I recently lost a relative to Cancer. Ironically enough, it was this relative of mine that encouraged me to start a LiveStrong chapter in my neighborhood. I guess we take the people we have for granted, until one day you realize that they aren't there anymore

So, in order to fufill my pledge to LiveStrong, I start off with a LiveStrong wallpaper. It is available in the Downloads Section Here

If anyone has any ideas of Fundraising opportunities, or how we can show our support to those batteling cancer, please post it below. I greatly appreciate your input. You may PM me as well.
    Last edited by nextgates; 02-25-08 at 04:52 PM.
    02-25-08 09:14 AM
    Oh come on. Someone out there must have some ideas.
    02-25-08 04:52 PM
    I don't have any ideas, but I will support the cause. Cancer is how people die in my family (both sides!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-08 09:36 PM
    My company does a Cancer Walk each year. People get pledges from people they know. The pledge is so many dollars for each lap they walk on a trail of about 1/2 mile in length in a nearby park. It has always been very successful. With 47 retail locations the funds raised go to the nearest Hospice.
    02-25-08 09:46 PM
    i know how you feel i lost my dad to cancer 13 years ago maybe we could do something here on CB or something to raise some funds of course we will have to ask kevin.
    02-25-08 09:56 PM
    Thanks for your response guys. Support matters.

Cancer Walks are popular around here too. I believe that Hershey's does one. I wish that Hershey would support LiveStrong one of these days too, as well as Commerce. They are all dedicated to Four Diamonds Fund (don't get me wrong, they are a great organization too), but they have been for the past 11 years. Time to change it up
    02-25-08 09:57 PM
    i know how you feel i lost my dad to cancer 13 years ago maybe we could do something here on CB or something to raise some funds of course we will have to ask kevin.
    Yes, ask Kevin we must :-)

Wow that sounded creepy. But it would be cool to do a big CrackBerry thing. Maybe like a few percent of whatever sells a certain day to be donated to the Lance Armstrong Foundation. I'm sure they would love that. Maybe we can give out free wristbands that day for all orders too. I dont know, its 11PM at night, and I'm fresh out of ideas.
    02-25-08 09:59 PM
    Well, my school is hosting an event for St. Baldricks Day, where are all the participants raise pledges, and then on the last day, we all shave our heads, hennce the name Baldrick. I tis on St. Patricks day as well. They are a major company though here in Illinois, that donate 95% of their income to cancer research. I can wait to get my haircut!

02-26-08 07:34 PM
    My school is sponsoring an event for an organization called St. Baldrick's Day. It is on St. Patrick's Day, and everyone raises pledges, and on the final day, we all shave our heads. I am excited!

02-26-08 07:36 PM
    Sorry about the double post, I didn't think it went through the first time.

02-26-08 07:40 PM
    Maybe we could have some of our CrackBerry.com members out there that are familiar with PhotoShop to make up some special type of wallpaper(s). Maybe we could put them on the Wallpaper store on here and like Nextgate said have a percent of the profits go to cancer research. It wouldn't be easy, but it's very possible if you put your mind to it. This could become something very good.
    02-26-08 07:44 PM
    All excellent ideas, but maybe CB should start it's own [email protected] Chapter or group. That way all of us Crackberry addicts can really show our support while contributing to a cure!

I currently fold for Team Helix, but I'd switch to CB in a hearbeat if they formed their own team.

Reasons we fold.
    Last edited by wxboss; 02-26-08 at 09:43 PM.
    02-26-08 09:36 PM
    I HAVE A BB FOR WORK AND 1 FOR PERSONAL
    MY WORK 1 IS A 7100i (I HAVE A LIVE STRONG THEME FOR IT. )
    MY PERSONAL 1 IS A 8100 PEARL ( BUT IM TRYING TO FIND A THEME FOR MY PEARL IF ANY ONE CAN HELP I WOULD THANK YOU GREATLY.
    IM A STRONG LIVESTRONG SAPORTER MY DAD BADLED CANCER FOR 9 YEARS AND BEET 8 DIF KINDS BUT SADLY THE LAST ONE TOUK HIM FROM US
    THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERY 1 FOR EVERY THING
    SCOTT
    07-06-08 03:59 AM
    A group of friends and I have supported the ACS "Making Strides" for the past few years. We each picked something we're good at. One of us goes door to door since she's really good "making friends" with complete strangers, another knits blankets, winter hats, scarves... And I bake... Cupcakes, banana bread and cookies. This years I'm going to make braclets out of hemp, pink beads and a metal ribbon charm.
    Others have had golf charities, car washes, concerts w/ local musicians.
    Good luck!

07-06-08 06:45 AM
    Last year I was diagnosed with lymphoma. I was treated with chemo and I was in full remission in November. This March we found out that it has returned and it is now worse than it was before. I was going to have to get a bone marrow transplant, but right now they are trying to figure out if I need more chemo or the bmt. I have been raising money for the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society for the past year. It is also a good organization that I think may be affiliated with liveSTRONG. I appreciate anyone here who is actively helping find a cure.

Thanks,
    Josh
    07-08-08 07:56 AM
    Last year I was diagnosed with lymphoma. I was treated with chemo and I was in full remission in November. This March we found out that it has returned and it is now worse than it was before. I was going to have to get a bone marrow transplant, but right now they are trying to figure out if I need more chemo or the bmt. I have been raising money for the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society for the past year. It is also a good organization that I think may be affiliated with liveSTRONG. I appreciate anyone here who is actively helping find a cure.

Thanks,
    Josh
    Josh, Stay Strong , LiveStrong. We walk for and Run for several organizations here in our Home town. Our prayers are with you keep the Faith Bro. Good Luck and keep us informed.
    Van
    07-08-08 08:06 AM
    Both of my parents have battled cancer. Mom beat breast cancer, Dad lost his fight with cancer in '04. An Uncle, 2 friends, and a grandfather have all been taken by it. Now just this past Saturday, my wife's brother-in-law lost his battle. I've seen it too many times. My thoughts and prayers are with those currently battling the disease, those who have passed, and their friends and families.
    07-08-08 08:17 AM
    My screen right now -

07-08-08 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD