Why would you ask about religion on a secular tech site? Go talk to your pastor.

Your not going to find answers here.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    01-30-15 09:45 PM
    Friends,

I need some outside perspectives. I am basically at a point where I am questioning really my faith. Raised a baptist my whole life past few years I've just been tired of it. Wanting to wonder what if there are other options to believe. Friends and Family would have you believe there is no other way but through Jesus. I just want to be able to say we'll I need to figure it out for myself.

Sincere thoughts guys/gals.

Posted via CB10
    As an atheist, I live by the golden rule. I don�t need made up bs to use against others or others to use against me.

What's wrong with just being good to others and expecting the same in return?

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 and MobileMadness002 like this.
    01-30-15 09:49 PM
    My advice: read the books of as many religions as possible. The Holy Bible. Book of Mormon. The Quran. Even books from Scientology. As many religious texts as you can.

People do so much soul searching buying cars, and phones, and yet many simply follow whatever religion they were raised with.

In the end, if you expose yourself to the works of many religions, you will likely find one that speaks to something inside you. Listen to that. Not anyone else's opinions of their own religion.
    01-30-15 09:52 PM
    All religions interpret the way they see fit. If you believe their interpretation I guess that's a start. It doesn't mean any of them are right.
    01-30-15 09:56 PM
    Why would you ask about religion on a secular tech site? Go talk to your pastor.

Your not going to find answers here.

Posted via CB10
    Nor would you get proper education from the pastor.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 09:58 PM
    I'm sure you can find plenty of resources on your own if you so wish, they are readily available.
    Sarcasm. I am quite knowledgeable on this subject so I am not entirely sure what were hoping to call to my attention.
    01-30-15 10:39 PM
    Nor would you get proper education from the pastor.

Posted via CB10
    Well.. he is looking for religious guidance because he is losing his faith.. not yours.. he should seek first to have questioned answered by his own upbringing. What does it matter where he looks if it's all fake anyway?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 10:56 PM
    Sarcasm. I am quite knowledgeable on this subject so I am not entirely sure what were hoping to call to my attention.
    There's a thing called science and the burden of proof. If you make the claim that a god or gods exist you must prove it.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 11:38 PM
    Also many hundreds or thousands of religions have existed? What makes your lucky thousand side dice toss the winning side?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 11:40 PM
    OP... we live in a modern age where religion is not needed. To me faith is believing you can do better and be better. Do what makes you happy not what religions think will make you happy. There is also plenty of resources out there to help you out.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 11:45 PM
    Friends,

I need some outside perspectives. I am basically at a point where I am questioning really my faith. Raised a baptist my whole life past few years I've just been tired of it. Wanting to wonder what if there are other options to believe. Friends and Family would have you believe there is no other way but through Jesus. I just want to be able to say we'll I need to figure it out for myself.

Sincere thoughts guys/gals.

Posted via CB10
    Don't believe. Know. Find knowledge and happiness

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 11:47 PM
    Well then, enough said.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-31-15 02:35 AM
    01-31-15 06:36 AM
    OP... we live in a modern age where religion is not needed. To me faith is believing you can do better and be better. Do what makes you happy not what religions think will make you happy. There is also plenty of resources out there to help you out.

Posted via CB10
    Some people need and want something to believe in. Nothing wrong with that until it crosses over to radicle.
    01-31-15 06:41 AM
    If you are losing your faith in imaginary characters, you're on the right road my friend. Welcome.
    01-31-15 06:44 AM
    We've always tried to keep religion and politics out of the CB Forums. Yes, even in Off-Topic Lounge.

We manage to have vehement arguments here on the daily about mobile phones. We don't need any extra kindling for that fire. In "real life" I'd love to sit around and debate religion, but this just ain't the place.

OP, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Thread closed.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    01-31-15 07:59 AM
41 12