Hi folks,

Hoping you can help.

I had Microsoft Office 2007 on my desktop with XP, the laptop with Vista and the netbook with 7. When I loaded Office 2010 on XP it asked me if I wanted to upgrade I said yes and it went though and removed 2007 and replaced it with 2010 perfect and my wifes netbook worked the same way.

The problem was the laptop I use all the time. When I load it up I get an error of 1706. Setup cannot find the required files. Check your connection to the network, or CD-Rom drive. For potential solutions to this problem, see C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033\SETUP.HLP.

I've tried google and can't find a solution. I tried uninstalling 2007 first but that didn't work and when I went to put 2007 back on I got the same problem! had to re-set the computer to several hours earlier!

Any solution would be greatly appreciated!

07-29-10 07:48 AM
    Stevie, sounds like you should try a Repair Installation of Office 2007 before going any further with the 2010 upgrade...

I suspect that there is some sort of corruption as it pertains to your Office setup on the other computer...
    07-29-10 09:17 AM
    Was hoping you got it there. Tried running the 2007 setup and it asked if I wanted to install or customise whereas with 2010 its upgrade or customise. Ran it to install anyway and it run the setup perfectly and got to the end with no problems.

Tried the 2010 next and hit the same problem! Agh!!!!

07-29-10 12:26 PM