What would you do for 41hrs alone, trapped inside an elevator? Must have been pretty smelly when they opened the door

The link to the YouTube time-lapse video, (no it's not 41rs long) is on this page Distraught elevator prisoner becomes belated YouTube star - Entertainment

A man trapped for 41 hours inside an elevator back in 1999 has found himself the unwitting subject of a rush of online interest after surveillance footage showcasing his ordeal was posted on the Internet via Google Inc.ís hugely popular video-sharing Web site YouTube.

The video clip in question, a time-lapse snapshot of the manís rather abrupt slice of solitary confinement, has already received in excess of 650,000 viewings since its arrival on YouTube -- with emergent media coverage only likely to further fuel its rush of popularity.

ďAfter a certain period of time I knew that I was in pretty big trouble because it was the weekend,Ē explained elevator prisoner Nicholas White earlier this week on ABC TVís Good Morning America show.

The star of the clip has also acknowledged its rising popularity insofar as many people have likely wondered what they might do should such a desperate incident befall them.

Having received close to 1,400 user comments since being posted to YouTube as an accompaniment to an April 21 article in The New Yorker, Mr. Whiteís claustrophobic trauma in New York Cityís McGraw-Hill building duly plays out in a musically-enhanced edit that conveys all 41 hours in a bite-size tribute clip.

The clip shows Mr. White prying open the elevator doors, lying down, curling up into a foetal position, and attempting to clamber up the elevatorís walls during his time held alone within the enclosed space.

Mr. White, an employee of Business Week magazine at that time, was working late in the office on October 15 of 1999 when he became trapped in the elevator while returning from a cigarette break. Once finally freed, he subsequently sued the McGraw-Hill building and the elevator maintenance company and received an undisclosed settlement.

It has never been determined exactly why the elevator froze, although rumours persist of a related electrical fault.
    04-22-08 03:58 PM
    Pity he didn't have a Berry with him.
    04-22-08 05:13 PM
    WOW!

Thats one long *** time, I think our company would definitely be sued if it took us that long to rescue someone from an elevator

Sucks to be him!!
    04-23-08 11:05 AM
    Poor guy - think of his having to refrain from pissing / ****ting...
    04-25-08 04:26 AM
    I would use the corner!
    I don't care what yall think

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-08 05:03 AM
    I quit working for McGraw-Hill because of stuff like that.
    04-25-08 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD