Everyone's taking a dump on Jerry and Phil, but I don't find some of the staff writers at CB significantly better. T-shirts with logos of flipping the bird come to mind for one thing. Many posts being anything but what a professional blog would have authorized for another. Professionalism, as much as I would have liked more of it, is not what I come to expect out of Mobile Nations anymore. What I DO expect and what keeps me coming back to the pages of all four platforms of MN is a fairly unbiased slant and a mutual if begrudging respect for each platform out of every shop. AC has definitely violated that moreso than I have seen CB or iMore do just now and it is for that reason that I find they've crossed the line.
    needforbbx likes this.
    11-25-13 01:33 PM
    I agree. I mentioned this in another post and will mention it here as well:

What an inappropriate and offensive post by Phil and the Android team from Mobile Nations.

Calling people "assholes" isn't by any means appropriate and it's downright disgusting. Especially from a senior staff member that represents their site and it's offerings, he should know better.

First of all, this software was a leak, so we don't know what may happen with the official version. We still don't know 100%.

Secondly, if he was that upset about it, maybe he should've taken the adult approach and contacted Kevin for a one on one or Mobile Nations discussion, where they could voice their opinions better.

Third, that will be the first and last time I will be going over to that site - like I said, it was just plain disgusting and unprofessional. It's like he's acting angry and scared all at the same time and because of it, to me, he made himself as well as what he represents, look like what he was essentially calling us Blackberry users.
    1. Regarding the 9 userscomment, he was clearly speaking tongue in cheek. Get over it.
    2. Re: The "assholes" comment. They weren't calling BB users assholes, they were saying that if you pirate content or enable pirating of content, you're an *******. If you don't have the license/permission to distribute an app from the developer, as the companies at the links they posted often don't, you're pirating. That's what they were saying, whether you're talking Android Apps, iOS aps, BB apps, music, videos and so on it's hard to disagree with that.
    11-25-13 02:16 PM
    1. Regarding the 9 userscomment, he was clearly speaking tongue in cheek. Get over it.
    2. Re: The "assholes" comment. They weren't calling BB users assholes, they were saying that if you pirate content or enable pirating of content, you're an *******. If you don't have the license/permission to distribute an app from the developer, as the companies at the links they posted often don't, you're pirating. That's what they were saying, whether you're talking Android Apps, iOS aps, BB apps, music, videos and so on it's hard to disagree with that.
    Sorry, but that podcast was about as low class as you can get. Far from being what I expect to see from a MN site. If we're going to be a "Mobile Nation" then that podcast was hardly fitting was it? It was pathetic and filled with hate. Jerry is a hater. Next roundtable MN discussion video will be viewed rather differently by many methinks.
    So... You get over it.
    It's unnecessary and unacceptable behaviour.
    needforbbx and Vorkosigan like this.
    11-25-13 02:28 PM
    Thanks, OP. That comment section was entertaining to say the least.

I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of users that visit any of the MN sites would engage in piracy just the same if the option presented itself, so I find it comical that people are up in arms to this degree on the topic. Oh well, guess I won't be up for sainthood anytime soon...

I'll take number 51 if it's not already spoken for.
    11-25-13 02:50 PM
    The funny thing I don't entirely grasp is they make it a point to say that the app store sideloads like 1Mobile and Droid Store and even Amazon App Store only give us direct apk download access for FREE apps. They then go on to say that developers of said free apps should take arms with legal action. If it's provided free at no charge on the regular Play Store, redirected to another third party store capable of scouring the Play Store or not, how does legal action benefit the developer? Just because it isn't for the intended platform? You're really not taking anything away from the developer, just giving another avenue of users to use your app where they don't have access to it natively.

Confused by how their argument makes sense...
    Yes, what are their damages?
    11-25-13 02:51 PM
    Anyone that uses the word "anyhoo", especially in a written article, shouldn't be taken seriously.
    yeah,,, i thought that comment was almost as stupid as the rest of the aritcle, (if you can call it one)...
    11-25-13 03:25 PM
    Message to the 9 BlackBerry users-125rmex.gif

If y'all (yes, I used that) would read the OP, this is supposed to be lighthearted. There are a couple thread you can dive into, should you want to express your views on the issue.

Now, back to the numbers game. Moving this off topic, and praying those below choose wisely how they participate.
    Superfly_FR, kbz1960 and ealvnv like this.
    11-25-13 04:17 PM
    Hey, if I dance fast enough can I be all 9?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-25-13 04:46 PM
    I'm 69
    11-25-13 04:47 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	125rmex.gif 
Views:	275 
Size:	229.7 KB 
ID:	224221

If y'all (yes, I used that) would read the OP, this is supposed to be lighthearted. There are a couple thread you can dive into, should you want to express your views on the issue.

Now, back to the numbers game. Moving this off topic, and praying those below choose wisely how they participate.
    I like your cop there
    11-25-13 04:48 PM
    I'm 69
    Son of a...I was thinking it, I just couldn't pull the trigger. Well played.
    11-25-13 05:50 PM
    Hey, if I dance fast enough can I be all 9?

Posted via CB10
    This reminds me of that old saying with the broom... Are you offering to sweep up, too?
    Anilu7 and kbz1960 like this.
    11-25-13 06:49 PM
    #157 863 553 of 9
    You took my number!

Guess I'll be #157 863 554 of 9

Posted via CB10
    sam81 likes this.
    11-25-13 06:57 PM
    Imma be 999 999 999.
    dalight13, sam81 and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-25-13 07:08 PM
    Bullies need to be kept in line.
    Nobody should be able to refer to or imply Nazi content and get away with it.
    More like a bunch of crybabies who love to bash other platforms but can't stand it when someone bashes theirs.
    11-25-13 07:14 PM
    I'll take 999 999 998

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 07:17 PM
    Oh...and for them to say its "not the same" or "different" when they provide hacks is twisted nonsense...also, Google ToS state "available for all devices"...I do believe my Z is a device.

Posted via CB10
    dalight13 likes this.
    11-25-13 07:20 PM
    I'll take 555,555. I like 5's. I don't like googles.

Posted via CB10
    sam81 likes this.
    11-25-13 07:29 PM
    I'll take 10.2. something. Now if I could only get THAT number on my Z I'd be set
    dalight13 likes this.
    11-25-13 08:38 PM
    Imma be 999 999 999.
    I will add 1 cause your a million any time.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    kbz1960 and sam81 like this.
    11-25-13 10:06 PM
    I have a confession : I am a BlackBerry lover and I am a pirate... wait... that sounds so cool!

Always want to be a pirate since childhood.

And, I take number pi, i.e 3.1428571428571...... till infinity and beyond

Posted from Z10STL100-1 by a firster... twice.
    sam81 likes this.
    11-25-13 10:44 PM
    Arrrrrrrr!!!

Message to the 9 BlackBerry users-skull_pirate_with_sword_and_hook_by_al_rio_case-r045b182fc8f3470ca0ea6d7a9e990f72_a460g_8byvr_51.jpg

Message to the 9 BlackBerry users-captainjacksparrowwallpaper.jpg
    kbz1960, grover5 and sam81 like this.
    11-26-13 10:29 AM
72 123