But I'm trying to figure out a Western Civilization topic for a research paper...and having writers block at 1a.m. is not at all fun. So I thought I'd turn to my Crackberry community for inspiration. So the paper must be on any event up to 1500AD. It must be argumentative...still not sure how you argue history...but whatever. My original topic was on the Black Plague, but I could find no aspect of it to argue. So any history buffs or professors want to chime In? I could REALLY use yall's help. Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 01:12 AM
    For Black Plague, you could always argue that some in those days felt it was good, as it kept the population in check, and some that felt it was bad, namely those who contracted it...

04-01-10 02:37 AM
    You could always argue that the fall of rome was caused by the lack of morality?

But thats all poppycock.
    04-01-10 03:15 AM
    You could argue that pyramids were built by friendly, helpful aliens from someplace else...

04-01-10 03:17 AM
    I agree with prada. I was going to say something similar. I just watched something on the history channel I think, that was asking similar questions. I vote the fall of the roman empire. Very interesting topic too.
    04-01-10 07:42 AM
    You could argue that pyramids were built by friendly, helpful aliens from someplace else...

I vote for this one!

04-01-10 09:22 AM
    You can argue how though it's not taught in schools, Abe Lincoln was in many ways a tyrant.
    04-01-10 11:12 AM
    Thanks for all your suggestions guys! I stuck with the Black Plague, it's just interesting to me (I guess it's the nursing major talking) and I found a lot of literature on it as well as a valid arguement. Thanks again; it's always nice to turn to my trusty Crackberry community!
    04-20-10 05:10 AM
    I was going to say that you could argue that Moses originally had 3 tablets and dropped one on the way down the mountain and that as a result, lying became a staple of Western Civ life.....
    04-20-10 07:30 AM
    You could argue that ancient hominids evolved and split into various species of Homo that co-existed at the same time, therefore Homo Sapiens could have evolved from more than one human ancestor...hence the diversity in modern Homo Sapiens...but that would probably be more scientific than historic.
    04-20-10 02:51 PM
    ^^^^Nerd!^^^^
    04-20-10 04:12 PM
    You can argue how though it's not taught in schools, Abe Lincoln was in many ways a tyrant.
    And a Vampire hunter!
    04-20-10 04:13 PM
    And a Vampire hunter!
    And a Vampire himself!

*GASP*
    04-20-10 04:31 PM
    A vampire hunting vampire?

I smell a CW sitcom in the works-

A historical sci fi horror thriller with M Night Shymalan twists!
    04-20-10 04:45 PM
    His story has been told, albeit with a little tweaking...

It's called the Blade Trilogy.
    04-20-10 04:56 PM
    ^^^^Nerd!^^^^
    I'm just well in tune with my species.

And a Vampire himself!

*GASP*
    Pfffft! Everyone knows that Honest Abe was a Lycan!
    04-20-10 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD