View Poll Results: Who?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

20 48.78%
  • John McCain

21 51.22%
    You are doing a good job of plugging the sump-hole amazinglygraceless...
    06-19-08 02:40 PM
    There's a bunch of idiots roamin this earth.
    Rock with Barack
    06-19-08 02:51 PM
    You are doing a good job of plugging the sump-hole amazinglygraceless...
    I appreciate good and well reasoned political debate, and
    want to see this thread stay open. We start responding
    to those sorts of things and it won't. And that'd be a shame.

Just keepin' 'em honest
    06-19-08 03:00 PM
    I can't even fathom McCain at the helm...I think some fresh eyes could be a good thing...it's really just a wait and see game at this point but I'm putting my vote on Obama
    06-19-08 03:11 PM
    Obama ! wooo
    06-19-08 07:03 PM
    Wow, a bunch of kool aid sipping obamite liberals. Obama sucks big time and if elected will run this country into the ground. Is Obama a Muslim? Is he a Christian? Nobody is 100% sure, but it is true that Obama's father was a Muslim and at one time Obama attended an Islamic school. He currently claims to be a convert to Christianity, but some are concerned about his Muslim upbringing.I don�t know for sure if he is muslim but I do know that he is anti-American and so are all of his supporters and all the Bush hating anti-war on terrorism Democtratic-Liberals. His 20 year affiliation with Rev. Wrong�s racial spewing is enough to convince me of that, not to mention his wife�s statements and his refusal to honor our flag.

I am one of those rural Americans that he and his liberal, educated, brain-dead followers consider a bitter, gun toting, bible-thumping redneck. We were raised with guns and religion, it is our culture and I do not believe that it was a misstatement on his part. He actually believes that we need to be saved from our �bitternes� by the likes of him. I am bitter that other Americans have actually placed him in a position that (God help us all) might put him in the White House.

He advocates �Change� but does not offer real solutions. He would socialize health care but at what expense, higher taxes, higher indebtedness to the Chinese? I for one do not want the government in charge of my healthcare. He would negotiate with terrorists, give me a break, they don�t want to talk they want to kill us. He would pull out of Iraq immediately, if you think gasoline is high now just wait until the regional instability that our early withdrawal will create. He would place leftist judges on the federal bench that will re-interpret the constitution, legislate from the bench and degrade liberty as we now know it, maybe that is the �change� that he proposes.

I have heard people liken him to JFK because of his charisma. JFK was a war hero and a patriot, Obama shirked military service opting for a Harvard education and a pampered, sugar coated life of ease. There is no comparison between the two!

I have found that there is no way to change an Obamite�s mind, they will defend his �change and Hope� stupidity to the end. Hillary Democrats, Independents and digruntled Republicans please see this anti-American **** for what he is and vote John McCain in the general election. If elected Obama will only screw this country up worse than it is now.
    06-19-08 08:47 PM
    Ya, Blackngray!! Hey take a look at the poll!! Some people have brains!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 08:50 PM
    Ya, Blackngray!! Hey take a look at the poll!! Some people have brains!

Yeah, I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread!
    06-19-08 08:59 PM

I have heard people liken him to JFK because of his charisma. JFK was a war hero and a patriot, Obama shirked military service opting for a Harvard education and a pampered, sugar coated life of ease. There is no comparison between the two!
    And neither did the following. Are you saying none of them should have been elected or appointed to their offices. How many do you support. Lord, this is just too easy.

#Rush Limbaugh, did not serve (4-F with a 'pilonidal cyst'
    #Sean Hannity, did not serve.
    #Antonin Scalia, did not serve
    #Clarence Thomas, did not serve
    #Charlie Daniels, did not serve
    #Ted Nugent, did not serve

# Vice President Richard Cheney - did not serve - 5 deferments
    # Representative Patrick McHenry, R-NC - did not serve. Saw fit to endanger American troops' lives after a visit to Iraq by violating operational security and helping militias target their mortar attacks on the Green Zone.

# Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-KY - did not serve (1)

# Senate Assistant Minority Leader Trent Lott, R-MI - avoided the draft, did not serve.

# Senate Republican Conference Chairman Jon Kyl, R-AZ - did not serve.

# Senate Republican Conference Vice Chair John Cornyn, R-TX - did not serve.

# National Republican Senatorial Committee Chair John Ensign, R-NV - did not serve.

# House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-OH - did not serve.

# House Minority Whip Roy Blunt, R-MO - did not serve.

# House Republican Conerence Chair Adam Putnam, R-FL - did not serve.

# House Republican Policy Committee Thaddeus McCotter, R-MI - did not serve.

# National Republican Congressional Committee Chair Tom Cole, R-OK - did not serve.

# Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani - did not serve.

# Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney - did not serve in the military but did serve the Mormon Church on a 30-month mission to France.

