You did put yourself in danger by following the driver. You should have just got his license plate number, called it in, and went home. If he had hit you, it would have been entirely your fault, not the cops for nto responding quickly enough.
    Exactly. Why in the world would you be following the driver after you've
    already called it in? You did your duty as a citizen. I don't know about
    London-Ontrario mang, but here around most of these parts you wouldn't
    have even lived to type the story the next day on Crackberry. Unless you're
    packing heat, call it in and don't follow a drunk driver.
    03-18-10 12:26 PM
    I live in a small town and I still wouldn't even follow a drunk driver. If the cops don't get them that time, they'll get them another time. Repeat drunk drivers NEVER stop until they either kill someone or themselves.

I have no sympathy for drunk driving. I had a friend in HS who always did it and shes only 20 years old and she just got her 3rd OUI. Sad that the state never takes her license away for more then a year.
    03-18-10 12:34 PM
    I have no sympathy for drunk driving.
    Neither do I. Had a friend from High School who got really intoxicated one
    night about 4 years after HS. Things were falling apart for him and he was
    REALLY drunk. He decided to go out driving and slammed himself on purpose
    into a brick wall in an open area. He was the only one in the car. I didn't
    even go to his funeral. That was selfish considering there are other drivers
    on the road. I don't regret not going and when his name comes up in convos
    with my friends I don't say a word.
    03-18-10 01:04 PM
    I always say to myself that my friend is going to end up dying that way and that I refuse to go to her funeral.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 01:07 PM
    The operator asked us to follow them to see what roads they were turning onto. They said there was a cop in the area that would be there in a couple minutes. We call back a second time to say he's following us and get a different operator who says he's following us out of retaliation.... You don't say!! Could we talk to the operator who sounded like they give a ****? Then we drive and drive with no cops to be found.

I'll be at Home Depot on saturday buying some tools for my car And if anything like this happens again, I'll take care of it. Pfft. Who makes this rule that you've got to leave your protection to the police? They don't give a crap Hope they like all the money we pay them

Hey I'm getting chased through town by some ******, can you send some help? No? Okay. That's all they had to say. Don't tell us help is coming and do nothing. I have no doubt in my mind that the calls were ignored. Message recieved I'll take care of myself from now on, thanks.
    03-18-10 08:45 PM
    The whole being chased thing is scary. I'd flip out. Luckily I usually have a shotgun in my truck.

My sister, her bf, and two of their friends were booze cruising a couple years ago on their friends parents property and some lunatic started to follow them. This guy started to smash into the back of their little Chevy Cavalier. Long story short, the guy totalled the car, they all ran into the woods, and the guy ended up getting arrested. I remember her calling me while it was happening. I can't imagine being there!

Oh and at one point when they were being chased, they stopped, and so did the guy in the other vehicle....he got out of his truck COMPLETELY nekkid.
    03-18-10 08:49 PM
    The whole being chased thing is scary. I'd flip out. Luckily I usually have a shotgun in my truck.

My sister, her bf, and two of their friends were booze cruising a couple years ago on their friends parents property and some lunatic started to follow them. This guy started to smash into the back of their little Chevy Cavalier. Long story short, the guy totalled the car, they all ran into the woods, and the guy ended up getting arrested. I remember her calling me while it was happening. I can't imagine being there!

Oh and at one point when they were being chased, they stopped, and so did the guy in the other vehicle....he got out of his truck COMPLETELY nekkid.
    That's crazy... We've had stuff like that happen here, but it's usually just road rage. They beat each other up and go to jail for the night And we can't carry our guns around But I figure a couple baseball bats should fit nicely in the trunk of my car

You want to look in the trunk officer? Yes... 5 baseball bats. One for each passanger.... I mean! I'm a baseball fanatic Yes...... Baseball....
    03-18-10 09:01 PM
    As a dispatcher, I've never heard of an officer not being sent out because of crank calls. Every call we get about reckless/intoxicated drivers is investigated. Also, if people are behind one, we instruct them not to speed or get too close to them. If they can be followed safely, fine. If not, we do our best to locate the driver. We've had many successful results. Even had people make it to their house and still get arrested for DUI.

03-19-10 05:56 AM
    Thanks CG, that's good to know.
    03-19-10 08:04 AM
    As a dispatcher, I've never heard of an officer not being sent out because of crank calls. Every call we get about reckless/intoxicated drivers is investigated. Also, if people are behind one, we instruct them not to speed or get too close to them. If they can be followed safely, fine. If not, we do our best to locate the driver. We've had many successful results. Even had people make it to their house and still get arrested for DUI.

Ya the dispatcher we got was so helpful with his sarcastic comments, letting us know there's a cop right around the corner and to drive slow and grab the plates and to call back when you get them... Thanks.... Thanks a lot

03-19-10 08:34 AM
    Ya the dispatcher we got was so helpful with his sarcastic comments, letting us know there's a cop right around the corner and to drive slow and grab the plates and to call back when you get them... Thanks.... Thanks a lot

Wow. You're quite welcome. Love the attitude.

03-19-10 11:05 AM
    Brad's a snitch.....
    03-19-10 01:41 PM

He's not talking about you. The ones we got were quite useless though. Maybe instead of looking at them as police officers, it's best to look at them as regular people. Some of whom suck at their job

Brad's a snitch.....
    I actually take drunk driving very seriously. I wouldn't call the cops if the neighbours were being loud, or if I knew one of them had a grow op But I can't stand someone who puts everybodys lives at risk out of... Laziness? Or just not giving a ****....
    03-19-10 10:55 PM

Huh ? I didn't even say anything to you?

03-19-10 11:01 PM
    Was directed at our helpful operator that we got..

03-19-10 11:19 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD