A guy cuts in line in front of a guy and gets mad that she says something to him? geez whats the world coming to? I'm scared to go there now things people do these days...
    here's the link (if ya wanna read it )
    Man beats teen in McDonald's dispute - Crime & courts - MSNBC.com
    10-01-08 03:06 AM
    Too bad nobody in the store put a beatdown on that guy. Completely unacceptable behavior.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 03:32 AM
    Thats what I thought! Scares me to death that there are people who get that mad that they beat a young girl because they are mad or whatever. Now I see why my dad and bf make me carry pepper spray in my purse!
    10-01-08 03:36 AM
    Come on are you serious. You are right. What is this world coming too. People can care less about your age. This story is sick.

10-01-08 08:25 AM
    A guy cuts in line in front of a guy and gets mad that she says something to him? geez whats the world coming to? I'm scared to go there now things people do these days...
    here's the link (if ya wanna read it )
    Man beats teen in McDonald's dispute - Crime & courts - MSNBC.com
    When I read the subject line, I thought there was some kind of dispute between McDonald's and an Indian religion!
    10-01-08 11:13 AM
    i want a big mac but i think ill go through the drive through
    10-01-08 11:40 AM
    Mcdonalds is serious business
    10-01-08 11:44 AM
    Wow, he caught her with an open fist. It was a pretty clean shot.

10-01-08 11:48 AM
    Even if the assailant didn't strike the victim with a open-hand; it doesn't matter...1.) the intent to harm is there 2.) the act of battery was carried out with the intent in mind...whether with one finger or all five.

Aside from physiological issues; there are of course many extraneous variables for not only the level of violence in such brash conduct; but the increase in occurence of such episodes.

It's a strong belief of mine that society and our judicial system have not been as effective in using the punishment of criminal acts as an example of the consequences if one decides to break the law. Being sent to jail/prison nowadays is the equivalent of a free-ticket to a multitude of things (receiving three square meals, the opportunity to exercise and watch television, etc.). What does it say when many law-abiding citizens don't enjoy such luxury as a free person.

The point is that when citizens act on potentials for vice; many of them know that the consequence of doing so may land them either a stint of serving a sentence; only to be let out again...this isn't enough of a deterrence for the citizen not to act on the potential of vice.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 10-01-08 at 01:07 PM.
    10-01-08 01:05 PM
    There are certain aspects of this story that scares the crap out of me. But what I'm most adsif of us the fact that no one came to her aide. Run after him get a license plate number or somet. He had his kids with him. What is wrong with the world to day.

10-02-08 07:46 AM
    Thats so rediculous for that to even happen... but i have to admit that watching it a couple more times I snickered about it.

Still the circumstance and the fact that it actually happened is astonishing.
    10-02-08 07:49 AM
    If I were at mcdonalds and some huge dude that looked angry cut in front of me I would just wait...she thought since she was a woman she could mouth off...I'm not justifying what he did, but it seems like women only want equal rights when it benefits them...

10-02-08 10:07 AM
    but it seems like women only want equal rights when it benefits them...
    Spoken like a true mysoginistic conservative. Nice. You want your woman barefoot, pregnant, doing the dishes and putting a nice supper on the table for you when you get home from work too?
    10-02-08 12:55 PM
    you know what happens when you assume...

I never said any of that, but I appreciate you making me into a stereotype!!!
    10-02-08 12:57 PM
    I did find this picture pretty funny though...

10-02-08 01:01 PM
    Even if the assailant didn't strike the victim with a open-hand; it doesn't matter...1.) the intent to harm is there 2.) the act of battery was carried out with the intent in mind...whether with one finger or all five.

Aside from physiological issues; there are of course many extraneous variables for not only the level of violence in such brash conduct; but the increase in occurence of such episodes.

It's a strong belief of mine that society and our judicial system have not been as effective in using the punishment of criminal acts as an example of the consequences if one decides to break the law. Being sent to jail/prison nowadays is the equivalent of a free-ticket to a multitude of things (receiving three square meals, the opportunity to exercise and watch television, etc.). What does it say when many law-abiding citizens don't enjoy such luxury as a free person.

The point is that when citizens act on potentials for vice; many of them know that the consequence of doing so may land them either a stint of serving a sentence; only to be let out again...this isn't enough of a deterrence for the citizen not to act on the potential of vice.
    This dude has serious issues.

Hi-Def, I agree with some of what you said however it seemed to be very generalized. There are simply evil people in jail, there are people in jail due to dependency or mental issues and there are innocent people in jail. Jail is a punishment and not a deterrent. I firmly believe you do the crime you pay the time. However, the prison system is not set up to help criminals re-enter society and become productive members of said society. To be a deterrent, clearly there needs to be some kind of support, training etc set up to help people lead productive lives and longer jail sentences without this is not the solution.
    10-02-08 01:18 PM
    you know what happens when you assume...
    I never said any of that, but I appreciate you making me into a stereotype!!!
    I wasn't assuming anything, and as far as making you into a stereotype? You seem to be doing that just fine all by yourself without any help from me.
    10-02-08 01:28 PM
    I just saw the video. I'm appalled that someone would get so mad over a place in line. A grown man beating on girl? I mean come on. How pitiful of a person do you have to be to beat someone over a place in line, let alone a female. I'm glad I wasn't there, cause that person, I can't even call him a man, would not have walked out of the restaurant. And did you notice how nobody even attempted to help catch the guy, or even help the girl? What kind of a society do we live in, when no one is willing to help someone in danger.

10-02-08 01:40 PM
    Tough guy in the house...let us know exactly what you would have done

10-02-08 01:46 PM
    Tough guy in the house...let us know exactly what you would have done

Being a licensed gun carrier, I would have drew my weapon and made sure he didn't go anywhere. I carry my gun everywhere I go cause you never know what someone is gonna do. Not only that, but to protect my property, cause I do have nice things, but that's besides the point.
    Are you telling me that you would have been like everyone else in that video and done nothing?

10-02-08 02:04 PM
    I would disarm you in a second friend...plus man, are you going to shoot him in the back if he just walks away from you?

10-02-08 02:06 PM

This dude has serious issues.

Hi-Def, I agree with some of what you said however it seemed to be very generalized. There are simply evil people in jail, there are people in jail due to dependency or mental issues and there are innocent people in jail. Jail is a punishment and not a deterrent. I firmly believe you do the crime you pay the time. However, the prison system is not set up to help criminals re-enter society and become productive members of said society. To be a deterrent, clearly there needs to be some kind of support, training etc set up to help people lead productive lives and longer jail sentences without this is not the solution.
    envied, bravo on your observation; aren't you a sharp critter . Half of what you said; isn't even in question..certainly not by me. My post was meant to be just that; a general statement on the state of the penal system. Hence why I added the disclaimer in my second paragraph about physiological/other extraneous variables.

Did I state that I don't agree with the 'you do the crime, you do the time' notion? No. Did I even make mention that the system of incarceration was set up to help criminals re-enter society and become productive members of it? No. Although in some cases, productivity as a result of punishment; can be heaven-sent for some.

Aside from my post serving as broad commentary on the judicial system; you missed my point. My point wasn't directed towards this specific case of assault and battery. My point however is that I believe prison/punishment CAN definitely be used as a deterrent if instituted in an effective manner. If effective punishment was dealt; then the ramifications of carrying out an illegal act...would be a major deterrent.

Why do you think laws exist? No; not because of the cute little saying that they were made to be broken...they exist to bring structure to society; and the governance and accountabiliy of members of society. Modern-day law in the U.S. is contrived from the english common-law...which is based on biblical teachings on vice.

Compare criminal statistics of the U.S. with other nations; also compare the statistics of repeat offenders within the U.S. to those of other nations...and you'll see that our penal/judicial system is not up to par. Aside from the criminals that would have been incarcerated no matter what deterrence, training, support program is set up...the vast majority would not be behind bars right now if our laws weren't so incapicitated.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 10-02-08 at 02:24 PM.
    10-02-08 02:22 PM
    Is there a cliff notes on that post?

10-02-08 02:25 PM
    Is there a cliff notes on that post?

I don't think condensing the post would help you; in fact I don't even think adding annotations would help. The problem here isn't that you don't have time to read; because surely proof of your time spent on here taking part in a marathon-CB'posting counters that...it's the basic-comprehension of things where your problem lies.

I'd give you a dictionary; but some of these words don't have pictures to go along w/ them to help you understand; but you also have to know how to read in order for a dictionary to help.

What a paradox...vinnie_d of all people; is the one commenting on the demise of society (going downhill) as we know it.
    10-02-08 02:43 PM
    Wow, hi def, it was a joke...someone needs a hug

10-02-08 03:08 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD