Logically, it's just a phone, right? A little technological gadget.

I've had many cell phones over the last 12 years, but my BB is the first that seems to have become a huge part of my daily life; an extension to my hand almost. It's not only a useful little tool that helps with everyday life, but is just plain fun.

I'm addicted. My BB can't even be in a different room. Why is this little thing so addictive? It's just a phone. . . it's just a phone. . . . . it's just a phone, with A LOT of cool other stuff!

Anyone else ever have a cell tower go out near their house and have their BB dead for several hours? Anyone else get an extremely uneasy feeling without your BB working? Why? I remember life before the internet! It wasn't that long ago. Logically, this just shouldn't be.

Anyone else have this problem with logic?
    09-30-08 08:36 PM
    Anyone else ever have a cell tower go out near their house and have their BB dead for several hours?
    That's what wi-fi models are for!
    09-30-08 08:42 PM
    It's just a phone. . . it's just a phone. . . . . it's just a phone, with A LOT of cool other stuff!
    It will never be just another phone....no matter how many times you tell yourself that!!!
    10-01-08 09:55 AM
    You mean I can make calls from this thing!?

Man now I can save my pocket change, and quit using pay phones!

LMAO
    10-01-08 10:07 AM
    Technically yes, it is just a phone. However, it's also an amazing business tool. The fact that I can operate just as effectively out of the office as in the office with my Blackberry is absolutely priceless to me. So yes, it is just a phone, technically, but it does so many other things - love it.
    10-01-08 10:10 AM
    BLASPHEMY !!!! It's a SMART phone !!!

10-01-08 10:29 AM
    Carol you are so right...... it is definitely a strange addiction, as I have never felt the way I do about any other phone I have used. The most customizable and stable!

But yes it is just a phone..........
    10-01-08 10:41 AM
    I swear the god these things must occasionally spray crack cocaine in our ears when we're using them.
    10-02-08 09:20 AM
    i feel you 100%. I cant even leave my berry on my computer desk as i walk outside to have a smoke at night. I take it everywhere. I am so addicted.
    10-02-08 11:00 AM
    This is not just a phone, it is a miracle! I can't imagine my life with my BB, or any phone for that matter. I wouldn't be able to survive...just kidding. It IS just a phone, but it is also soooo much more .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 11:16 AM
    i gaze upon my sweet Curve as she rests on her pillow I wipe the smudge from
    her screen as she blinks my menu at me.... her buttons are soft... wait It's just a phone it's just a phone.?????
    10-09-08 04:43 PM
    i gaze upon my sweet Curve as she rests on her pillow I wipe the smudge from
    her screen as she blinks my menu at me.... her buttons are soft... wait It's just a phone it's just a phone.?????
    Ok, I actually made myself laugh last night as I was going to bed.....I usually play a game or two of bookworm to relax, and as I got sleepy, I put my BB down beside me and found myself curling around it like I used to do with my favorite teddy bear to go to sleep.....ok, that is SAD, I thought and put it on the nightstand next to me.....

As I did that, I heard whimpers.....it was my dog, having dreams of his own.....for just for a second there......lol
    10-09-08 05:29 PM
    Blackberry is not your typical cell phone. It is more like a mini lap top you can make calls from. A cell phone is very limited. About all you can do is text, make and recieve calls, and if your lucky mobile web.
    12-19-09 03:34 PM
    Personally I wouldn't care if the phone part broke. I like using the internet, BBM, SMS/MMS, streaming music.

Talking on the phone is my least used feature. I would buy a BB that had no phone, just all the other stuff!

12-19-09 04:22 PM
    Just a phone? No way!!! This is a pocket full of functions I cannot imagine living without. Life is so much easier with a laptop equivalent in hand. Telephone functions are way secondary. LOL.

12-19-09 04:36 PM
    I don't think I even use the phone part as much as I use everything else. Wait...this is a phone right? Good...just making sure I wasn't doing something wrong.
    12-20-09 12:53 AM
    Hi, my name is Nalinith. I'm addicted to BlackBerry.
    12-20-09 01:28 PM
    I used to forget my cell phone all the time. I don't think that's EVER happened since I got a Blackberry. Picking up my Storm on the way out of the house is as important as putting on pants before leaving for the day.
    12-20-09 08:07 PM
    Gotta agree with you twester. Haven't forgotten my Blackberry once when I've left the house. I used to forget my other phones allllll the time.

12-23-09 12:26 PM
    It killed me yesterday since the outage made it just a phone!

12-23-09 12:31 PM
    More then just a smart phone, for me it stream lines my lifestyle, work, social, ect.

I had 1 black out at home once and my storm was in the yellow! Knowing I didn't have a source or power to change her I started to freak out a little, as crazy as that may sound my BB is my lifeline to work and social life.

So is it just a smart phone? No, its my tool to success!

12-28-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD