41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

20 48.78%
  • John McCain

21 51.22%
06-22-08 02:27 PM
152 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Why is Obama racist? Because he's not afraid to say what most of society likes to pretend doesn't exsist anymore? Racism is very much alive. America is a racist county. Pretending its not only proves how f'd up we are! So he's racism because he's not afraid to stand up, huh? Thats a joke. And how the **** do you figure hes a terrorist? Hahaha! Thats probably the most ignorant thing I've heard in a while. A terrorist is a person who inflicts fear. What of what he says is so scary? Its not like hes drilling into our brains that every county other than the US has weapons of mass destruction. Its not like he has us fighting a was we're LOSING and lying to us about the reason we went there to begin with. You're not scared of Obama. You're scared of your own lack of knowledge, your ignorance, the truth..

Having said that, now I have to say- you SHOULD be afraid. Very very afraid. Our world is falling apart around us and people either don't know it, know it and don't care, or care but think they cant do anything about it. THE ILLUMINATI MUST BE DESTROYED. THE NEW WORLD ORDER IS IN EFFECT. "One nation under God." Have you ever REALLY thought bout what that means???......

I recommend everybody take some time to go to: ZeitgeistMovie.com. Let it load for a while so it doesn't freeze up on you halfway through. Its 2 hours long but well worth every second.
    06-11-08 08:51 PM
    MCain. I would rather have an ancient person, than a democrat. MCain is a decorated war hero, and Obama's middle name is Hussein!!! Not even kidding. He wants to meet with terrorist cell leaders, face to face. He has no clue what he is doing. I have all these opinions, and yes, I am only 15!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 09:03 PM
    Initially I was a Clinton supporter in order to protect Obama from a possible an unfortunate downfall. But the further he got in the race and the crazier Hillary and Bill started talking, the more I leaned over to Obama. But I just feel that America will put an insane amount of pressure on Obama. This is not a good time for either candidate, especially Obama because this whole change thing. When he says change, people are thinking 'change the economy', 'change the war situation', 'change the healthcare situation'...and many more. Can he really provide all that he has promised? And could it possibly be done within four years? If elected, people need to realize this change isn't going to happen over night...might not happen in 4 yrs.
    06-11-08 09:23 PM
    Very interesting this Zeitgeist Movie. Thanks Renegade.

Check out Loose Change documentary too...very interesting. My old radical 'Political Economy of Media' profesor put me on.
    06-11-08 09:27 PM
    MCain. I would rather have an ancient person, than a democrat. Obama's middle name is Hussein!!! I have all these opinions, and yes, I am only 15!!
    How can you be for something you cant even spell? Its "McCain". I mean, if you don't know how to spell the guys last name, what do you know about him? I respect everybodys opinions. I always say "opinions are like bootyholes- everbodys got one!" And once you've done your homework, you're entitled to yours. BUT I absolutely disregard "uneducated" opinions. Ignorance has no validation in my book. Choosing McCain simple because "anybodys better than a democrat" is ignorant. Every group has good people and bad people. We are human, therefore prone to corruption. Being a "democrat" or "republican" should not be a factor when deciding who your next leader is gonna be. Your decision should be based on morals, values, imperfections.. And picking your candidate based on party is prejudice. If we were talking about blacks and whites instead of democrats and republicans, you'd be considered "racist". That only adds to the point I made earlier about America being a prejudice country. Anyway, Obama's middle name doesn't mean a thing. Hussein is of Arabic origin. It means "handsome one". ITS A NAME. His parents gave it to him. He didn't chose it. But even if he had, its by NO MEANS an a genetic dysfunction or psychological disorder. It doesn't make him a bad person. Its a name. If your parents named you Tyler VaginaBreath Smith, it'd suck (lol) and people would probably think they know you because of your name but they really don't know jack, right? You are you, with or without a name, race, political party, or whatever..

But you're still young, kid. You have a looooong to go. A lot of people never get "there". "There" is where the TRUTH is. Unfortunately, the American system is designed to fail us. So most of us will never acquire the skills we need to get "there". We're not able to think critically or outside the box. We're made to be smart, to memorize. But we're not made to be educated, think for ourselves. We're made to obey, follow orders, and never question authority. Essentially, giving into our corrupt government without even noticing it. So like I said, you're still young. Hopefully, one day, you'll be one of the few to make it there.. To the truth.
    06-11-08 11:00 PM
    Obama *****...period.

06-11-08 11:02 PM
    Big ups Renegade! There's a reason they call McCain supporters McCainiacs! In a couple years he'll be suffering from dementia! But people wanna turn the country over to him? Get outa here!!! But this is what I think: now more attentions focused on him and not just Hillary and Barack. The more McCain talks the worse he's gonna look.Bringing the troops home is "not that important?"Next thing you know he's gonna call himself a "compassionate conservative." Right wing conservatives are all delusional and out of touch with the rest of the world. And he says he wants to debate Obama face-to-face? MANSLAUGHTER!!! And Repubs know it. That's like Mike Tyson fighting a newborn baby!!!

06-11-08 11:25 PM
    Very interesting this Zeitgeist Movie. Thanks Renegade.

Check out Loose Change documentary too...very interesting. My old radical 'Political Economy of Media' profesor put me on.
    Thanks for that. I'll be sure to check it out. The Zeitgeist movie is an amazing documentary. Its put together in such a way that its so easy to follow that anybody can watch it and understand it. But its also so so detailed. It gives great insight to the situation we're living in. Problem is, I've seen a lot of people turn it off after 10 or 15 minutes because they think the whole thing is about how religion is a huge lie. They don't realize thats the shortest and most insignificant part of the entire film.

******* ZeitgeistMovie.com
    WATCH IT!!!!

Another good one is America: Freedom To Facism. I think the website it FreedomToFacism.com.
    06-11-08 11:32 PM
    LooseChange is informative, something to think about. Zeitgeist seems like an anti-Christian movie.

06-12-08 02:21 AM
    ...Choosing McCain simple because "anybodys better than a democrat" is ignorant. Every group has good people and bad people. We are human, therefore prone to corruption. Being a "democrat" or "republican" should not be a factor when deciding who your next leader is gonna be. Your decision should be based on morals, values, imperfections.. And picking your candidate based on party is prejudice. If we were talking about blacks and whites instead of democrats and republicans, you'd be considered "racist"...
    If you're going to go off due to someone's spelling error, you should proof read your own rant first.

Casting a vote should absolutely take the party into consideration. After all, you are voting for the party too, not just the person. If your thoughts and ideals align more with one party than another, your candidate should probably come from that party (Bush is an exception).

You also define racism a bit too loosely. It would only be racism if you, as a white person, voted for McCain because he were white vs. Obama because he were black.
    06-12-08 04:54 AM
    ....and I thought Canadians were passionate about politics **laugh** ... as a silly Canuck from up here in the frozen wasteland of arctic tundra... ** sarcastic giggle** would anyone mind if I put my two cents into this thread? (by the way.. with current exchange rate and strength of the Canadian Dollar... 2 cents CAN is actually 2 cents US right now *grin*)

In anticipation that the consensus would be that I am welcome to post, here is my 2 cents (CAN$) worth:

As someone looking from the outside, sitting here in beautiful Vancouver, barely 10 phsyical miles from the US border, I am bombarded by news and information from the US on a daily basis. I feel that I am fairly well educated in the ways of the world, and do pay attention to what happens south of the border. Four BILLION dollars A DAY in trade goes back and forth across the Canada/US border... so to think that Canadians don't have a vested interest in who the next President of the United States will be is certainly an understatement. To that end, I (if I had the opportunity, which I don't, so maybe its moot) would vote for Obama.

Why? Several reasons. First, after following the primaries, and all of the information at my disposal so far, I find that Obama is so closely similar in style, attitude, policy position, and mind-set to perhaps the greatest Canadian Prime Minister ever... Pierre Elliott Trudeau. (for those of you who want to know about Trudeau.. Wikipedia has a GREAT article!) Second, from a more personal perspective, I am as liberal as liberal can get, and on that side alone would have to choose Obama. Lastly, I think its time for a change in the US. Its time for something new, different, maybe even radical. My humble opinion is that the American Presidency needs a new face...