# Former Senator Fred Thompson - did not serve.

# Former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert - avoided the draft, did not serve.

# Former House Majority Leader **** Armey - avoided the draft, did not serve.

# Former House Majority Leader Tom Delay - avoided the draft, did not serve (1). "So many minority youths had volunteered ... that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like himself."

# Former House Majority Whip Roy Blunt - did not serve

# Former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist - did not serve. (An impressive medical resume, but not such a friend to cats in Boston.)

# Rick Santorum, R-PA, formerly third ranking Republican in the Senate - did not serve.

# George Felix Allen, former Republican Senator from Virginia - a supporter of Nixon and the Vietnam war, did not serve. (1)
    06-19-08 09:10 PM
    Tyler I'm sure whatever comment you made "rose" to it's normal level of brilliance, but since you live in my ignore list ...
    06-19-08 09:14 PM
    Uhhhh, I don't get it. Just kidding. Think what you want. We have our opinions.

06-19-08 09:16 PM
    OBAMA - BABY!!

all that negativity just makes him even more fabulous!!
    06-20-08 04:08 AM
    Whoever it is...let's get a hold on gas prices...or employer wage increases or somethin!

06-21-08 08:49 PM
    Wow, a bunch of kool aid sipping obamite liberals. Obama sucks big time and if elected will run this country into the ground. Is Obama a Muslim? Is he a Christian? Nobody is 100% sure, but it is true that Obama's father was a Muslim and at one time Obama attended an Islamic school. He currently claims to be a convert to Christianity, but some are concerned about his Muslim upbringing.I don’t know for sure if he is muslim but I do know that he is anti-American and so are all of his supporters and all the Bush hating anti-war on terrorism Democtratic-Liberals. His 20 year affiliation with Rev. Wrong’s racial spewing is enough to convince me of that, not to mention his wife’s statements and his refusal to honor our flag.

I am one of those rural Americans that he and his liberal, educated, brain-dead followers consider a bitter, gun toting, bible-thumping redneck. We were raised with guns and religion, it is our culture and I do not believe that it was a misstatement on his part. He actually believes that we need to be saved from our “bitternes” by the likes of him. I am bitter that other Americans have actually placed him in a position that (God help us all) might put him in the White House.

He advocates “Change” but does not offer real solutions. He would socialize health care but at what expense, higher taxes, higher indebtedness to the Chinese? I for one do not want the government in charge of my healthcare. He would negotiate with terrorists, give me a break, they don’t want to talk they want to kill us. He would pull out of Iraq immediately, if you think gasoline is high now just wait until the regional instability that our early withdrawal will create. He would place leftist judges on the federal bench that will re-interpret the constitution, legislate from the bench and degrade liberty as we now know it, maybe that is the “change” that he proposes.

I have found that there is no way to change an Obamite’s mind, they will defend his “change and Hope” stupidity to the end. Hillary Democrats, Independents and digruntled Republicans please see this anti-American **** for what he is and vote John McCain in the general election. If elected Obama will only screw this country up worse than it is now.
    If you understood Islam you would know being Muslim is not a bad thing. Actually if you look at history, Christians have went around the world raping, murdering, and basically stealing other peoples possessions. Ask the Native Americans if you don't believe me. Alot of Southern Baptists are racist, white supremacist, KKK members but nobody seems to have a problem with that. If America is such a "melting pot" how come only old white men can be president? You wanna vote for McCain? He's already showing signs of dementia! And this serving the country stuff? Most of the soldiers I know only do it in order to see the world and get a paycheck while doing it. If they know they're going to lose their life they would never sign up. Look at how many soldiers are refusing to go to the frontlines. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what they do, but I'd be a fool to lay my life down for a country where I'm treated like a second-class citizen or a refugee. People need to face the fact that the US needs to change the way the rest of the world views us. And Barack Obama is the best man to do that. What other presidential candidate do you know who would call out deadbeat dads the way he did? Obama wants us to focus on improving our own mindstate and the way we treat each other. If you're against that then you're one of the reasons people hate us around the world.
    Last edited by mrmoe110; 06-21-08 at 11:02 PM.
    06-21-08 10:42 PM
    Obama is fake. He betrayed his friends of over 20 years w/o blinking... Who is to say that he won't just turn on the American People? Do you want Al Sharpton running the show???

Lets not forget that his name is Barak Hussein Obama. plus he has a brother in Kenya.. Image, an American President with a muslim brother from another country????
    The reason for him distancing himself from certain acquaintances he had is the whole political game thing. In order for him to do the job he wants to do for this country he has to project a certain image to people like YOU just to get a fair chance. And as far as him "turning" on the American people....he couldn't turn on us any worse than Reaganomics, the war on drugs, or this war in Iraq has. Reagan and Bush Sr. supplied the training, money, and weapons to the very same "terrorists" that everybody's so afraid of now. I call THAT turning on the American people.
    06-21-08 10:54 PM
    Mr Moe, I'm going to have to differ with you on a few points.

First. Why they serve. I have one brother, two nephews, and a niece in the service, USMC, Army, and two in the Navy. They all had the opportunity and resources to go to college, but felt this was their obligation to the nation. And they are all Black.
    The number of people you or I know will never reflect the thinking of the entire armed forces.

I as a Black man has never once felt like a second citizen in my country. I have traveled quite a bit and still I come back here. There is no place else I'd rather live.

What exactly makes Senator Obama the man to bring about the changes the country needs. Personally, I need a little bit more than just constantly saying the word "change" to believe that he can effect those changes. And I am still waiting for one person to tell me what he has accomplished that would make one believe he is ready for primetime. Community Organizer? What exactly is that? Someone who plans block parties and bake sales.

What is his legislative record?

I would love to have a choice in this election, but what I know of McCain makes him a NO!

What I don't know about Obama makes him equally so.
    06-21-08 11:04 PM
    Mr Moe, I'm going to have to differ with you on a few points.

First. Why they serve. I have one brother, two nephews, and a niece in the service, USMC, Army, and two in the Navy. They all had the opportunity and resources to go to college, but felt this was their obligation to the nation. And they are all Black.
    The number of people you or I know will never reflect the thinking of the entire armed forces.

I as a Black man has never once felt like a second citizen in my country. I have traveled quite a bit and still I come back here. There is no place else I'd rather live.

What exactly makes Senator Obama the man to bring about the changes the country needs. Personally, I need a little bit more than just constantly saying the word "change" to believe that he can effect those changes. And I am still waiting for one person to tell me what he has accomplished that would make one believe he is ready for primetime. Community Organizer? What exactly is that? Someone who plans block parties and bake sales.

What is his legislative record?

I would love to have a choice in this election, but what I know of McCain makes him a NO!

What I don't know about Obama makes him equally so.
    Ok here we go. First of all, nobody I know is like the Spartans from 300. Nobody in their right mind would ever freely give up their life for some politicians agenda or some "patriotic ideal". That's just stupid. I'm worth more than that and the soldiers are, too. They have wives, husbands, and children that need them for more than just taking a bullet.

And you misinterpreted what I said. It's not about how you look at yourself. You may not look at yourself as a second-class citizen but if you look at the news and other current events (like this election,SockObama, racial profiling, etc.) you would see that many, many, many OTHER people in America do. That's just reality.

And a community organizer is just that. They organize-the-community. And the people make up the community. And communities make up this country. It's the process of changing things from the bottom up instead of the same old "pass this law, bomb that country" mindstate. Would you build a house starting with the roof or the foundation? Community organization is about building a strong foundation to build upon. We need to get back to strengthening our communities before we can go to someone elses country and tell them how to live their lives.
    Last edited by mrmoe110; 06-21-08 at 11:57 PM.
    06-21-08 11:39 PM
    OK and here I go. I just cited you four examples of people that are willing to lay down their lives for their country, and I am firmly convinced that there are 1000's more. The fact that you don't know any does not change that fact. Maybe you should acquaint yourself with less trifling people.

Second point, It is not about how I feel about myself, but how I KNOW i have been treated by this country. If you can't wrap your mind around that, Sorry, I can't help you there

Third. I'm still not buying it. I get your explanation, but tell me as a "Community Organizer", what exactly did Senator Obama accomplish. Not his job title, or some nebulous descriptions of the meaning, but the actual accomplishments. How is Chicago better after Senator Obama organized the community, than before.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-22-08 at 01:49 AM.
    06-21-08 11:56 PM
    The reason for him distancing himself from certain acquaintances he had is the whole political game thing. In order for him to do the job he wants to do for this country he has to project a certain image to people like YOU just to get a fair chance.
    So what you are saying here is, that for all of Senator Obama's talk about changing politics as usual, he is the usual politician. Do what is expedient and hope the dumbed down masses wont notice.

I'm not concerned with what he wants to project, show me what he will do.
    And so far I ain't seen a lot. Just another empty suit with the gift of oratory.
    Kind of like the Black Reagan.
    06-22-08 01:46 AM
    [QUOTEKind of like the Black Reagan.[/QUOTE]

ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost spit my pepsi all over my screen
    06-22-08 02:22 AM
    First, the fact that you know four people that SAY they would sacrifice their life for their country does not mean they would actually do it when the boo-boo hits the fan. My sister-in-law was dating a cat in the service who was about to be sent to Iraq and now he's in a psych ward. A local guy in my neighborhood shot himself in the leg to keep from being sent to Iraq. That's just two examples out of many. Everybody can talk the talk but will they walk the walk. But that's not what I was originally talking about. The point I was trying to make is that I don't understand why people feel being a "patriot" is so important. I rather show love to everyone whether they're Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, or Atheist. I don't feel we're the "best" country in the world; we're just the only ones who feel we have to tell everybody we are.

Second, if you, as a black man can sit back and say we're treated as 100% equal in this country you must live a real sheltered life. Ask the Hurricane Katrina victims, ask Sean Bells family, ask the Jena 6, ask Genarlow Wilson, ask Dave Chapelle, the list goes on. I guess you think racism doesn't exist anymore.

Third, it's no secret politics is a game. All politicians just tell people what they want to hear. But why can't someone with a different perspective and approach get the keys to the country. My problem is with people who think being Muslim is evil, or that Barack Obama is even Muslim at all. Or that "OMG his name is Barack Hussein Obama, I can't vote for him." Like an American president has to be named John Smith or something. If you can't see the inherent racism in that I feel sorry for you.

P.S. I don't know but I'm already anticipating the election to be another situation like '04. McCain may become president because, even though Obama will win the popular vote, and even though you may not believe it, the powers-that-be in this country cannot stand the thought of an African-American actually being president.
    Last edited by mrmoe110; 06-22-08 at 09:21 AM.
    06-22-08 02:33 AM
    two quick notes...

Ist- referring to "powers - that - be" denotes a certain air of paranoia...

(just an observation)

2nd why not an African- American president? We've had crooks, morons, actors, peanut farmers, draft dodgers, womanizers and out and out liars... so it appears to me we are a less than picky society.
    I think you are giving voting america too much credit ...

that said ....I like Obama...mainly just because he's NOT McCain.
    06-22-08 02:47 AM
    MrMoe, I'm going to take 'em one at a time and go slow.

1) You just made my point for me. And that is who you and who I know and what they say, will or will not do is not a reflection on why people serve. Period.
    If you don't know why being a patriot is important, again I cannot help you, but being a patriot does not mean you cannot show love to the rest of the world.
    And at no point did I say we are "the best country in the world". What I did say is I have traveled quite a bit and would not want to live anywhere other than here. Now granted I have never been to Tahiti.

2) Sheltered? Oh I think not. Grew up in Newark. Lived in Hartford thru college. Seen a lot of good and a lot of bad.
    But citing others bad experiences does not make them a reality for the entire Black population in America. Do you not know one single Black person that enjoys their life. We are not all being shot by the police, unfairly imprisoned, etc...
    As for thinking racism does not exist, of course it does, but that is not the entire reason why people fail, or die or have hard times, etc...

3) You and I are as one on this one. Read through this thread and you find that I (A) have "no dog in this fight" and (B) spent a whole bunch of keystrokes smacking down the Obama is ____ BS.
    So yeah, I see the inherent racism in that. No need to feel sorry for me. As I won't feel sorry for you not taking the time to read through this thread to know that I have done my best to shoot down the majority of those asinine claims.

As for polls. Those things have been wrong throughout the entire primaries, and I put very little faith in them.
    As to this one, 34 CB users is not in my opinion a sample reflective of the thinking of the nation.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-22-08 at 09:14 AM.
    06-22-08 09:05 AM
    two quick notes...

Ist- referring to "powers - that - be" denotes a certain air of paranoia...

(just an observation)

2nd why not an African- American president? We've had crooks, morons, actors, peanut farmers, draft dodgers, womanizers and out and out liars... so it appears to me we are a less than picky society.
    I think you are giving voting america too much credit ...

that said ....I like Obama...mainly just because he's NOT McCain.
    I am firmly undecided but you do make a very valid point. We have got to get past this "who would you rather have a beer with", "who looks most like you", American Idol approach to voting and take this stuff seriously.
    We've got some truly big problems to solve, and we need to select the best person for that job. I am not nor have been critical of anyone's choice of candidate. I just wish people would step back and ask the hard questions.
    06-22-08 09:19 AM
    I am firmly undecided but you do make a very valid point. We have got to get past this "who would you rather have a beer with", "who looks most like you", American Idol approach to voting and take this stuff seriously.
    We've got some truly big problems to solve, and we need to select the best person for that job. I am not nor have been critical of anyone's choice of candidate. I just wish people would step back and ask the hard questions.
    I wasnt going to get involved with this discussion but Graceless, give me an example of the hard questions. Because when I ask something relatively easy it seems people get flustered. So why would I ask them a hard question. One of my questions would be why do you think that Obama is a great canidate for the united states presidency? Is it because he's black?

The look of outrage I receive is incredible, and their response is usually well your not going to vote for him because he's black? Give me a break. What would your example of a hard question?

Please forgive me if you have elaborated prior, but Im on the tail end of this convo.
    06-22-08 12:23 PM
152 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD