LCD Monitor - Acer 21.5" HDMI, audio in, and built in speakers.
    Xbox 360 with HDMI.

When the xbox is plugged in the sound is coming out of the monitor, when speakers get plugged in to the audio in plug nothing happens. Any suggestions?
    04-29-09 07:33 AM
    where are you plugging those speakers, to the monitor or the xbox?

and suggestion, play it on a TV?
    04-29-09 08:10 AM
    the speakers are plugged into the monitor since there is nowhere for them to plugged into the xbox. The tv suggestion is great and ive already got that set up and now im lookin to do a diffrent set up.
    04-29-09 08:19 AM
    plugging in to the monitor probably wont work. is it an audio input or output?
    04-29-09 09:30 AM
    You'll need a monitor with audio out to hook to audio in of speaker. This is cuz without the speaker you could get the sound coming from the monitor when you hook in xbox to the audio in of monitor. Makes sense? I hope

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 10:40 AM
    Lol. Audio input or output... We've all seen those Idiots . If you've got that extra money to spend, go get a real stereo.... I don't even think my tv has an audio out, I've never checked....

04-29-09 10:09 PM
    Lol. Audio input or output... We've all seen those Idiots . If you've got that extra money to spend, go get a real stereo.... I don't even think my tv has an audio out, I've never checked....

damn dude, you are really everywhere.

and im sure your 13 inch b&w tv does NOT have the output...
    04-29-09 11:34 PM
    whao this went off topic.... the sound input on monitor as clearly stated above is audio in not out.

The issue once again is that when the xbox is connected via HDMI the sound comes out through the monitor not the speakers as desired. Please advice!
    04-30-09 11:10 AM
    the hdmi will carry the audio to the tv, since there is only inputs not output there will be no way to select where the audio is sent to except for the built in speakers.
    04-30-09 12:06 PM
    the hdmi will carry the audio to the tv, since there is only inputs not output there will be no way to select where the audio is sent to except for the built in speakers.
    ahhh....soon the student will become the master.

Buy a real TV BTW...

<<32" 1080p LCD FTW with a Sony 5.1 Bravia Surround Sound.... you hear the bullets wizzin' by yer head in GOW2
    04-30-09 12:12 PM
    ahhh....soon the student will become the master.

Buy a real TV BTW...

<<32" 1080p LCD FTW with a Sony 5.1 Bravia Surround Sound.... you hear the bullets wizzin' by yer head in GOW2
    was this meant to be some kind of joke? cuz if so i believe i kind of missed it. and if you wanted to be a smart@$$, go ahead and correct what i said if you feel it is wrong, but being as that was what i made a living doing, im pretty sure the info is correct
    04-30-09 03:34 PM
    was this meant to be some kind of joke? cuz if so i believe i kind of missed it. and if you wanted to be a smart@$$, go ahead and correct what i said if you feel it is wrong, but being as that was what i made a living doing, im pretty sure the info is correct
    no no no ... i'm seconding what you are saying. The monitor will not Power the speaker due to the lack of Computer Audio Drive via the monitor alone.

the second part was just a "get the TV statement"
    04-30-09 03:49 PM
    ok ok, i was like ummm i know what i am saying is valid i work in the industry, but yeah. a tv is needed or the end result can not be reached.

basically:

computer monitor - meant for pc gaming
    tv - meant for console gaming
    04-30-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD