...am I the only one that gets annoyed when trying to dig for an answer to a problem, and I come across a thread that seems like it could be helpful and has a ton of replies, only to discover that most of the people posting replies are just posting for the sake of posting? They aren't actually posting an answer to the question, or really anything useful. Why is that? Is it to run up the number of 'total posts' they have? I could see if they say "I agree, poster xyz gave a good suggestion", but they don't even do that. They just post something that contributes no value and makes digging for the solution that must more difficult. Not a rant, just curiosity.

If I do rant, then I'll complain about the people that respond to a question, by actually questioning why a user wants to do something, e.g. "why would you want to do that anyway?" I've seen a lot of those messages too. If you don't think the person's request for help is over something useful, and you don't have an answer, then why even respond?

Me thinks people just like to run up their 'total posts' number.
    07-03-08 10:46 PM
    Ya I agree I see that a lot on here. Or people answering a question that has already been answered

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD