Uh. You could always shoot the guy in the face with some pepper spray. He's acting in a violent manner, therefore you'd be justified doing that.

If you carry a gun especially pepper spray is a wise choice for those bad situations that aren't quite bad enough to use the gun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 07:07 PM
    Just remember, half of police shooting deaths, the cop was murdered with his own gun...

10-02-08 08:04 PM
    The police are under different requirements than the rest of us when it comes to most situations.

Not mention the police carry their guns right out in plain sight. Nobody knows if I even have one for them to even try to grab. Much harder to get it taken away that way.

I'm just saying even if you are one of the many people who carry a firearm, it shouldn't be the only tool availible for solving problems. Heck, anything can be a weapon. Bash the guy in the head with a fire extinguisher if that is the only thing you can find or discharge it to the guys face. There is always *something* you can do.

Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-02-08 at 08:16 PM.
    10-02-08 08:10 PM
    You pretty dang confident
    A. I wouldn't see the gun
    B. I wouldn't be able to get it away from you

Trust me on this, if you have a gun and I'm within ten feet of you, I can get it from you.
    You also must remember, a little 9 mm bullet won't stop a grown man...just some things to think about.

I will see if I can find the book for the class we took on how to disarm someone, and successfully keep your weapon in a scuffle.

10-02-08 08:13 PM
    The man that taught us the class was on the military channel a while back...I believe during special forces week, ranger episode...

10-02-08 08:18 PM
    I'm pretty confident that if you're busy attacking someone else that I will be able to deploy pepper spray or a weapon, since you're concentrating on that other person.

I'm pretty confident that at close range my gun will remain holstered and the spray or a knife would be deployed instead.

10-02-08 08:20 PM
    So will someone please explain to me why this thread turned into a my-package-is-bigger-than-your-package debate here? Its this sort of attitude that prompts just such behavior.

10-02-08 08:25 PM
    Ok man, we will meet up sometime and you can have your knife and spray...your going to have to let me know how the spray feels when its in your eyes...

10-02-08 08:25 PM
    Nothing less than a 45 son!! If I hit ya, your gonna go down. I'm a great shot! I laugh at the fact that you think that you'd be able to disarm someone. I don't know if your comments are directed towards me, but I'm just saying. Just cause you think you can disarm someone doesn't mean that you can actually do it! Are you some type of kung-fu master? Just cause you took a class means nothing!!
    I don't want to get into a big heated debate on this topic, cause it takes away from what this thread is actually about! So I'm leaving it at that.

10-02-08 08:29 PM
    I just want to apologize to the moderators for starting the discussion of weapons when it had nothing to do with this thread!

10-02-08 08:37 PM
    I agree, and am sorry for talking about weapons, tactics, and preparedness so you have a chance at defending yourself shoild something similar should happen to you.

Just so everyone knows, I avoid confrontations to the greatest extent possible, but strongly believe everyone should be prepared incase a confrontation becomes inevitable.

I guess that's all I have to say on the matter besides how disgusting it is that nobody will step in to help a defenseless stranger.

10-02-08 08:43 PM
    Bro, I took years of cqb classes when I went through recon...I didn't do rex kwon do...

10-02-08 09:08 PM
    Bro, I took years of cqb classes when I went through recon...I didn't do rex kwon do...

Did you not see the above posts? Give it up, manly man!! Sheesh.

10-02-08 09:11 PM
    Don't listen to them, I'm enjoying the pissing contest

10-02-08 09:13 PM
    Don't listen to them, I'm enjoying the pissing contest
    Mark Twain once wrote that arguing with an ***** is like wrestling a pig in mud, you both wind up dirty and before too long you realize the pig is the only one enjoying himself.
    10-03-08 09:08 AM
    The sad part is with all those people standing around no one help out it took his son to pull him away.
    10-03-08 12:34 PM
    I garuntee you, that If anyone would have stepped in and taken physical actions- they'd be facing a nice sized law suit.

Now a days anyone can file suit.

Someones choking?

Don't do CPR- god forbid you bruise their ribs instead of letting them die.

You'll get sued for causing them pain.

OH, A Burglar breaks into your house and trips on a roller skate?

He Broke a Leg?

Hope you have a good Homeowners Policy, because you better believe your getting sued.

I'm sorry to say this, But I would have stood by while this was going on-

It's easy to say, "Oh, I would definitely step in and act"

But when you watch this video, you know whats going to happen.

But If I'm at a McDonalds, I'm not expecting that to happen, Im expecting a Big Mac-

I'd probably be to shocked, and by the time it's done and over with, he'd be gone most likely.

That video is only like 30 seconds long. By the Time you realize what happened its done and over with.

Let's be Realistic.

And I agree- That the Prison System is indeed Broken.

It incites a never ending cycle of dependency.

You can't even get a job at the mall once you have a criminal record.

When you get out of jail, most likely your financial situation is poor, and you don't have a place to live.

All you can do is try and survive- and usually that leads to crime again.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 10-03-08 at 01:13 PM.
    10-03-08 01:10 PM
    For once prada and I see eye to eye on something...

10-03-08 01:19 PM
    You should be scared to go there for health reasons
    10-03-08 01:20 PM
    For once prada and I see eye to eye on something...

I just find it ridiculous that people can sue over ANYTHING and EVERYTHING now a days.

We had a local guy get into an accident while drunk, and he sued the Bar Owner, and EVEN the Liquor Company.

Crazy.
    10-03-08 01:27 PM
    Well, according to the way our laws are structured, even the bartender/ server can get sued if a patron is in an accident caused by over consumption...it is absurd

10-03-08 01:31 PM
    I just find it ridiculous that people can sue over ANYTHING and EVERYTHING now a days.
    I completely agree. What's really missing from this country anymore is a sense of personal responsibility. We've gotten so accustomed to not being held accountable for our actions from the time we are small children that we expect that same standard as adults. If more people worked on their own sense of personal accountibility for what they do and say, the better off this country will be.
    Refer to our society is going downhill, these are the things I was talking about

Well, according to the way our laws are structured, even the bartender/ server can get sued if a patron is in an accident caused by over consumption...it is absurd
    Vinny... I hear choirs of angels singing...
    We've found something we agree on!
    Refer to our society is going downhill, these are the things I was talking about
    I agree. HOWEVER, it is the way in which you are presenting your arguments and the means with which you wish to see them implemented that pose a problem for me, both morally and intellectually.
    10-03-08 01:33 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD