So..i recently had the pleasure of living in and out of airports for nearly 2days thanks to lay overs and what not...as i was sitting in Reagan national airport(9hr lay over!) i was able to see that out of all of the people ive seen come and go through there i only seen 1 person on a BlackBerry and that was on the plane i was finally able to board. it was deff. sad to see a flood of iphones every where. now i am no fan boy thats for sure i have own several iphones,BlackBerrys,and android based phones...i like and disslike alot of features on each OS. i am just finding it hard to see that RIM will still be as relevent as other devices even with the BB10 launch. i try to be a realist when it comes to most things in my life..but with BlackBerry as of now i can only be optimistic. first impressions are everything so i am praying that the delay in releasing the new devices with give RIM enough time to make people say "oohh wow..i want that phone!" i am already on board like alot of others. besides crackberry do you think that there will be enough marketing and over sight to help RIM out? honostly i have mentioned BB10 to a number of people and they look at me as if i have a second head. for the record these people havnt even heard of crackberry or acouple other mobile coverage sites..they just focus of the device they have. i as well wouldnt know of BB10 without this site amoung others. i know there has been alot on this BB10 topic and what not..but i mean when should they market? why havnt they marketed yet? do they plan on marketing? obv. i dont expect theses questions to be answered..but something has to give. it has always bugged me to see a fantastic company or even a local shop closed down do to other shops or companies pruducing the same thing except with thier own recipes. i want to be able to see BlackBerrys being used they are fantastic..so in my opinion the time is now. i feel RIM should not wait till nearly last minute to go bananas with marketing. just my thought. and for the record i dont use twitter or nearly any other social networking sites..so if alil be of marketing has been made public excuse my post.
    08-28-12 10:29 AM
    Well, if you just read my signature you know what I think of iPhones...anyways, I'm more worried that by the time BB10 comes out everyone except this forum community will have forgotten about Blackberry and will be too busy playing with their iPhone 5s. I just hope Blackberry's delay in their 10th operating system doesn't hurt them so badly that they fall under. I love my Torch and probably won't get a BB10 phone right when it comes out (also because I had to renew my contract to get my Torch at the beginning of the year) but when my contract runs up if I still feel like putting up with AT&T's bull sheekouskee I may get one. I personally haven't seen any marketing besides what is on this site as prospects and 1 video where it shows the concepts they are thinking about putting in it. Like I said, my biggest fear is either Blackberry doesn't sell because of the iPhone being most popular right now or that everyone forgets about Blackberry before they can make their big debut.
    08-28-12 11:04 AM
    Well, if you just read my signature you know what I think of iPhones...anyways, I'm more worried that by the time BB10 comes out everyone except this forum community will have forgotten about Blackberry and will be too busy playing with their iPhone 5s. I just hope Blackberry's delay in their 10th operating system doesn't hurt them so badly that they fall under. I love my Torch and probably won't get a BB10 phone right when it comes out (also because I had to renew my contract to get my Torch at the beginning of the year) but when my contract runs up if I still feel like putting up with AT&T's bull sheekouskee I may get one. I personally haven't seen any marketing besides what is on this site as prospects and 1 video where it shows the concepts they are thinking about putting in it. Like I said, my biggest fear is either Blackberry doesn't sell because of the iPhone being most popular right now or that everyone forgets about Blackberry before they can make their big debut.
    and this is why they should not wait till last minute to market BB10. granted there are always hurdles to over come with anything..but no attempt to do so at all will most likely be the last nail in the coffen. just my opinion
    08-28-12 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD