WATCH: Fla. dad threatening kids on school bus - WDBO Local News on wdbo.com
    Dad angrily confronts daughter's bullies on bus | abc7news.com

I just heard about the story this morning. WTF is the society coming to? He was arrested for cursing at the kids? Are you kidding me? People in the forums (not CB) are saying: aww, he shouldn't have cursed at the kids, that is not appropriate, blah blah blah. What planet do they live on? As if those kids are so innocent. Why isn't anyone asking where a 13 year old got condoms or learned to abuse a girl? The girl is in the hospital on suicide watch.

The father was ABSOLUTELY right, foul language or not. He actually demonstrated a lot of control, considering what they did to his daughter.
    Last edited by pixel8rberry; 09-22-10 at 09:57 AM.
    09-22-10 09:53 AM
    i totally agree with you pixel! being a new father (well for the past 19 months) if that was my son getting bullied like that i would definately do something. we can't sit back as parents and hope the school will take care of situations like that because they just don't or won't have the same affect that father had on the boy in question. our society has become too politically correct to deal with these types of situations. parents of tough to handle kids expect the school systems to correct the problems which stem from the home or they just turn a blind eye. if it were my son i don't know if i would have gotten on the bus but i may have followed it until the boy got off at his stop and then confront him in front of his family but kudos to him!
    09-22-10 10:04 AM
    I work in a school and I know just how mean kids today are. Not only are they mean, some of the do not fear authority nor punishment, mommy or daddy will get them out of it. This man was well within his rights to take matters into his own hands. I know one thing is for sure----those kids or not too many others will ever mess with his daughter again! the parents of those kids bullying her should thank him.
    09-22-10 11:55 AM
    I have to agree. I'll be the foremost person to say that the politically correct ways are for the birds. We have the freedom of speech, and we should be able to say what we want, when we want, and to whomever we want. But we have a society that is built around not being able to offend anyone. But we can offend the white middle aged working married man. take a look at any sitcom on TV in the US, the white married male is always the bafoon of the show. and it really makes me mad. and when someone picks on our kids we are not allowed to defend or show the "bully" that what they are doing is wrong?!?!?! come on. That total **** ****.... i guess when my daughter gets in the public school system they are going to hate me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 11:58 AM
    Have you seen the interview with the bully's mother? She said that she was angry with the girl's dad. And the interviewer never asked her what she thought about her child's actions. Media is so full of it. I was very, very surprised that the dad didn't beat up the kid.

I had to press charges against 2 middle-schoolers last academic year. One for assault on my child and one for theft of his cellphone. Which we recovered because I have GPS tracking installed, and I was able to prove that the phone has been at the kid's house and traveled to and from school on the bus route for a week. He tried to claim that "he just found it" during search. They both have been charged and convicted (only misdemeanor though, but I got the satisfaction). By the way, just in case you are wondering, the phone wasn't left unattended somewhere, but was stolen from the inside of my son's backpack in the locker during PE.

The officer told me that he has made 150 arrests that year in local High School. Kids nowadays have no sense of repercussions. And I believe that parents are to blame.
    Last edited by pixel8rberry; 09-22-10 at 12:52 PM.
    09-22-10 12:48 PM
    And I believe that parents are to blame.
    along with the music/media/news/print and every other source of social interaction......

I think if we went back to "cruel and unusual punishments" kids wouldn't act they way they do.

I'm not talking about lopping a kids head off for back-talking. but a swift backhand would do some good. and if a kid gets caught stealing something dye their hand a odd color line neon green.... make them embarrassed about doing what they did. make this bully serve lunch to 10 different kids per school day for a week or two. that will learn em....

09-22-10 01:18 PM
    One cannot always blame the parents, however given this parents response I would guess you can. There are so many influences on these kids nowadays that whether right or wrong parental influence is not as effective as it once was.
    09-22-10 01:24 PM
    One cannot always blame the parents, however given this parents response I would guess you can. There are so many influences on these kids nowadays that whether right or wrong parental influence is not as effective as it once was.
    Because parents aren't as involved as they once were.

and yes i did say that....

09-22-10 01:24 PM
    along with the music/media/news/print and every other source of social interaction......

I think if we went back to "cruel and unusual punishments" kids wouldn't act they way they do.

I'm not talking about lopping a kids head off for back-talking. but a swift backhand would do some good. and if a kid gets caught stealing something dye their hand a odd color line neon green.... make them embarrassed about doing what they did. make this bully serve lunch to 10 different kids per school day for a week or two. that will learn em....

Was the punishment cruel? that is where the problems have come from. I am sorry a spanking is not cruel. I am not talking about a beating, there is a difference. How about making him volunteer at a place that services special needs kids. There are alot of humbling punishments if people were creative.
    Part of the problem is also kids seeing famous or infamous people getting slaps on the wrist (let me get caught with some cocaine bet I get more than probation)and they believe they are untouchable.
    09-22-10 01:27 PM
    Because parents aren't as involved as they once were.

and yes i did say that....

I do not disagree with you but I will take it further and say that is not always the case either. Sadly there are just some bad kids out there, no matter what influence they had, they are simply bad----the grow up to be bad adults.
    09-22-10 01:29 PM
    Was the punishment cruel? that is where the problems have come from. I am sorry a spanking is not cruel. I am not talking about a beating, there is a difference. How about making him volunteer at a place that services special needs kids. There are alot of humbling punishments if people were creative.
    Part of the problem is also kids seeing famous or infamous people getting slaps on the wrist (let me get caught with some cocaine bet I get more than probation)and they believe they are untouchable.
    I agree, and yes i will spank my daughter when the time and need comes for it. And there are a lot of punishments out there that will humiliate the child/student w/o laying one finger of harm on them. I remember seeing a picture of a kid that had to stand out on a street corner and something to the degree of "i stole 50.00$ from my own grandmother. Could you image your kid stealing from your mother"... and made him stand out there for like 30mins a day, with the parents in the close distance....

09-22-10 01:31 PM
    My little Brother and Sister just started high school and those kids are ANIMALS.

I have practiced so much self control after school in an effort to NOT be CB's Next top murderer.

Seriously, in todays world, the kids know WAY moar than adults. (When it comes to sexuality and profanity.)

Whether people want to believe it or not.
    09-22-10 02:13 PM
    I agree, and yes i will spank my daughter when the time and need comes for it. And there are a lot of punishments out there that will humiliate the child/student w/o laying one finger of harm on them. I remember seeing a picture of a kid that had to stand out on a street corner and something to the degree of "i stole 50.00$ from my own grandmother. Could you image your kid stealing from your mother"... and made him stand out there for like 30mins a day, with the parents in the close distance....

When I was little, I "stole" a pen from an office...

My mom slapped me across the rear, and made me go back to the office and apologize for stealing the pen.

I was soo embarassed!
    09-22-10 02:15 PM
    These last couple of batches of folks God made need to be sent "back to the manufacturer"...recalled.

I'm still boiling about the 16-year old girl, who was raped and the pics were posted all over Facebook.

It's almost like they're subhuman...they have no souls. SO many parents walk around in denial. They have no idea what their kids are thinking about doing, have done, and are about to do.

So, while I agree there are children who are just..."bad", I've witnessed way too many situations to consider that to be the norm. It's the exception. "Character" has to be cultivated, and it starts young, and you have to be on the case, all the time....because of the outside influences. It doesn't just happen.

If you know you birthed spawns of The Evil One, then don't act like you don't know. Get them some help and be tough about it. Don't just unleash them onto the world, and let us have to deal. That ain't right.
    09-22-10 03:05 PM
    Parents are a part of the problem, but can also be a part of the solution. It might sound over-controlling and paranoid, but you CAN try to filter what your child comes in contact with: media, people, video games, reading material, education. Have zero tolerance for disrespect, reward good attitude and personal achievement. Instill values and outline boundaries for what is accepted and what won't be tolerated. Educate and just speak to the kids about "adult" stuff. They talk about it with their friends anyway, and if you can give them the right information on actions vs consequences beforehand, they will be able to make the right choice if and when the situation occurs.

Kids mature faster in this digital age, so you have to start early. You cannot be a "friend" to your child, they won't respect your authority. Friendship time is for when your child is an adult.
    09-22-10 03:06 PM
    The offenders, in this case the bullies, not the father, should be suspended from school for threatening and harassing behavior. By allowing those kids to go free you are only rewarding their bad actions. This emboldens them to only escalate the next time, and there will be a next time. I feel for the father and I applaud his restraint. I would be in jail if it were me.
    09-22-10 03:10 PM
    That also brings up an even worse subject... Cyberbullying.

It's almost impossible to stop or avoid unless you block/wipe & start fresh and change numbers/e-mails/accounts.

09-22-10 08:26 PM
    [QUOTE=pixel8rberry;5606528]Parents are a part of the problem, but can also be a part of the solution. It might sound over-controlling and paranoid, but you CAN try to filter what your child comes in contact with: media, people, video games, reading material, education. Have zero tolerance for disrespect, reward good attitude and personal achievement. Instill values and outline boundaries for what is accepted and what won't be tolerated. Educate and just speak to the kids about "adult" stuff. They talk about it with their friends anyway, and if you can give them the right information on actions vs consequences beforehand, they will be able to make the right choice if and when the situation occurs.

Kids mature faster in this digital age, so you have to start early. You cannot be a "friend" to your child, they won't respect your authority. Friendship time is for when your child is an adult.[/QUOTE]

+1 for the hole thing but the part in bold is extra true i figured out on my own without any help from anyone other thatn TV and the internet where babies came from when i was in 2nd grade...and i told everyone because thats how kids are....somthing i dont really like to admit openly but i think it serves a point here...my mom was a terrible alchohalic my hole life...(my dad died when i was 6 so no help there) so ive bassicaly raised myself my entire life...my mom had a great job and supported me with a house and food...but thats it i made my own food and my own rules because she was always passed out cold or when she was semi consious she didnt even know what was going on...she would ask who i am all the time and would wake up from a random dream and belive for hours she was still in it....but the point of my story is i had no help from paretns when i grew up and in the digital age i learned alot of bad things really early i was a bad kid i really was...i wasnt any type of bully where i intimidated people or anything like that just typical bad kid stuff shoplifting skiping school the occasional egg or paintball to peopels houses but needless to say it caught up with me and i went to jail for a while...but i turned myself around got a great job and ive been in a seriouse relationship for will be 5 years next month and things are looking up i dont hang with the wrong people anymore and i dont do any of those things anymore
    09-22-10 09:56 PM
    That also brings up an even worse subject... Cyberbullying.

It's almost impossible to stop or avoid unless you block/wipe & start fresh and change numbers/e-mails/accounts.

Or get them a Google Voice number and give that to them, as their only means of texting/calling. and block numbers who your don't approve of.

09-23-10 07:41 AM
    i believe there is no respecting the parents if the children do not fear the parents. i was raised by the belt. i wasn't abused, just disciplined, there's a big difference. nowadays kids threaten their parents if they get spanked. i couldn't imagine what my dad would have done if i tried to threaten to call the cops if he spanked me.
    09-23-10 08:59 AM
    Russell Peters, a very funny comedian, did a sketch about his father giving him a "beating". Russell told his dad that he would call Child Services on him, to which his father replied: That's alright, go ahead. It will take them about 20-25mins to get here, and I might get into a little trouble. But, in the mean time, somebody is gonna get hurt reeeaaaaal bad.

Look him up on Youtube.
    09-23-10 09:27 AM
    THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO BEAT OUR CHILDREN!

jk(sorta)
    09-23-10 11:21 AM
    i believe there is no respecting the parents if the children do not fear the parents. i was raised by the belt. i wasn't abused, just disciplined, there's a big difference. nowadays kids threaten their parents if they get spanked. i couldn't imagine what my dad would have done if i tried to threaten to call the cops if he spanked me.
    Its a healthy fear, nothing wrong with it. You would either be dead or raised in foster care had you called. Even though I work in a school, I do not agree with everything they teach----one of which is - spankings are wrong. No they are not letting your child act like a fool is wrong. I can pick out every child in my school that needs an azz whippin but has neva had one!!!
    09-23-10 12:17 PM
    The more tree hugging this society grows to be, the more and more these kids get
    away with the crap that they do. This is a huge reason why I will never have a
    child of my own. I wouldn't want to raise one in today's day in age. I'm only 27 but
    I can think back to 17 years ago when my mom didn't hesitate to take her rubber
    slipper off and whack me a couple of times when I was being out of line. She didn't
    beat the living crap out of me of course. But it was just enough.
    09-23-10 12:24 PM
    Listen, I am against bruising a child, but I believe that strict discipline works. My mom is a good example for this. I grew up in Russia. I was about 7 and we were standing at a bus stop. I was being a brat and kept mouthing off at my mom. She was getting angry and I thought she wouldn't do anything in public, so I kept at it. Well, she slapped me across my face, hard enough to make my nose bleed. Needless to say, we never went where we were going and I never mouthed off at my mom again. She also had a rule about nagging: if I wanted something and she said not right now, that meant she will think about. But if I kept nagging she would never buy it for me.

Speaking of talking to your children: My mom is a very straightforward person. I made a mistake of asking her about babies at the age of 6. I was, in return, lectured on the subject in graphic detail. At the age of 8 or 9 she handed me a book on STDs. A MEDICAL REFERENCE book, with descriptions and photographs. Yep, I never had any misconceptions about anything. My mom believes that if a child is asking, that means he is ready to receive the knowledge.

Now my grandma was the heavy-handed one. I still remember how she taught me not to lose my house keys:
    After I had lost the key for the 5th time in that month, I was sitting on the house steps waiting for her. She didn't say a word, grabbed me by the back of my head and put my face through the door. I have NEVER lost my keys again. And my nose healed nicely too. :P

God forbid if I was ever disrespectful to any of the adults, or if someone complained about my behavior, or if I missed the curfew by 1 min.

Oh, the memories... By the way, we don't have/didn't have Child Services in Russia, so if your parents cared about raising you right, you either listened or.... I don't know, I was too scared to do anything else.
    09-23-10 12:37 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD