Some man contaced me through Facebook some weeks ago. He was a man stationed in Afganistan. He had some very nice images of his stay in Afganistan on his profile with his back turned to the camera on all of them, the avatar was a nice looking man, though. He was a widower after his wife died in a car crash, with a 12 year old son, he was lonely and soon finished with the army after 28 years of service. He was seeking love and marriage and wanted badly to come and visit me here in Norway he just wanted me to send him 500$ so he could be released from US army.

When I made him aware that General Petreus (the man in his profile picture) already was married he deleted his FB-profile. I can laugh of it since I understood from the beginning it was a scam, but I have read there has been a great deal of lonely and desperate souls that actually bought it and sent those nigerians money.
    10-10-13 07:51 PM
    At least he wasn't the usual Prince!

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    10-10-13 08:11 PM
    At least he wasn't the usual Prince!

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    Hmm, is that a common scam too?
    10-10-13 08:17 PM
    Lol. Try
    Www.419eater.com awesome site!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 08:34 PM
    I thought of it, but did not want to waste my time.
    10-10-13 08:53 PM
    General Petreus, that's funny but you'd be surprised if you knew how often this scam works. It's big business for them, bringing in millions each year with these scams. They all start with some sort of a sob story to catch the attention of the women and start asking for money. When the women inform them that they have run out of money, the letters and calls stop coming.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    10-10-13 10:40 PM
    General Petreus, that's funny but you'd be surprised if you knew how often this scam works. It's big business for them, bringing in millions each year with these scams. They all start with some sort of a sob story to catch the attention of the women and start asking for money. When the women inform them that they have run out of money, the letters and calls stop coming.
    hmm, I am not sure if I really feel sorry for people who take this bait.
    10-11-13 08:48 AM
    hmm, I am not sure if I really feel sorry for people who take this bait.
    I think people have to be especially wary of emails and posts like the one you got. It's sad to say but you can't trust anyone till they prove you can trust them!
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    10-11-13 12:14 PM
    I think people have to be especially wary of emails and posts like the one you got. It's sad to say but you can't trust anyone till they prove you can trust them!
    Ain't that the truth!!
    jaydee5799 and Sexy Sadie like this.
    10-11-13 12:20 PM
    True enough. You should think every grown up knew that.
    10-12-13 11:59 AM