You know the money you hide from the wife, so when you get mad at her, or you find something you want to buy.

Where are some good places to hide your money at, or that you have come up with to hide money at

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 03:20 AM
    I hide my money in a part of my toilet, someone told me to make a hidden compartment somewhere in my toilet.

Oh yea I ain't married, I am very devious when it comes to hidden compartments.

08-01-09 05:21 AM
    Wow paranoid much?
    08-01-09 06:02 AM
    Wow paranoid much?
    Never, its not really paranoia!

08-01-09 08:01 AM
    Any relationship where one person finds the need, or considers
    ways to hide or conceal something from the other party is destined
    to fail. Might as well just walk away now.
    08-01-09 09:58 AM
    Agreed AG, +1 to that...
    08-01-09 10:02 AM
    Agreed AG, +1 to that...
    I could not agree more, but am I the only one to see the utter irony here?
    08-01-09 10:24 AM
    You know the money you hide from the wife, so when you get mad at her, or you find something you want to buy.

Where are some good places to hide your money at, or that you have come up with to hide money at

Hey bro, are you getting engaged or not? Or are these just general questions
    you have? The other day you started a thread on whether the girl should
    give back the ring when an engagement is called off. Here's how to solve
    the problems.

DO NOT GET MARRIED. PLEASE!!!
    08-01-09 12:27 PM
    lol no need to hide it THATS WHY JUST DONT GET JOINT BANK ACCOUNTS
    08-01-09 12:35 PM
    I never hide my money

all the bills are split 50/50 she has her bank account and I have mine. and joint purchases are discussed before bought

plus I always adopt the ladies way of shopping....

That old thing?? ....I've had it for ages, only cost me a coupla bucks and even then it was 75% off
    08-01-09 01:47 PM
    My friend, who is married was talking to me about this, so I just got curious if or how many guys do this. This is something I don't think I would, I would just forget where I hid the damn money lol

Yes I did do a thread on engagement rings, just again curious what others opions are, that's all.

08-03-09 06:22 AM
    Oh yes and thanks for tip on not getting married, I guess there's something wrong with someone wanting opions on things.

08-03-09 06:24 AM
    Don't start hating until you read all of it. These tips are a collection of conversation snippets with several of my friends.

1. And of course, the most important one: Don't get married for wrong reasons. If a person is forcing you into marital "bliss" for whatever reason - don't do it. There are other fish in the sea and getting divorced WILL BE expensive.

2. If you did get married and have a spouse hellbent on shopping (goes both ways, fellas) you will still be able to save. DO NOT open a separate bank account. In case of divorce his/her lawyer can and will FREEZE all of your bank accounts and subpoena usage records, secret or not. Ask you parents to open one and give you authorized access OR get a safe deposit box which you can always empty without trace should the big "D" come up.

3. Again, you got married, but you are still not trusting and don't want to lose half of your stuff. When buying a house, put it in your parents' name. Your spouse won't be able to claim that property. Same when buying a car.

4. This is a tip for tracking spending and testing someone (also helpful to produce as evidence during divorce). Get a credit card for your spouse with set limit on daily spending and immediate charge notification. This way if your spouse bought a pack of gum you will get immediate e-mail (or text), thank you Blackberry!

and last tip: exchange and discuss both of your CREDIT REPORTS before becoming legally entangled, it will provide a very clear picture on the person's financial maturity. A lot of banks offer free finance management consultation and review for the bank account holders. Maybe if you guided and helped your spouse understand financial responsibility and how it affects your financial stability as a couple, you wouldn't have to stress yourself hiding money. You would be surprised how many people are clueless about how credit and debt works when there are 2 people involved.

Remember: even if the debt was acquired in the other person's name it could still be split in half in court. That's the way the marriage works - you get the good and the bad (unless your lawyer is reaaaallly good )

Good luck!
    08-03-09 08:40 AM
    Oh yes and thanks for tip on not getting married, I guess there's something wrong with someone wanting opions on things.

The best option is to remain debt free. That includes being unmarried. There is no benefit for a man to be married in this country. Period.

08-03-09 10:07 AM
    The best option is to remain debt free. That includes being unmarried. There is no benefit for a man to be married in this country. Period.

What about those wanting their green card?
    08-03-09 10:09 AM
    Hide anything of value and deny everything. And then, when the girl starts hinting at "putting a ring on it", time to let her go. ...Even if it is for a green card...
    08-03-09 10:33 AM
    What about those wanting their green card?
    Now you opened a whole other can of worms Plus, isn't that kind of illegal?
    08-03-09 10:41 AM
    i used to hide money in my freezer. nothing to do with a woman, im just paranoid.
    08-03-09 10:44 AM
    Gotta love you anti-marriage women-are-evil So-Cal'ers.

Makes me wonder if So-Cal breeds some unique species of greedy woman which is native to the area. *eyeroll*

For what its worth:

Open finances communication however separate bank accounts (in addition to a joint if you wish)
    Prenups! (personally I have 19 acres of prime farm land and a 2005 Envoy to protect )

And if a guy cant sniff out a money chaser within the first week, well then....*keeps opinion to self* This hiding stuff sounds like a bunch of BS
    Last edited by Mavis Fesselmeyer; 08-03-09 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spellin
    08-03-09 10:46 AM
    Now you opened a whole other can of worms Plus, isn't that kind of illegal?

I dont know, did I?

a. it happens
    b. Im not a lawyer, nor have I been proposed to by an illegal
    08-03-09 10:47 AM
    You know what, I do a bit of fishing, and I've never seen a can of worms. They are always in a plastic tub...

I'm just saying...

And I don't hide any money. I have a "stash" that we use for fun stuff, but she knows about it.

Actually, I'm too honest with my wife...
    08-03-09 10:54 AM
    Doesn't everyone?

(personally I have 19 acres of prime farm land and a 2005 Envoy to protect )
    And exactly what are you growing in this farmland? Potatoes? Haha!
    08-03-09 10:56 AM
    Doesn't everyone?

And exactly what are you growing in this farmland? Potatoes? Haha!
    Yes. Especially the gold diggers it sounds.

Ha! No thank goodness. With a cool crop such as that, I'd have to be extra keen as to the motives of potential suitors. Corn and soybeans rotated FTW!
    08-03-09 11:03 AM
    Corn?

Well hello, beautiful!
    08-03-09 11:05 AM

Makes me wonder if So-Cal breeds some unique species of greedy woman which is native to the area. *eyeroll*

For what its worth:

Open finances communication however separate bank accounts (in addition to a joint if you wish)
    Prenups! (personally I have 19 acres of prime farm land and a 2005 Envoy to protect )

And if a guy cant sniff out a money chaser within the first week, well then....*keeps opinion to self* This hiding stuff sounds like a bunch of BS
    Ooh, good call on Prenups! I forgot about that one...
    08-03-09 11:24 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD