Friends,

I need some outside perspectives. I am basically at a point where I am questioning really my faith. Raised a baptist my whole life past few years I've just been tired of it. Wanting to wonder what if there are other options to believe. Friends and Family would have you believe there is no other way but through Jesus. I just want to be able to say we'll I need to figure it out for myself.

Sincere thoughts guys/gals.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 12:55 PM
    No answers for you except to say you must come to what is right for yourself.

Passport or Z10, whichever is nearest
    01-30-15 01:01 PM
    The Catholic faith is the fullness of truth. Study it and your eyes will be opened.
    CmdrStraker and powereds like this.
    01-30-15 01:03 PM
    Your best bet is to visit and post this to reddit atheism pages. Look into humanism and do some reading on the topic. I would avoid trying to find another religion to believe in and follow as your savior for the afterlife. Live your life as a good human being and "IF" there is a god, and you choose to believe there maybe one, then a just god will accept you for the good you have done. Just think of how many different gods there have been and followed over the centuries if not millenia, why would jesus be the one and only his people the chosen ones???
    There are plenty of arguments to research and decide for yourself what to believe. Try the book God Delusion by Richard Dawkins as a start.
    Good luck

Robertino BB-Z30
    MobileMadness002 and middbrew like this.
    01-30-15 01:06 PM
    ^^+1

Passport or Z10, whichever is nearest
    01-30-15 01:08 PM
    The Catholic faith is the fullness of truth. Study it and your eyes will be opened.
    Please do read the bible from cover to cover as that will be the best argument for NOT believing in a god! It is a book full of violence, bigotry, chauvinism and contradictions so grand that your head will spin a la Linda Blair. But it is the word of God because it says it's the word of God therefore making it the word of God. If that's not circular, I don't know what is!

Robertino BB-Z30
    BCITMike likes this.
    01-30-15 01:13 PM
    Please do read the bible from cover to cover as that will be the best argument for NOT believing in a god! It is a book full of violence, bigotry, chauvinism and contradictions so grand that your head will spin a la Linda Blair. But it is the word of God because it says it's the word of God therefore making it the word of God. If that's not circular, I don't know what is!

Robertino BB-Z30
    You, have a solid grasp on the farce known as religion.
    01-30-15 01:17 PM
    Your best bet is to visit and post this to reddit atheism pages. Look into humanism and do some reading on the topic. I would avoid trying to find another religion to believe in and follow as your savior for the afterlife. Live your life as a good human being and "IF" there is a god, and you choose to believe there maybe one, then a just god will accept you for the good you have done. Just think of how many different gods there have been and followed over the centuries if not millenia, why would jesus be the one and only his people the chosen ones???
    There are plenty of arguments to research and decide for yourself what to believe. Try the book God Delusion by Richard Dawkins as a start.
    Good luck

Robertino BB-Z30
    Thank you so much for the reply man. I've come to feel less stress when I am not worrying if God approves of this or that. And frankly I'm not that upset. That's gotta mean something.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 01:17 PM
    Even if take what you said at face value just because you find something disagreeable is not an argument for why something exists or not.
    01-30-15 01:19 PM
    You are welcome, but I'm dead serious about getting your hands on that book "God Delusion " by Richard Dawkins. It will explain a lot of things for you and much more eloquently than I could do for you.
    Ciao

Robertino BB-Z30
    middbrew and BCITMike like this.
    01-30-15 01:22 PM
    Even if take what you said at face value just because you find something disagreeable is not an argument for why something exists or not.
    There are so many things wrong with what you just said that I don't know where to begin. I'm sad to hear you don't find the degradation of women, the keeping of slaves, the murder of more people than all our world wars put together and the exclusion of billions of people from your "heaven" based on an arbitrary book, disagreeable. This argument could go on ad infinitum so let's just call it a day continue being good citizens to our fellow beings (yes, animals and all else) that we share this earth with.

Robertino BB-Z30
    01-30-15 01:33 PM
    Without religion, we'd have anarchy and chaos. With religion, we have subversion, death and untold horrors. Believe or not believe how you want to, in what you want to. This is something we'll all never agree on, so each must do for themself what is best for them.
    01-30-15 01:54 PM
    I decided a long time ago, the word faith was just code for follow and don't question. That is for sheep.

I decided to learn about all religions in hopes to find out real historical common elements. I learned of ancient Sumeria and really got turned on to the ancient tablets with stories of God's named the Annunaki, as well as stories that matched the bible, Noah's ark, Cain and Able etc... this is over 9,000 years old. Interesting stuff.

By the way, the Annunaki may take you down a rabbit hole leading to aliens. Just a warning... lol

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 04:18 PM
    I decided a long time ago, the word faith was just code for follow and don't question. That is for sheep.

I decided to learn about all religions in hopes to find out real historical common elements. I learned of ancient Sumeria and really got turned on to the ancient tablets with stories of God's named the Annunaki, as well as stories that matched the bible, Noah's ark, Cain and Able etc... this is over 9,000 years old. Interesting stuff.

By the way, the Annunaki may take you down a rabbit hole leading to aliens. Just a warning... lol

Posted via CB10
    Good to know .

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 04:22 PM
    You are welcome, but I'm dead serious about getting your hands on that book "God Delusion " by Richard Dawkins. It will explain a lot of things for you and much more eloquently than I could do for you.
    Ciao

Robertino BB-Z30
    That's a very good book. A lot of Dawkins' books are great reads.
    01-30-15 08:41 PM
    You might want to read how and why the Catholic religion was formed. Then come back here and explain to me how it's the fullness of truth.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-30-15 08:45 PM
    This thread will be... locked? Lol. Have fun while it lasts!
    01-30-15 08:59 PM
    I stopped going to church a while ago because i came to believe that, if there is a God, humans are incapable of interpreting what he wants. No God would want us to kill another person in his name and yet, Christians, Jews and Muslims, who all share the same God, kill each other with such regularity.

Being a Christian is not your ticket into heaven. A whole lot of evil people claim to be christian.

I've studied a bit about some religions, and from what I've seen Buddhism would seem worth considering. It seems to be the most accepting. Unlike Christianity which is so judgmental in spite of preaching not to be.

Let me try it this way....religion is like sports. They are all different in their own way with different rules. But in the end, we should really only play in the sport we are good at.

Having said that..... I'm Canadian so our sport tends to be hockey. Ftr.... former catholic and my wife is Buddhist.

BB Proud
    01-30-15 09:22 PM
    Also....i read this post because i thought you lost faith in BlackBerry. Lol

BB Proud
    01-30-15 09:23 PM
    Ciao

Robertino BB-Z30
    +1

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 09:32 PM
    I stopped going to church a while ago because i came to believe that, if there is a God, humans are incapable of interpreting what he wants. No God would want us to kill another person in his name and yet, Christians, Jews and Muslims, who all share the same God, kill each other with such regularity.

Being a Christian is not your ticket into heaven. A whole lot of evil people claim to be christian.

I've studied a bit about some religions, and from what I've seen Buddhism would seem worth considering. It seems to be the most accepting. Unlike Christianity which is so judgmental in spite of preaching not to be.

Let me try it this way....religion is like sports. They are all different in their own way with different rules. But in the end, we should really only play in the sport we are good at.

Having said that..... I'm Canadian so our sport tends to be hockey. Ftr.... former catholic and my wife is Buddhist.

BB Proud
    Although I'm not a Buddhist or even considering it, I do like the philosophy of that way of life. Very human oriented, excepting of everyone and wanting to preserve the earth they way it should be.
    01-30-15 09:37 PM
    You might want to read how and why the Catholic religion was formed. Then come back here and explain to me how it's the fullness of truth.
    Do enlighten me I'm woefully ignorant
    01-30-15 09:40 PM
    Also....i read this post because i thought you lost faith in BlackBerry. Lol

BB Proud
    Never in BlackBerry . Thanks friend for the kind words

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 09:41 PM
    The bible brings 10 things we should live our lives by. Other than that I don't believe in religion, it is the cause of all or most all wars. I do believe in a higher power, God? I don't know, maybe something else.
    01-30-15 09:41 PM
    Do enlighten me I'm woefully ignorant
    I'm sure you can find plenty of resources on your own if you so wish, they are readily available.
    01-30-15 09:42 PM
41 12