hi all i was in the navy but got discharged due to an medical issue, while i was in there i formed a whole new appreciation for this country and the united states military the finest fighting force in the world. so im sittin here bored and thaught itd be kinda cool to see all the blackberry users show there support for the military so show your support and i kinda want to compile a cd for my truck with songs that have to do with the military/soldiers/war so mention the songs that you can think of that have to do with those and of course show your support thanks
    04-21-08 12:26 AM
    Well I am in the Army and I love beong in I know of a few song you may like. I will get with my friends and get back to you
    04-21-08 12:33 AM
    First and Foremost, Thank you for Serving.
    I do not think anybody in this Country today would have any Doubt, that We Owe our FREEDOM to those who have Served Before, Now and in the Future.
    Thanks to the Fighting Men and Women who have serve their Country.

Proudly Serving those who have Served.
    04-21-08 12:34 AM
    USAF SSgt here...thank you for your service...here are you songs...
    Bodies-Drowning Pool
    Soldiers-Drowning Pool
    Proud to be an American-Lee Green wood
    Liar-Godsmack
    Rooster-Alice in Chains
    Hero-6oo 6ighters
    Mamma I'm Comming Home-Ozzy Osbourne

There are a lot of other good ones...this should get ya in the right direction Salor...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-08 02:17 AM
    Heh...the 6oo 6ighters is supposed to say "Foo Fighters"...

04-21-08 02:19 AM
    Hey Truckman - sorry to hear the service lost one - however you gotta take care of self first!! Hope all is well.

Army here and glad to know that there are folks out there giving us the support we so much deserve....
    04-21-08 02:59 AM
    Sorry to hear that. Military family here Virginia.
    04-21-08 09:04 AM
    Rutic Overtones- A Letter to the President
    04-21-08 01:06 PM
    I would like to say thanks for serving. My husband has been in the Navy for 9 years now and I know the sacrifices that you make to serve. I know of several good songs. I will make a list and post it.

04-21-08 01:15 PM
    I've always loved Eddie Van Halen's Top Gun theme tune.

Bow waw waw wadleadleaw waw waddleaw waddleaw waddle awawaaw...
    04-21-08 02:39 PM
    My son just graduated from basic training in the Air Force a week and a half ago. While there he attended a contemporary church service every Sunday. Just before the service begins the Chaplin plays the most touching song (with the video) called "Letters from War" by Mark Schultz. I think every military person & their mom can relate to the song.

04-21-08 03:11 PM
    Marine Corps Hymn is the only song I am aware of. Ha.
    1st Lt. T.J. Allred USMC (Ret.)
    04-21-08 05:30 PM
    Thanks for serving. Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" always gets to me now and when I was in the Army. Best of luck!
    04-21-08 05:40 PM
    I was discharged due to medical issue as well (USAF). Body couldn't keep up. Should have waited until I got SSgt. For some reason I really liked the song Bodies by Drowning Pool. I used to play it in the morning as a booster or sorts.
    Last edited by obin21; 04-21-08 at 07:15 PM.
    04-21-08 07:11 PM
    i would like to thank all military and ex military for their service. without you we would not be able to do what we are doing now. once again, thank you for your service.
    04-21-08 07:41 PM
    I only got to do 3 yrs in the Navy due to a medical problem so I am a honorably discharged disabled vet. And I love Proud to be an American by Lee Greenwood.
    04-21-08 07:47 PM
    Hon Discharged Army here. Always liked Pat Benatar's "Invincible".

04-21-08 08:00 PM
    Thank you for serving and fighting to keep us safe...that goes out to all the military here, active or retired. I second two of the songs above...proud to be an American and Ozzy's momma I'm coming home both are awesome. Please let us know what you decide on.

04-21-08 09:12 PM
    hey all its always great to see other service members on here and everyone showing there support. its awsome to see all this posted in one day. personally i think lee greenwoods proud to be an american is always the best but ozzy is great to. thanks again for everyone showing theyre support and all the service members that posted here we salute you
    04-21-08 09:54 PM
    My son is in the Air Force, currently in Afghanistan. Hopefully he'll be returning to his base in Germany soon. I'll email and ask him for songs too.
    04-21-08 10:09 PM
    Former 21E Army soldier here
    04-21-08 10:13 PM
    12 years in the US Army and just re enlisted for the long haul. I'll be heading to Iraq in the next couple of months and I'm glad to see we're still getting some support. A few of my choice songs (a little more on the country side )

8th of November- Big and Rich
    American Soldier- Toby Keith
    Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue- Toby Keith

Just a few...
    04-21-08 10:34 PM
    even though there are some stupid people in this country im pretty sure that most of the united states will always have support for the fighting forces that keep this country safe and alow it to be what it is. its awsome to see that youve done 12 years and re-upd. those are some great country songs that i forgot i had on my computer
    04-21-08 10:44 PM
    12 years in the US Army and just re enlisted for the long haul. I'll be heading to Iraq in the next couple of months and I'm glad to see we're still getting some support. A few of my choice songs (a little more on the country side )

8th of November- Big and Rich
    American Soldier- Toby Keith
    Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue- Toby Keith

Just a few...
    Good luck - be safe and remember your 5 & 25!!
    04-22-08 04:30 AM
    had 12 years in as an Infantry medic before an injury forced me out - miss it every day.

Not sure if you can find it or not but Chris Winward's "My Brothers and me" is simply amazing (about the 101st in WWII) I know the video is on Youtube-click here for the video. (some very good vintage shots of the 502nd - my old regiment)

Goodnight Saigon is another good one (Billy Joel)

There is a great website called "Sounds of SWC" located here: Sounds of SWC for the non-military out there SWC is the Special Warfare Center, the guys that train Special Forces (green berets). Anyway, the group is all active duty SWC instructors and as you can imagine their songs are hilarious and should probably not be played when youngins are about due to some off color language.

Here are hot links to their songs -

What ya gonna do PL?

Ballad of the Airborne Ranger

Did you get your EIB yet?

Going to Camp MacKall

Ambush

The Rucksack Flop

And for anyone who has had to sit thru a pre-holiday safety brief...this one is for you!!! Safety Brief

"All SWC songs are pending copyright but may be freely copied and distributed as long as they are not used for profit."
    04-22-08 10:42 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD