• Barack Obama

20 48.78%
  • John McCain

21 51.22%
06-22-08 02:27 PM
152 ... 567
tools
    two quick notes...

Ist- referring to "powers - that - be" denotes a certain air of paranoia...

(just an observation)

2nd why not an African- American president? We've had crooks, morons, actors, peanut farmers, draft dodgers, womanizers and out and out liars... so it appears to me we are a less than picky society.
    I think you are giving voting america too much credit ...

that said ....I like Obama...mainly just because he's NOT McCain.
    And specifically these are the type of statements I'm referring to. "I like Obama...mainly just because he's NOT McCain"

now tx I dont want you to think Im bashing you but from your statement and please tell me if I'm wrong, your not voting for someone who you think has your best interest in mind but in fact you are just picking lethal injection instead of the electric chair. Essentially people would call this picking your poison. Not because McCain has the intellect of a piece of grass or Obama changes religions like people change their underwear. Why would you choose one over the other what does it matter?
    06-22-08 12:35 PM
    I wasnt going to get involved with this discussion but Graceless, give me an example of the hard questions. Because when I ask something relatively easy it seems people get flustered. So why would I ask them a hard question. One of my questions would be why do you think that Obama is a great canidate for the united states presidency? Is it because he's black?

The look of outrage I receive is incredible, and their response is usually well your not going to vote for him because he's black? Give me a break. What would your example of a hard question?

Please forgive me if you have elaborated prior, but Im on the tail end of this convo.

Hard question? Let's try a few I have been asking and not getting an answer to.

What qualifies Senator Obama to be POTUS?
    Community Organizer? What is that? How is Chicago better off after he "organized" the community.

State Senator? What is his legislative record? What were the cause he championed, and which did he fight against?

US Senator? Same question.

My point, and again, I am not an Obama basher and may very well end up voting for the man, but ask a great deal of his supporters these question they will get a "fix me Jesus" look in their eye.

This isn't American Idol. And after eight years of a president with an equally thin CV, I think people need think a bit more critically, get past the slogans, buzzwords and bumper sticker mentality, and really find out what their candidate of choice stands for.

It's not you or I that need to ask the hard questions of anyone.
    The supporter of the candidate needs to ask themselves the hard
    questions, like why am I REALLY supporting this person?
    06-22-08 02:27 PM
152 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD