Well for me, I was a regular user for many years as I suffered with chronic pain. Never understood why it wasn't at least legal for medical use. I preferred taking it to morphine, unless I was in really bad shape. Wished it had worked without the high (yeah, go ahead, don't believe me!). Fortunately, I now have a bionic neck, and haven't used in almost 2 years. Personally I have no problem with it's legalization, and find it slightly below alcohol on the problem drug list. I've never experienced a person who's marijuana intake caused them to get violent. Seen plenty of mean drunks. And along with all the medical studies mentioned, because it's black-market, it's easier for kids to obtain than alcohol.
    04-04-09 04:04 PM
    Marijuana increases estrogen production, increases bodyfat storage and has many other side effects. Weed is not harmless.

Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 04:34 PM
    Meh.

McDonalds makes you fat too.

And soy milk increases estrogen production as well.
    04-04-09 06:07 PM
    Soy is apparently not the super food people have been led to believe it is. It has a lot of negatives, too.

I totally gained weight while using marijuana regularly, but can't blame that on the marijuana itself. It has to do with the increased appetite, and my personal inability to avoid high-fat foods and sweets during bouts of "munchies," as well as a more sedentary lifestyle that had been adopted.

Marijuana can't make someone fat or make a guy grow breasts. But used in combination with poor lifestyle and eating habits, and that could be just what you get.

Apologies for anything that doesn't make sense, I'm on vicoden as I write this.

04-04-09 06:38 PM
    Well in regards to the argument that marijuana doesn't make you fat, that's unfounded. When you smoke weed, your body releases a hormone called ghrelin. Ghrelin is what your body releases so you know to eat. I could go into more detail, but my thumbs hurt.

Hope this helps

04-04-09 07:11 PM
    True, but it's the eating that makes you fat, not just the marijuana. More importantly, as always, *what* you eat, your exercising habits, and genes, as always...and from experience, I know that laying around and eating bacon and french fries is much more of a pleasant 'high' activity than munching a fruit salad while working out.
    And even if it were the marijuana, then it's definitely on a case-by-case basis. I know far too many skinny, over-eating potheads to believe that weed directly *makes* you fat.
    Again...food, activity, genes. Marijuana can just help it along if you're prone to weight gain. I know it helped me, but my roommate would eat more, smoke more, and move less, and not gain an ounce.

04-04-09 07:36 PM
    Not only did I never have a weight problem in 20+ years, I never had the munchies and don't forget anything.

04-04-09 07:42 PM
    I never had the munchies and don't forget anything
    How is that possible?You must have smoked some really bad regs lol...Not trying to be a **** but that sounds very unlikely to nearly impossible..

I personally still have a really good memory but i can tell its not as good as it was 10 years ago...
    04-04-09 09:07 PM
    Not even maui, Thai, or crypy. Don't have a clue!

04-04-09 09:09 PM
    Thats pretty good tho,Your one of the lucky ones brother-

I could save a fortune on no munchies
    04-04-09 09:14 PM
    Funny, I'd always wished I'd had the munchies. Between the pain, migraines and my metabolism it was a bear keeping weight on.

04-04-09 09:18 PM
    I still smoke once in a while, and I never get the munchies Usually just end up really tired and passing out, makes the day a little more interesting that's for sure Don't have a weight problem either...
    04-04-09 09:49 PM
    Show me an article saying pot has health risks and I can show you 10 others that say it doesn't. Most of which were requested by the government. Go to norml.com for some info.

I read that the government spent 58 billion dollars on "the war on drugs" last year alone. What good came from this? Who did it help? The same article said they would make an estimated 33 billion a year by legalizing and regulating mary jane the way they do alcohol. That's a 91 billion dollar swing.

04-05-09 01:56 PM
    Anything has a health risk man, especially when it involves smoke and your lungs. I'm not saying weed is terrible for you, but to deny that it has any health risks is being ignorant and biased.

Vinnie

04-05-09 02:02 PM
    It does have health risks. Physically its a risk to the respitory system. But the major risks are emotional and pyschological.

But as Vinnie just said, anything has health risks. ****, its not even safe to drink tap water anymore with all the traces of prescribtion drugs and other things that have been found in it.

04-05-09 02:35 PM
    My Dad was an alcoholic and couldn't/wouldn't stop drinking to save his life, literally, he died at 65 from pancreatitis (sp?). If it was legal, I would probably smoke it, but it isn't and I am drug tested at work. Alcohol scares me after watching Dad commit suicide.

04-05-09 02:58 PM
    Sorry. I should have said significant health risks. Alcohol and tobacco are worse for you than pot. Why are they socially acceptable and pots not?

04-05-09 03:07 PM
    Sorry. I should have said significant health risks. Alcohol and tobacco are worse for you than pot. Why are they socially acceptable and pots not?

I agree...They slap a "drug" label on it and all of a sudden people act like its the same as heroin..Usually its the ones that never tried it that are the least informed it seems..

Lets do a test..Ill smoke for 2 hrs straight and you drink for 2 hrs straight..then well see who drives better
    04-05-09 03:11 PM
    I'm not against it.I actually think that, it's better than nicotine.
    It just that it's not for everybody.It depend of how strong your are (physically and of course mentally).

Just like peoples said, it's just like alcohol.Some will be able to drink a whole bottle easily but others will fall after the first glass of champagne.

I think it should be legal by the way...or at least if you want to keep it illegal, put alcohol and cigarette on the same level because they are more dangerous.

That's just my opinion though.
    04-05-09 03:13 PM
    My question is why shoudnt it be legalized? What are the negatives? And you can't say it would make it more accessible to kids. When I was in high school, about 10 years ago, I could make a phone call or just go to school and get pot. It was alcohol that was hard to get ahold of

04-05-09 03:42 PM
    I really don't think most people understand the complications with legalizing weed.

1. Taxation- private growers would have to step up and start multi million dollar growing businesses, which would take time. Meanwhile people would continue to purchase it from the black market. Its a lot for an already over stretched government to handle.

2. How do you determine what the limit of being high and driving are?

3. What do you say to people who are in jail for the rest of their lives for weed that its now legal?

One day marijuana may be legal, but for the time being it will stay illegal because of the many complications surrounding it.

Hope this helps

04-05-09 03:50 PM
    I really don't think most people understand the complications with legalizing weed.

1. Taxation- private growers would have to step up and start multi million dollar growing businesses, which would take time. Meanwhile people would continue to purchase it from the black market. Its a lot for an already over stretched government to handle.

2. How do you determine what the limit of being high and driving are?

3. What do you say to people who are in jail for the rest of their lives for weed that its now legal?

One day marijuana may be legal, but for the time being it will stay illegal because of the many complications surrounding it.

Hope this helps

I agree Vinnie, if it does become legal and the government taxes it too high, people will just continue to get it the same way they have for years, underground, through their friends, etc...
    04-05-09 04:03 PM
    Yeah but as with all things, competition will drive down the price to some extent. I'd imagine there would be a growers permit which many people would buy. Not to mention the tobacco companies would probably step up and take the market over. And why would you continue to buy something illegally that you could buy legally?

I do completely agree with your determing levels of intoxication remark. There is also the issue of an "on the spot" test for those drivers suspected of being under the influence.

04-05-09 04:15 PM
    Personally I think it should be left up to the states as to whether or not they want to legalize weed. That's just my two cents.

04-05-09 04:26 PM
    We are in total agreement there. I know I'm biased but I don't see the sense in making a plant illegal when the effects of it are less harmful than that of legal ones.

04-05-09 04:38 PM
115 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD