I've been moderately overweight for most of my life now and I've finally got enough determination to get rid of it.

I started in early December, But the car accident I got into on the way home from the YMCA pretty much pushed everything back a few weeks, Anyhow my weight started at 337.5. My weight as of Thursday was 315.0!

22.5 Lost, But I have a ways to go. I hope to get under 300 before the end of February and down to 240-250 by my 21st birthday on Jan. 13th 2011.

Wish me luck.
    01-25-10 05:15 AM
    Wow! Congrats! Its such a tough thing to diet!sounds like you're doing fabulous!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 05:23 AM
    Good job. I know what it is like gaining weight, and trust me, getting under 300 is a good thing to do while you are younger. I gained a lot of weight in my 30's and waiting until I was 44/45 to do anything about it. So do it now while you are young and have the mind set to do it.

Tip... more veggies, less pizza (even if it is free). And stairs are your friend.

Weight loss is a three legged stool. Diet, Exercise and being Consistent, will be those legs and you need them all to make it work.
    You have some good goals, now just keep on track and don't make food as a reward for doing well with the diet and exercise.
    Use the thrift stores in your area to dump pants and shirts that are too big as soon as you can't wear them out in public and not look sloppy in them, and get smaller stuff that fits as soon as you can (also from the thrift stores).
    Last edited by BlkBear; 01-25-10 at 06:11 AM.
    01-25-10 06:02 AM
    WOW!! 22.5 lbs in a month and a half!!! Keep up the GREAT work.
    01-25-10 10:34 AM
    yea i've decided to do to the same thing a while ago.

you know the sick part of losing weigth....

if the avg person drinks one 16oz pop (what most call soda/soft drinks) per day. They will keep 10lbs of weight on per 16oz of soft drink...

I dropped down to one pop a day and i've drop 20 lbs like it was chump change....

if i can bring that (drinking Coke) to a grinding halt i'd be happy

BTW keep up the good work.

01-25-10 10:37 AM
    Congratulaions! Losing weight while being young is so much easier. I was thin until I had children and I kept that weight for 10 years. I went from 198 to 133 but at 40 years old it took me two years. I took the stairs every where that had them (still do) and ate lots of fruit and veggies. It worked! Good luck. I know you can do it!
    01-25-10 12:42 PM
    Nice work.
    Now if I could just cut these 15 -20 pounds I'd be feeling great.
    01-25-10 12:57 PM
    yea i've decided to do to the same thing a while ago.

I dropped down to one pop a day and i've drop 20 lbs like it was chump change....

if i can bring that (drinking Coke) to a grinding halt i'd be happy
    You can do it MJ,

And just sub water for the bulk of your drinking, and have the odd coke a couple of times a week. And the reason you dropped the weight was the reduction in the sodium and the sugar, both of which will cause you to retain fluid, and the extra calories from the sugar, don't help other than to allow you to store it as fat.

If you do decide to give up pop for say 6 months, you will notice a big drop in weight (especially if your clean up your diet), and you won't really want the daily pop by that time. So you can enjoy them as a treat instead of a daily mainstay, in your diet.
    01-25-10 02:25 PM
    Goodjob man! My Dad's fighting the same fight as you and while he isn't doing quite as well ( 12lbs in 4 weeks) he IS a bit older at 54

But anyways keep up the good work what everyone said here is good advice, give up the soda and try to keep away from snacks and junk food.
    01-25-10 02:44 PM
    Be proud of your determination. Keep the eye on your goal and realize you will have up and down days, but as you move towards that goal there will more up days. You have total support from everyone here. And I for one can say I am proud of you for not just doing so great but being able to pat yourself on the back for a job well done. Keep us all posted on your successes and lean on us when you need support.
    01-25-10 09:42 PM
    That's awesome. I'm trying to do the same thing. I was 225 about a month ago. I'm currently down to 215. My goal is to be under 180. I've been sick so I haven't been able to work out. No energy. I just feel like sleeping and doing nothing on my days off from work. Once I get well I'll be able to work out consistently. Keep it up!

01-26-10 01:01 AM
    As of Monday I'm down to 312.75. I'm not sure what I'm doing, But I'm doing it right!
    01-28-10 09:28 AM
    As of Monday I'm down to 312.75. I'm not sure what I'm doing, But I'm doing it right!
    Congratz! Glad to see you are still dropping that weight, now tell me your secret!!! lol!
    01-28-10 09:30 AM
    I lost 3 pounds since monday?
    01-28-10 11:58 AM
    How prada?
    01-28-10 12:13 PM
    Don't weigh yourself on a consistent basis. You'll feel the difference more by the
    way your clothes fit. Weigh yourself every 10 days or so, in the morning after a
    night workout. That's your real weight.

Oh and prada I could do 3 pounds in a day so don't be suprised.
    01-28-10 12:26 PM
    Its not so much the weight that bothers me, just the big tire around my waste. So not sexy!
    01-28-10 12:28 PM
    Run, run, run, run, run!
    01-28-10 12:31 PM
    Its a struggle for me to run since I am a smoker.
    01-28-10 12:32 PM
    Stop smoking?
    01-28-10 12:35 PM
    Yea its a little hard when I am stressed about a lot of things. Maybe once I start I am cut back.
    01-28-10 12:38 PM
    I'm also trying to lose a few pounds, 7-14 ideally. I like to run regularly so getting back into my running routine is key for me. I'm going on holiday at the end of March so I'd like to be a bit more toned by then.

The support of those around you is important in my opinion, especially if motivation is lacking. I have the greatest respect for anyone who genuinely wants to lose weight and puts their all into it.

01-28-10 01:11 PM
    Atkins diet! No more sode, just water...

We now your a fit superstar Senor POE!
    01-28-10 01:58 PM
    Didn't Atkins die of obesity?
    01-28-10 02:03 PM
    And so shall I!

But seriously... not everyone practices what they preach...

Maybe thats what happened to him-
    01-28-10 03:38 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD