What MMORPG are you playing and why?

I am currently MMO surfing and waiting for Final Fantasy XIV Online. Hoping to get into beta.
    12-24-09 04:04 PM
    What MMORPG are you playing and why?

I am currently MMO surfing and waiting for Final Fantasy XIV Online. Hoping to get into beta.
    I use to play Runescape in my highschool days Not really into anything right now though.
    12-24-09 04:17 PM
    I use to play Runescape in my highschool days Not really into anything right now though.
    I never did get into runescape. I started with Final Fantasy XI in 02/03 or something and then moved onto WoW when that came out. Played for several years until it went downhill. Tried every major release since then and nothing seems to keep my attention.
    12-24-09 04:36 PM
    I never did get into runescape. I started with Final Fantasy XI in 02/03 or something and then moved onto WoW when that came out. Played for several years until it went downhill. Tried every major release since then and nothing seems to keep my attention.
    Runescape was good for the competition I played with 8 or 9 other people I went to school with. I was second place for levels. I had it all figured out, how to make the most of my time, make every second productive. I just couldn't move up to first The first place guy spent more time on the game than I could...
    12-24-09 04:47 PM
    Runescape was good for the competition I played with 8 or 9 other people I went to school with. I was second place for levels. I had it all figured out, how to make the most of my time, make every second productive. I just couldn't move up to first The first place guy spent more time on the game than I could...

We did that with Earth 2025 back in highschool, it was fun.

I used to play Ultima Online, I really enjoyed it, but didn't have the time

Maple story has a Free 3D MMORPG I forget what it is called, but I played that for a while as well, last RPG I played by Blizzard was WarCraft 3, they buggered that game up so bad and made it SO clear they wanted to get into RPG rather then RTS I never gave WoW a shot.
    12-24-09 08:57 PM
    See I never played MMOs to compete, and thats why I had to leave WoW is because everybody on there wanted to "PWN" you.

For me these games were always about adventuring together with a bunch of friends, taking your time, experiencing the world, accomplishing things together and having new experiences. Then the WoW crowd sucked in all of the halo and fps crowd and the MMO industry has gone downhill ever since : /
    12-24-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD