LOL I couldn't help laughing my head off after reading this article posted on Yahoo. Since the announcement of the finger scanner on the iPhone to log into the phone and make purchases with the touch of a finger, I have thought about little kids will eventually do these kinds of things when their parents are falling asleep haha.

Link to the article:
    Yahoo News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

Quoted from the article:

Apple’s newest and arguably most innovative feature on its new smartphones, the Touch ID fingerprint scanner, may have a small security flaw. While it certainly boasts some impressive technology, it isn’t perfect, as one little girl has figured out.
    Redditor iZeeHunter posted this image (presumably) of his daughter figuring out how to get around that new security feature.

You just know that smile says, “tee hee hee, I’m going to beat Dad’s high score on Candy Crush.”
    [ Related: iPhone 5s vs iPhone 5: What’s changed? ]
    The biometric sensor in the phone, located beneath the iPhone 5s’s home button, scans the finger of a user and, reading beneath the skin’s surface, verifies that it’s the correct user accessing the phone. It will also allow users to verify in-app purchases being made on the iPhone 5s, instead of having to enter your Apple ID password each time. The fingerprint data is encrypted and stored locally on the device (not on the iCloud), so there’s presumably no risk of your fingerprint information getting leaked in transmission.
    Safeguards are in place to make it impossible for latex molds of a fingerprint, severed limbs or corpses to be used to access a phone, so, uh, potential thieves, please leave my fingers intact. However this little girl has proven that if you’re asleep or passed out due to inebriation, your (supposed) friends and family may be able to have a bit of phone fun at your expense.
    Attached Thumbnails Little Girl Spots Security Flaw in Apple's iPhone 5S touch ID!-iphone5ssecurity.jpg  
    09-11-13 11:08 PM
    That's so damn cute! Lol

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-12-13 12:35 AM
    Far as I know, the fingerprint can be bypassed with a password , so the only benefit would be convenience ...no?
    09-12-13 12:44 AM
    Sneaks will find a way....
    09-12-13 12:47 AM
    That's really funny.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 02:02 AM
    That smile killed it for me. I laughed my head off when I scrolled down!

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    09-12-13 02:32 AM
    Far as I know, the fingerprint can be bypassed with a password , so the only benefit would be convenience ...no?
    I can imagine other possibilities. For example, using a program like 1password modified such that it could only be unlocked if the principle authentication was done with a fingerprint with a password as a second factor. Then even if you lost your phone and the thieves acquired your password in some other way your giant list of passwords is still safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-12-13 03:16 AM
    With the ability to purchase apps with the touch of a finger, I just can't imagine how it would feel like to wake up and find out that iTunes purchases accumulated to $10,000! And look to the kids' faces like this little girl's devilish smile.... is priceless lol

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    09-12-13 09:02 AM
    With the ability to purchase apps with the touch of a finger, I just can't imagine how it would feel like to wake up and find out that iTunes purchases accumulated to $10,000! And look to the kids' faces like this little girl's devilish smile.... is priceless lol

Posted via CB10
    Kids are ingenious as hell! Lol.

09-12-13 12:39 PM
    Kids are ingenious as hell! Lol.

Little kids are very smart when it comes to technology nowadays lol - monkeys see, monkeys do =)

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    09-12-13 01:19 PM
    I can imagine other possibilities. For example, using a program like 1password modified such that it could only be unlocked if the principle authentication was done with a fingerprint with a password as a second factor. Then even if you lost your phone and the thieves acquired your password in some other way your giant list of passwords is still safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    You're assuming that iPhone users will opt for security over convenience...
    09-13-13 12:41 AM
    Hah, made my day!
    09-13-13 05:54 AM
    Well looks like it's back to the drawing board for Apple LOL

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 05:55 AM
    Yeah. I'm sure that daddy's other smartphones were always locked whenever he put the phone down to go to the crapper so this is the first time she ever got the chance to get into his phone. Give me a break. You put your phone down unlocked multiple times a day. If your family and friends really want to do bad stuff to you then you are screwed in more ways than this. The guys car keys are probably sitting on the coffee table too.
    09-13-13 06:17 AM
    Yeah. I'm sure that daddy's other smartphones were always locked whenever he put the phone down to go to the crapper so this is the first time she ever got the chance to get into his phone. Give me a break. You put your phone down unlocked multiple times a day. If your family and friends really want to do bad stuff to you then you are screwed in more ways than this. The guys car keys are probably sitting on the coffee table too.
    Hahaha it's a joke! Calm down. Lol

09-13-13 08:01 AM
    As Undbiter said this is a joke, plus the fingerprint reader would still compromise your Apple ID credentials in such a situation. So even if the phone would be unlocked anyway, this ingenious little girl could still access daddy's account to any every game or song her little mind can think of.

09-13-13 09:01 AM
    As Undbiter said this is a joke, plus the fingerprint reader would still compromise your Apple ID credentials in such a situation. So even if the phone would be unlocked anyway, this ingenious little girl could still access daddy's account to any every game or song her little mind can think of.

Kids are devilishly adorable =)

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    09-13-13 09:07 AM
    If there's a will, there's a way

Z10 STL100-2 10.1.0.4181
    09-13-13 09:14 AM