I have currently decided to move to LA. I could use any advice u have on moving to ur city. Where is the best but affordable place to live? Negatives and positives on living in LA. I am convinced i want to move there next year. Just not sure where exactly. Help Please!!
    07-21-08 11:13 PM
    An affordale place to live in LA!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 11:15 PM
    In LA or outside.
    07-21-08 11:17 PM
    Living around USC's campus can be cheap...but that's because the area around the campus isn't too glamorous (definitely not bad though); and it's also cheaper because you can readily find roomates (whom are college students more likely than not)...and landlords know that student tenants don't demand a mansion..just a decent place to live at a fair price. So if you don't mind shacking up w/ college students (whether they're undergrad, masters, phd, etc.); go for it. Its definitely a cheaper alternative to L.A.'s rents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 12:06 AM
    Nothing inexpensive. Try looking at the smaller cities around Pasadena. Nice towns like Glendale, Altadena, Sierra Madre, Glendora, Monrovia, Arcadia, Duarte. Even Pasadena can be affordable if you look around - this is an older part of LA County, mature landscaping, California bungalos and craftsman homes. You need a good job before you go and expect to drive, a lot.
    Last edited by exelant; 07-22-08 at 01:10 AM.
    07-22-08 01:06 AM
    What are you moving for, school? If just to move then I suggest checking out the OC. I love it down here but Im biased.

Oh and I moved from MD a little over 2 years ago.
    07-22-08 03:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD