Well, I will now complain and whine both bitterly and incessantly:
    Today is the last day, the hated microsoft will support windows XP and its pal MSWord.
    First, I always preferred lotus to excell, and word perfect was miles ahead of word, but both got pushed out by IE and so the crappy software won out. I adjusted.
    It seems to be my lot in life to find a useable product that gets pushed out by a lesser product, but in today's world, bullies win.
    The playbook is an example. Apple sucks, but has the largest following.
    I bought my new computer in 2003 or 2004 for about $300.00 on sale at Staples. My boyfriend at the time, an engineer, went with me to get it. A Compac something. He also gave me his old LEXMARK Printer.
    He transferred all my files and set up the software.
    I was happy.
    Then I got my playbook basically free - cashed in my lifetime airmiles points (3,000 points) for the 32 gig PB.
    When it arrived, I stopped using the PC and lay on the couch using the PB while watching TV.
    I now refer to the PC as the dinosaur.
    I was happier.
    I never sit upstairs at the PC anymore - I work from the couch on my PB, while watching TV.
    Now, I am forced to get another PC
    Clearly with no more support, I can no longer ignore the fact that I have to decide what PC to get now.
    I lHave learned some things:
    A) from using the extra laptop I took home from my office, when I work from home - I now know I dislike laptops.
    B) I have to buy a new PC with software and get all my crap collected since 2003 and before transferred onto the new PC.
    C) my office, being government, made the ******** decision to upgrade us from PCs to laptops, connected to upright screens and separate keyboards with windows 7 !!
    D) I hate this upgrade and find my dinosaur much easier to use.
    E) I want to buy another PC on sale that will do what my old one was doing, and very little else, since it only functions as a hub for sideloading, transferring music and pics.
    F) I no longer have access to a friend who can help me
    G) Based on my ex-boyfriend's opinion, which I respect, I do not trust the kids at Staples, Bestbuy, etc to advise me, cause they're too young to understand what I need, which is probably more than I have, but much less than what they would consider useful
    So.. Has anyone here got any ideas?
    Last edited by castoridae; 04-08-14 at 07:25 PM.
    04-08-14 05:33 PM
    If you'd like to post in the Marketplace forum, please follow the Marketplace Guidelines found here:
    Marketplace Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Most important part for you:
    Members wanting to buy a specific item should use the following template:

Thread title: (WTB)
    Item Description:
    Price Range:
    Condition:
    Payment Method:
    Additional Info:
    Contact Info - Please PM or post below (do not post your email address)
    Thanks for understanding!
    04-08-14 05:53 PM
    MS are only ending support. Your PC will keep working till its dead. IMO PC's and laptops are redundant. Buy a tablet.
    04-09-14 01:17 AM
    If you've still got an XP machine, it's definitely time to upgrade. It doesn't have to be awful.

There are a bunch of options now for PCs or laptops. There are some relatively inexpensive laptops with removable screens that you can use as tablets. They'll be Window 8 tablets, sure, but it's actually pretty good as a tablet OS.
    04-09-14 01:23 AM
    MS are only ending support. Your PC will keep working till its dead. IMO PC's and laptops are redundant. Buy a tablet.
    As I said in my original blurb, I have a tablet - I now need either a laptop or PC as a hub for sideloading, transferring music, etc
    04-09-14 03:45 PM
    If you'd like to post in the Marketplace forum, please follow the Marketplace Guidelines found here:
    Marketplace Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Most important part for you:

Thanks for understanding!
    I wish you had not moved my thread. This is not the most useful place for it and I'm not getting help. I'm reposting it elsewhere. Please don't move it again. If its in the wrong place, it won't get any responses. Thanks
    04-09-14 03:49 PM