Of course, in order to share these views, you may need to be Canadian LOL ... and I certainly agree that I may not have the same perspective as anyone from the US posting here. As I said, this is only my opinion and I, like anyone else, can have a wrong opinion depending on where everyone stands! I hold strong opinions about Iraq (that I am not going to post here LOL), strong opinions about US foreign policy in general, and strong opinions on the electoral system in the US.

That's what makes this all so fascinating isn't it? The fact that we at least ALL (Canadians and Americans alike) live in countries where we CAN have different opinions, and talk about them openly, with respect... and guess what? In modern politics no matter what system.. democracy (and all of its types), dictatorship (and all of its types), monarchy (and all of its types), there is NO RIGHT ANSWER for everyone. We're human... we are all unique and the synapses are all going to fire differently for each and every one of us

Oh well.. that was probably about 5 cents worth... sorry!!! (its WAY early in the morning and I have been at work for 12 hours LOL)

In the end... Obama for President... and Clinton as his running mate for VP. If I had the choice :-D

Ciao!
    06-12-08 06:58 AM
    Big ups Renegade!

I think the BEST thing that can happen is a face-to-face debate between McCain and Obama. Obama will rip him apart.
    06-12-08 08:40 AM
    Zeitgeist seems like an anti-Christian movie.
    A lot of people I have recommended the video to think the same thing when they 1st start watching. Some even turn it off. Thats what I was telling pristinachristina.. But its not anti-Christian at all. It breaks general religion down (not just Christianity). And thats only for the 1st 20 minutes or so. The documentary is 2 hours long. After it moves past religion, it goes into great detail to what REALLY happened on 9-11, the CIA's involvement with the assassinations of strong leaders like Malcom X, MLK Jr, JFK, the new world order, the Federal Reserve... Its packed with information and put together very well. Zeitgeist is made up of 3 parts. Religion is the least significant of the 3. If you haven't watched the whole thing, I really really recommend it.
    06-12-08 09:16 AM
    MCain. I would rather have an ancient person, than a democrat. MCain is a decorated war hero, and Obama's middle name is Hussein!!! Not even kidding. He wants to meet with terrorist cell leaders, face to face. He has no clue what he is doing. I have all these opinions, and yes, I am only 15!!
    You need to grow up, and stop buying into whatever right wing BS has been fed to you.

1) The fact that Senator McCain (note the correct spelling) is a decorated war hero, while laudable and deserving the respect of every American has no bearing on his ability to lead the nation.

2) Yes Senator Obama's middle is Hussein, what is your point. If we were at war with Australia would you be this critical of Senator John Sidney McCain.

3) Not once has Senator Obama stated or even intimated that he would meet with terror cell leaders. Where you got that I have know idea. The fact that you believe it shows a frightening level of ignorance.

All I can say is thank the Lord you are not yet eligible to vote. I would hate to think of someone so happily misinformed being involved in this decision we as a nation have to make.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-12-08 at 09:58 AM.
    06-12-08 09:53 AM
    Casting a vote should absolutely take the party into consideration. After all, you are voting for the party too, not just the person. If your thoughts and ideals align more with one party than another, your candidate should probably come from that party.
    True, if your ideals are more connected with one party, you're candidate will probably be of that party. And thats fine. BUT, if the only reason you're voting for the republican candidate is because "anybodys better than a democrat", I think you can agree thats not wise. By those standards, Bush is placed above all "democrats" and I think its fair to say he's one of the worst presidents this country has ever seen. Im sure people who voted for him simply because hes s republican, realize that was a huge mistake. So thats all I was saying- you really have to be informed when making decisions like that. You CANT vote based on party. People have their own thoughts and ideas. In the end, you're voting for one person to run our country. You're giving that person power. Power can be a dangerous thing. And no matter what party that person belongs to, power in the wrong hands can be deadly.. Bush is a perfect example of that.

You also define racism a bit too loosely.
    I have to disagree. Racism is the intolerance or hatred of other races. I, by no means, accused anybody of being racist. I don't believe any of our fellow posters have met that criteria. I was simply making an example. It ties back to what I was saying earlier about not casting a vote solely based on party affiliation. Judging a presidential candidate because of their party, rather than their stance on real life issues is as shallow as judging somebody because of the color of their skin. What really makes a person is what you cant see by looking at them.
    Last edited by renegade; 06-12-08 at 11:17 AM.
    06-12-08 11:13 AM
    I want BUSH to stick around let's see what happens when he pushes that "big shiny red button".
    06-12-08 01:01 PM
    You need to grow up, and stop buying into whatever right wing BS has been fed to you.

1) The fact that Senator McCain (note the correct spelling) is a decorated war hero, while laudable and deserving the respect of every American has no bearing on his ability to lead the nation.

2) Yes Senator Obama's middle is Hussein, what is your point. If we were at war with Australia would you be this critical of Senator John Sidney McCain.

3) Not once has Senator Obama stated or even intimated that he would meet with terror cell leaders. Where you got that I have know idea. The fact that you believe it shows a frightening level of ignorance.

All I can say is thank the Lord you are not yet eligible to vote. I would hate to think of someone so happily misinformed being involved in this decision we as a nation have to make.
    Amen! I couldn't said it better myself! You know what the problem is?.. Its like a said before, this system is designed to fail us. We are never taught or shown how to think outside the box. We listen, we don't think. We unconditionally follow orders, without ever asking a question. We are bred to obey. If you don't follow, you're punished. The news is the most common "source of information". Its who everybody turns to to keep up with whats goin on in the world. People believe EVERYTHING they hear. The news is the most bias and misleading source! We have an incompetent government. The system is broken. And its gonna stay thag way until *we* do somethin about it.
    06-12-08 01:31 PM
    Ya, I was making all those opinions by myself. Not being fed any bull **** from my parents the media, or anything. Obama has no clue what he is doing , and he is going to screw the majority of our nation.

06-12-08 01:35 PM
    I personally don't like neither of them either way we are f*kd.

06-12-08 01:42 PM

It's great that you're 15 and you have a interest in politics, however you should not base your decision on who you would like to lead our country based on a person's middle name and what a person allegedly did or did not do. Before you come to a conclusion as to who would be a better fit, it is apparent that you need to do a lot of research to discover the truth. It would help that you do that so the next time you start voicing your opinion and get involved in a discussion or a debate, you can throw out facts rather that a bunch of BS.

BTW Obama has my vote
    06-12-08 07:16 PM
    The fact that most of you think that I am basing my descison one canidates middle name is BS. Obama has no stand on anything. He has voted present on everything!! Watch the following videos. And I did not base my opinions on these! They only back them up!!!

Eyeblast.tv - A Video Portrait Of Barack Hussein Obama

[MODERATOR EDIT] Watch the language

Last edited by Trevor; 06-15-08 at 03:49 PM.
    06-12-08 07:59 PM
    The fact that most of you think that I am basing my descison one canidates middle name is BS. Obama has no stand on anything. He has voted present on everything!! Watch the following videos. And I did not base my opinions on these! They only back them up!!!...
    It's a shame you're brainwashed...and at such a young age too. Stop watching that crap before it gets you in real trouble.
    06-12-08 08:13 PM
    Ya, I am definitley brainwashed. That is total BS. I saw those videos yesterday. I have always wanted McCain over Obama. How many of you own your own buisnesses? You will all be screwed if he becomes President.

06-12-08 08:16 PM
    This is the rundown on the narrator of your first video. Nuff said

Christian Soldier Is Behind the Obama Smear Video | Threat Level from Wired.com

If you can't see the obvious bias and abject stupidity of that video, then I must submit you are truly not worth debating.

The second video does not load but if it's more of the same, my aforementioned assessment of your not being worth the time stands.

Kid and I say this with the utmost respect. Stand up and let your brain get some air. (Translation, get your head out of your ***)

You have no idea what you are talking about and simply parroting Conservative talking points and BS that people use to prove their point to the weak minded, intellectually dishonest, masses that populate our nation. That fact that they got to you so young is just plain sad.

And your "he is an *******" comment, simply brilliant. If that is the level of your intellect, you'd be best to bow out of this discussion now, because you are so out of your league.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-12-08 at 08:21 PM.
    06-12-08 08:18 PM
    Ok, so all you who are going crazy, on me, are doing the same thing I am doing. We all have our opinions.

06-12-08 08:22 PM
152 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD