Interesting that the Blackberry logo wasn't on the gear when the video was filmed. I have checked the site and Blackberry is all over for Jerez testing!!!!

Very interested to know how much this sponsorship cost as Formula 1 is the worlds most expensive sport.

Formula 1� - The Official F1� Website
    I noticed that too...I'm sure it was just filmed earlier is all.
    02-04-13 07:23 PM
    I noticed that too...I'm sure it was just filmed earlier is all.
    Boulben scooping this at the last second it seems like!!!!!
    02-04-13 07:25 PM
    Well I hope the Mercedes team is not "sponsored" by BB as that would be really expensive, ha, ha.
    02-04-13 07:56 PM
    Won't buy another Mercedes ever again. Mine has been in the shop more times in last 3 years than the last 2 cars combined in their lifetimes. Can't wait to get rid of it.
    I hear you. Those pesky German cars. Every brand. I work on them all day.
    BThunderW likes this.
    02-04-13 09:39 PM
    I hear you. Those pesky German cars. Every brand. I work on them all day.
    Its no Ford. Its a Mercedes-Benz.
    02-04-13 09:42 PM
    Attachment 133885

That will of cost alot of money.
    woah... Petronas is from Malaysia... and 'reimagining energy' is not their motto..
    but it's a woah moment for me when our local petroleum company using the motto similar to blackberry re-designed, re-engineered, re-invented.
    cool... a petroleum company noticing blackberry and use similar motto for f1.

edited: ok.. reimagining energy is their new motto.. similar to blackberry. heck, they could combine their motto and spread it across the car
    Last edited by jafrul; 02-04-13 at 11:52 PM.
    02-04-13 11:42 PM
    Will Mercedes implement QNX / BB10 or is BlackBerry sponsoring their F1 car?
    LOL! No....usually these deals mean they put BB sticker on the car, and a patch on they guys arm, right next to a Mcdonalds, Rolex, and Intel patch! ;-) I always think it pretty gauche, but the idea is: anything to get the brand some airtime.
    02-05-13 03:45 AM
    i have been looking for a team to root for ever since Shumi left Ferrari, and was losing interest in F1, but Mercedes is starting to look real good
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-05-13 05:28 AM
    i have been looking for a team to root for ever since Shumi left Ferrari, and was losing interest in F1, but Mercedes is starting to look real good
    lol... me too.... red bull been so much winning i got bored. i've been rooting for lotus too, but i guess supporting Mercedes would be much more realistic especially they have experience in building good racer and driver.
    now, I'd be even thrilled to see two of my favourire brand on podium. Petronas and Blackberry.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    BBMak likes this.
    02-05-13 05:55 AM
    Expect a technology transfer too. Years ago at TAG McLaren F1, their digital/electronics guy worked his magic on the car, once winning races - not much to do, said to boss " I've always wanted to build the worlds best audiophile preamp" Boss said OK, he did, it was - and today Tag McLaren Audio builds the best: (they just got bought out by IAG)
    Tag Mclaren Audio
    Hopefully we'll see some super high tech collaberation between Merc and BB - not just advertising.
    02-05-13 08:37 AM
    You are here: Home / car IT / Blackberry is new partner for Mercedes F1
    Blackberry is new partner for Mercedes F1
    February 5, 2013

Nico Rosberg pilots a Mercedes “Silver Arrow” that features the BlackBerry logo(Photo: Mercedes)
    Blackberry is the new mobile computing partner for the Mercedes Formula 1 team.

As the official partner for the Mercedes AMG Petronas team, the Canadian mobile phone group will work closely with the Formula 1 team on technical and market opportunities. The new BlackBerry 10 platform will deliver tools and services and the two companies will jointly develop apps to improve fan engagement. Team members will also get BlackBerry smartphones.

“We are looking forward to embracing the new BlackBerry 10 platform at both a technical and operational level,” said Mercedes team manager Ross Brawn. He said his staff will cooperate with BlackBerry to bring new mobile innovation to the Formula 1 team.

BlackBerry is now the official name of Research in Motion, the Canadian mobile phone group that popularized the BlackBerry smartphone for business use in the 1990s. The group has been struggling in recent years as competitors such as Apple and Samsung started targeting the business smartphone market more aggressively
    02-06-13 08:50 AM
    UPDATE: Rosberg (Mercedes F1) tops time sheets in final testing.
    zyben, Shanerredflag and Korepab like this.
    03-07-13 12:24 PM
    They topped quite a few sessions last year too...
    03-07-13 03:05 PM
    worried..honda engines???
    03-07-13 04:04 PM
    Won't buy another Mercedes ever again. Mine has been in the shop more times in last 3 years than the last 2 cars combined in their lifetimes. Can't wait to get rid of it.
    I know a Mercedes guy that left hem for Lexus. He pretty much laughs that a Mercedes is a Lexus with a $20K emblem on the hood.

He's never going back.
    03-07-13 04:33 PM

And here he is:

Mercedes : New car and BlackBerry is their new partner !-f1.jpg
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-07-13 05:16 PM
    I know a Mercedes guy that left hem for Lexus. He pretty much laughs that a Mercedes is a Lexus with a $20K emblem on the hood.

He's never going back.
    Actually, a Lexus is a Toyota with standard leather.
    annon91221 and gjohnsto like this.
    03-07-13 07:50 PM
    worried..honda engines???
    Reportedly going to McLaren, not Mercedes team.
    03-07-13 08:10 PM
    Mecedese power It is

Formula 1� - The Official F1� Website

Wait till next year...1.6L six cylinder pumping 750 horse....wow
    03-07-13 09:14 PM
    how is that possible honda holds the record for hp per litters 240hp out of 1.9L engine s2000 N/A

hmmm ?????
    03-07-13 09:59 PM
    how is that possible honda holds the record for hp per litters 240hp out of 1.9L engine s2000 N/A

hmmm ?????
    I don't know that but the 1.5L V6 Honda turbo Formula 1 engines of the 80's produced 1500 bhp easily.
    03-08-13 10:44 AM

hmmm ?????
    Nope...

Mercedes reveals 2014 Formula 1 engine - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
    03-08-13 11:18 AM

hmmm ?????
    It's a 2.0L engine. The newer ones are 2.2L with the same output but more torque. I love mine!

But the Mercedes is looking strong. Add to it that they have Lewis Hamilton on board. Also, don't forget Jenson Button got a championship when they were Brawn F1 after the transition from Honda. But there are too many other variables involved to assume Mercedes is the fastest after testing. We'll see when the season starts.

Also, check out my app F1 Connect 2013 for the Z10. I'd love to get some input from some of you.
    BlackBerry World - F1 Connect 2013

Sorry for the shameless plug.
    03-08-13 11:55 AM
    Got it...nice but your driver profiles still shows Hamilton as driving for McLaren.

Well thought out and I really like that you placed Reader in the tool bar for web site links...awesome and my eyes thank you!

We'll done.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 03-08-13 at 02:52 PM.
    03-08-13 02:04 PM
    In a week the f 1 season starts up again. I can't wait and I am hopeful the Mercedes can take the poll.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 01:17 PM
197 12345 ...