, Vice City is still better than half the games coming out. GTA 4 is a masterpeice It's good to see people make a game as good as it can be. Not "good enough to sell..."
    Vice City super cop.

Your point is invalid.
    11-01-09 01:46 PM
    Wow, got some heat back off that one huh? You want a crap game? Go nuts, I didn't tell you not to buy it I just said I wont... Vice City super cop? What's that? I'm simply stating that the game is how many years old, and still puts most of the new games to shame.

As for phatboy... Good God...
    If you think someone would live through a .50 caliber bullet to the chest, please come over here and let me prove you wrong They don't know how guns work. Bullets fly straight, to a point. Sorry.... Desert eagles don't shoot accurate to 2000 yards. Neither do 9mm's Then you've got some guns that you have to shoot someone in the head twice with? What's that? Pretty sure if I put a bullet between your eyes, despite a small caliber, you're going to die. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about though. These crap programmers know better

Thought I'd add, I have a great ratio... I'm a P90 sniper My Tv's big enough I can see everybody from across the map. So I look through the steel sights and snipe from anywhere. Definately realistic There's no challenge anymore. Everyone either uses P90's or M203's. Another thing that's realistic. I can snipe with M203's. Once you get the angles down, I can sneak those things through a 2x2' window from a mile away
    11-01-09 09:39 PM
    Wow, got some heat back off that one huh? You want a crap game? Go nuts, I didn't tell you not to buy it I just said I wont... Vice City super cop? What's that? I'm simply stating that the game is how many years old, and still puts most of the new games to shame.

If you think someone would live through a .50 caliber bullet to the chest, please come over here and let me prove you wrong They don't know how guns work. Bullets fly straight, to a point. Sorry.... Desert eagles don't shoot accurate to 2000 yards. Neither do 9mm's Then you've got some guns that you have to shoot someone in the head twice with? What's that? Pretty sure if I put a bullet between your eyes, despite a small caliber, you're going to die. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about though. These crap programmers know better

Thought I'd add, I have a great ratio... I'm a P90 sniper My Tv's big enough I can see everybody from across the map. So I look through the steel sights and snipe from anywhere. Definately realistic There's no challenge anymore. Everyone either uses P90's or M203's. Another thing that's realistic. I can snipe with M203's. Once you get the angles down, I can sneak those things through a 2x2' window from a mile away
    super cop was one of many glitches that plauged vice city.

no matter how fast or high hed yank you out the car/boat/heli. GTA is known for weird programing

11-02-09 01:00 AM

i havent played in a long time....i need to get back on, i havent even looked at my ps3 in about a month
    11-02-09 01:18 AM
    i havent played in a long time....i need to get back on, i havent even looked at my ps3 in about a month
    Haven't missed much Everybody went back to playing Starcraft for a bit, then we turned it back on to play some GTA 4. Haven't played COD4 for a while now
    11-02-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD