If anyone doesn't think Afghanistan is falling apart, just look at what's going in Pakistan. Taliban is moving on the capital of the Nuclear country.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 03:10 PM
    There is so much to say on this subject and how all this got started. Do some searches and see how this started. Its the old if we were nicer to them they woudnt be so angry ala woodrow wilson & neville chamberline leaugue of nations worked so well

04-22-09 04:39 PM
    Uh, not sure I get your point John. Yes the problem is Pakistan tried to appease the Taliban against American advice, and they are now seeing the taliban moving on the capital. Unnerving us to the point the Secretary of State was on Capital Hill preparing congress for American troops in that country to keep nukes out of their hands. But to say Wilson was like Chamberlain - who was in power decades later, is not true. Wilson struggled greatly against a isolationist congress to get us into the First World War, and was no dove or appeaser. He also proposed terms at the end of that war that probably would have prevented the rise of Hitler. I do study history and don't get a connection between Chamberlain, an ineffectual weak leader who appeased Hitler and Wilson, one of our truly great presidents

Last edited by exelant; 04-22-09 at 05:57 PM.
    04-22-09 05:55 PM
    This war has been long in the making. If you know anything about military strategy, moving into pakistan is a logical step for the US and the taliban. I'm sure the DOD has run thousands of sims for this. I wonder what the outcome is...

Vinnie

04-22-09 06:11 PM
    Hmmmmm.....I was wondering why I've had so much work lately.
    04-22-09 06:38 PM
    You don't make 'friends' with people that want you dead. You can't please them, they don't play nice with others.

You're gonna see a king-sized bag of fertilizer thrown into the windmills real soon. These jagoffs took away history education, we're gonna have to relearn it the hard way.

04-22-09 10:27 PM
    This war has been long in the making. If you know anything about military strategy, moving into pakistan is a logical step for the US and the taliban. I'm sure the DOD has run thousands of sims for this. I wonder what the outcome is...

Vinnie

That's what I'm thinking. People make a big deal out of who's in the White House, doesn't matter when it comes to whackos getting nukes. I think Hillary is planting the seeds in their minds, preparing them for the inevitable. Pakistan has a million man army on the Indian borders and their real enemy is at the back door. I don't see how we can stay out of it if the Taliban gets anywhere near the nukes. Musharraf's looking like a better leader every day. The lawyers who helped force him out are getting pretty nervous, the Taliban kill lawyers who disagree with them. The Marines might need you back.

04-23-09 03:22 PM
    This really comes down to 3 groups, the military and 2 opposing political parties all vying for and arguing about power, while the house is burning down around them. With a little "it's all India's fault" being the gasoline.
    Last edited by wnm; 04-23-09 at 03:52 PM.
    04-23-09 03:30 PM

Vinnie

Oh you can rest assured that this scenario has been "run to ground" a few times. Short and sweet...the war plans were dusted off a few years back and as of recently..."tactically modified".
    04-23-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD