03-19-09 05:17 PM
26 12
tools
    I realize this is kind of a hot button topic. Especially with animal lovers. Basically my question is more directed towards the animal lovers.

He used bad judgement butI think he made his mistake, paid for it, and deserves to have a job like anyone else. Afterall, to me animals are nowhere as near important as people. Sorry to offend anyone with that but just how I feel. So my question basically is....

When Michael Vick gets a job playing football again, which he will, will you be rooting for him to fail?
    03-17-09 05:57 PM
    Vick is an amazing athlete, truly a freak of nature.

Hopefully, since he's served his time, everyone will let him continue to play football without hoping he fails. But, I'm sure, many will still feel that he's undeserving of living in society again after what he did.

P.S. Just so PETA doesn't come knocking on my door, I don't condone what he did, but he's paid the price and should be allowed to resume his life.
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 03-17-09 at 06:07 PM.
    03-17-09 06:04 PM
    Michael Vick commited a felony (legally speaking); irregardless of the philosophical-component of whether what he did can be considered as wrong as the magnitude of the law dictates it to be wrong.

Hypothetically speaking; Had any 'average/normal' person commited such acts and was found guilty and sentenced to the same terms and punishment Vick has...the 'average/normal' person would have a felony or felonies on their track record...rendering their job opportunities to be minimal at best.

Michael Vick however will have yet another shot at making six-figures at a minimum; and multi-million at the opposite end. So for those that argue Vick's case is precedent and proof that athletes/celebrities can't 'get away' from the punishment of the law...they are wrong.

In the grand scheme of things; I know this is only a discussion aimed at mainly one person as the subject matter...however let's put a relative peon and his individual problems to the side. Let's instead (as a society) SKEWER the CEOs and investment/bank executives who are directly responsible for the pre-meditated destruction of the financial health of our country, a great number of its citizens and of many other inhabitants of the world. 'White-collar' criminals my blue a**. As a result of these financial actions of greed...people are losing their homes, jobs, healthcare, etc. As a direct and indirect result...how many people do you think have become homeless, developed poor health because of the stress and pressure induced onto them...not to mention a host of other negative side effects that the greed of a few has caused for millions.
    Last edited by Fence; 03-17-09 at 06:21 PM.
    03-17-09 06:08 PM
    P.S. Just so PETA doesn't come knocking on my door, I don't condone what he did, but he's paid the price and should be allowed to resume his life.
    True that. A year in jail would have been fine with me. The 2 years is a bit excessive to me. But just one man's opinion.

He lost everything including his endorsements. That's enough punishment.
    03-17-09 06:09 PM
    But my question is if anyone is rooting for him to fail.
    03-17-09 06:10 PM
    I live in Atlanta and I know that many people would rather have their eyes removed than ever see him play again. He won't come back to the Falcons that is for sure, as long as Blank owns them at least. I think he will get booed and have things thrown at him the day he sets foot on the field in this town again.

Personally, I think there are worse things done sometimes by "animal lovers" than what he did. Was it wrong? With out a doubt, but if he serves his time then I don't care what he does. I do like animals, but I don't care about football at all. I just think he one of the biggest id10ts in sports history.
    03-17-09 06:12 PM
    No, i would not root to fail, he paid his debt to society, hopefully he learned his lesson...
    03-17-09 06:16 PM
    He didn't get away with anything, unlike the bankers who financed people for homes with no means to pay for it, or ceo's of companies that get 50 million dollar bonuses while their companies are laying off 20% of their staff. He committed a crime, got caught, got punished, and served his punishment.

So should no one convicted of a crime be allowed to work? Should a computer programmer that was convicted of a felony not be allowed to right another program?

He shouldn't be singled out because his occupation pays more than others, or because his crime got a lot more publicity than others. Where is the outrage for leonard little?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 06:19 PM
    But my question is if anyone is rooting for him to fail.
    I'm just guessing (so don't get mad, Fence) that Fence is looking for Vick to fail. I don't know, just a hunch.

And, no, I'm not looking for him to fail. I hope he comes back and kicks a-s-s.
    03-17-09 06:19 PM
    I realize this is kind of a hot button topic. Especially with animal lovers. Basically my question is more directed towards the animal lovers.

He used bad judgement butI think he made his mistake, paid for it, and deserves to have a job like anyone else. Afterall, to me animals are nowhere as near important as people. Sorry to offend anyone with that but just how I feel. So my question basically is....

When Michael Vick gets a job playing football again, which he will, will you be rooting for him to fail?
    This is tough, I will be rooting for him personally but it depends on who picks him up haha. I mean if they will let Adam Jones back into the NFL why not Vick. He will defiantly get picked up he is still rather young, and it won't take him much time to get into "football shape"
    03-17-09 06:21 PM

He knew what he was doing. It wasn't an "ooops!" moment. He committed a felony. I wouldn't have the same opportunity to "redeem" myself, it it were me. I'd just be out of a job, bad judgment or not. Money doesn't make folks smart, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it would be best to keep out of trouble, rather than get involved in illegal activities that may result in the end of your lucrative career. If you (anybody) can't figure that out, then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not rooting for him to fail. I hope he grows into a better human being, though.
    03-17-09 06:23 PM
    He didn't get away with anything, unlike the bankers who financed people for homes with no means to pay for it, or ceo's of companies that get 50 million dollar bonuses while their companies are laying off 20% of their staff. He committed a crime, got caught, got punished, and served his punishment.

So should no one convicted of a crime be allowed to work? Should a computer programmer that was convicted of a felony not be allowed to right another program?

He shouldn't be singled out because his occupation pays more than others, or because his crime got a lot more publicity than others. Where is the outrage for leonard little?

Leonard Little of the St. Louis Rams killed my friends mother...
    03-17-09 06:23 PM
    I'm just guessing (so don't get mad, Fence) that Fence is looking for Vick to fail. I don't know, just a hunch.

And, no, I'm not looking for him to fail. I hope he comes back and kicks a-s-s.
    You aren't guessing; you're assuming...and your assumption is wrong Bob. I'm not 'looking' for him to fail; it's moreso I could care less if he (being his own individual) succeeds or fails.

By the way P.O.E.; since you're interested in knowing who does/doesn't want him to fail; or who doesn't care either way...maybe it would be better if you created a poll. It'll capture a better snapshot along w/ the discussion in the thread...just a suggestion.
    Last edited by Fence; 03-17-09 at 06:29 PM.
    03-17-09 06:25 PM
    I agree with fence that he will get another chance based on his abilities, but it is a chance most of us wouldn't get. For us, if we commit a felony, we'd only be able to get the worst jobs. A nephew of mine, a decorated Iraq Veteran with PSTD, made a mistake and now is a felon. He is changing oil - and only got that job because our family knows the shop's owner. Michael Vick, even though he's broke now, will be able to resume his multi-million dollar lifestyle. I do believe he will be followed by protesters everywhere he goes, and they may be able to bring enough pressure to keep him from working. We shall see, eh?

Edit: so no one gets the wrong idea, I do believe that everyone who has been convicted of a crime and served their sentence., should get a second chance. I have hired a felon myself and he turned out to be a very productive employee who still works for me.
    Last edited by exelant; 03-17-09 at 06:33 PM.
    03-17-09 06:25 PM
    Leonard Little of the St. Louis Rams killed my friends mother...
    Now that guy should not have a job playing football anymore. He killed that woman while driving under the influence. Then I believe he got a DUI about 2 years later. What a slap in the face of that family.
    03-17-09 06:30 PM
    I still like Vick, but my Dog on the other hand hates him!
    03-17-09 06:32 PM
    Yes, my friend Mike was devastated of course, he was at a concert in downtown St. Louis and was supposed to have a ride home. His ride home fell through and he called his mom to come pick him up. That was when the accident happened...
    03-17-09 06:33 PM
    I don't remember the story SD, was he drunk?

03-17-09 06:35 PM
    I think he has paid his debt to society, he went to prison served his time and is paying restitution. Will he come back to the NFL, I'm sure he will. I think he won't be a QB right from the start but more of a versatile player, has to earn it. I'm sure there are teams out there that would want to talk to him.
    03-17-09 08:09 PM
    Vick has a talent which is overshadowed by stupidity. I would never root for a person to fail but mark my words- Vick will screw up again.
    03-17-09 10:56 PM
    I'm not hoping for him to fail. I'm hoping for him to be treated on the field as he treated his dogs. Let the fail fall where it may.
    03-17-09 11:11 PM
    Vick will screw up again.
    I feel the same way.
    03-18-09 02:22 PM

Yes, Leonard Little was drunk driving and killed someone...
    03-18-09 02:28 PM

Yes, Leonard Little was drunk driving and killed my friend's mother, Susan Gutweiler...
    03-18-09 02:28 PM
    I Like Vick And I Dont Want To See Him Fail But If You Are A Pit Owner Or A Dog Owner And You Love Your Dog Like I Do. You Would Mixed Emotions About It All.......plus If You Seen The Special On Discovery Channel About His Dogs And What He Did You Probably Would Feel The Same Way
    03-18-09 02:36 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD