Any of you guys see that new iPhone app "I Am Rich" that cost $1000 and does absolutley nothing but display a red gem? Apparantly 8 people bought it before Apple got rid of it within the first 24 hours. The idiocy of mac users never ceases to amaze me..
    Last edited by Angry American; 08-08-08 at 07:20 AM.
    08-08-08 07:15 AM
    I just read a thread about it on Viigo.. it's absolutely ridiculous! Can't believe someone actually bought it!
    08-08-08 07:19 AM
    Wow I spend a lot money on BB but I don't think I would ever spend money on something like that.
    08-08-08 07:19 AM
    that kills me lol not bad enough that they pay too much for their mac books
    08-08-08 07:38 AM
    these people spent $599 on a phone, that means that $1000 is a drop in the bucket to them.
    08-08-08 07:40 AM
    I can't believe that app made to apples app store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 07:41 AM
    these people spent $599 on a phone, that means that $1000 is a drop in the bucket to them.
    it's better spent on shoes, lol
    08-08-08 07:42 AM
    I can't think of anything thats a bigger waste of money, shoes would be better but heck even be better spent if you bought bottled air..
    Last edited by Angry American; 08-08-08 at 07:50 AM.
    08-08-08 07:47 AM
    Any of you guys see that new iPhone app "I Am Rich" that cost $1000 and does absolutley nothing but display a red gem? Apparantly 8 people bought it before Apple got rid of it within the first 24 hours. The idiocy of mac users never ceases to amaze me..
    I agree that is ridiculous!

But your generalization and condescending attitude aimed at Mac Users really does not please me!

I have been a loyal Mac User my entire life... and I do not consider myself to be snobbish, elitist, or the likes. I personally prefer using a Mac and I really enjoy my computer, but I would NEVER spend that much money on an application, especially one for a mobile device!! I know you are trying to point out the stupidity of these select few who purchased an entirely pointless application for their iPhone... but you should not lump all iPhone users into the same category, and you should really not lump iPhone users in along with Mac Users! A large chunk of iPod and iPhone users have probably never owned or used a Mac (unless in an Apple store)!

Targeting a group of people as large as all of the iPhone users and then making a generalization pointed at Mac Users really does not make sense There will be stupid people who flaunt there money on stupid crap wherever you look! Maybe you should target them, instead of all Mac Users...

I am an open-minded person who does not think I am an elitist. And, yes, I am a Mac User. And, yes, I prefer OSX Leopard over Windows XP or Vista. (I actually have an XP Pro SP3 virtual machine and Vista VM set up on my Mac)... just because I own a Mac does not make me an arrogant, b*tchy, snobby, elitist! I really enjoy my computer, but I do not think I am better than anyone else because I own it... and I will not stand on a street corner and preach for Apple.

Thank you for listening...
    08-08-08 07:48 AM
    I don't think it was intentionally directed at all Mac users but primarily iPhone users since it's an iPhone application.

We're all open-minded people here on CB. I'm a long-time Mac user as well & I definitely prefer it to Windows.. but I without doubt prefer my BB to the iPhone.
    08-08-08 07:53 AM
    yeah sorry, that was at iphone users. I use a mac at work and dont have any problems with it. it just irks me when i see someone paying 700 for a phone and then 8 people drop a grand on a worthless app. 8 people is 8 too many even if you happen have the money its not memory it fills or even the time to install it.
    08-08-08 08:01 AM
    I don't think it was intentionally directed at all Mac users but primarily iPhone users since it's an iPhone application.

We're all open-minded people here on CB. I'm a long-time Mac user as well & I definitely prefer it to Windows.. but I without doubt prefer my BB to the iPhone.
    Same here But, my point still remains...

Even if this was not intentionally directed at Mac Users, the original post lumps every single iPhone user into one big group!

I see the point of the original post, and I agree that buying a worthless app for $1k is completely absurd! What I do not understand is the flaming of iPhone users as a whole... and the comments about Mac Users!

yeah sorry, that was at iphone users. I use a mac at work and dont have any problems with it. it just irks me when i see someone paying 700 for a phone and then 8 people drop a grand on a worthless app. 8 people is 8 too many even if you happen have the money its not memory it fills or even the time to install it.
    I understand where you are coming from... but the iPhone is only one small example of ridiculousness like this!! There are so many pointless things in the world that people drop their money on, but that is their decision. Just because a small portion of a large group decides to act foolish with their money does not mean the entire group of people does the same. And once the Bold and Thunder come out... we may see some of this same sort of craziness. It happens everywhere...

I would not consider an iPhone or iPhone 3G to replace my BlackBerry, but other people may... and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. And just because they choose the iPhone over a BB does not mean they are all snobs and have a ton of $$ to throw around.

Just my opinion, take it or leave it...
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 08-08-08 at 08:07 AM.
    08-08-08 08:03 AM
    Opinions are welcome, that's what we're here to share - our opinions, knowledge..

Glad we're all on the same page

That app was just absurd, lol
    08-08-08 08:07 AM
    That app was just absurd, lol
    Totally agreed!
    08-08-08 08:09 AM
    I agree with you guys that its crazy but they had to know someone would buy it
    08-08-08 08:12 AM
    how much you think an "I'm Poor" app would cost me?
    08-08-08 08:19 AM
    how much you think an "I'm Poor" app would cost me?
    Only about $400
    08-08-08 08:21 AM
    i'm with you on that one!!!
    08-08-08 08:22 AM
    wow 1k... for a phone app... i wish I knew who actaully bought it cause if they have 1k for a "red gem" they got 1k for me..lol
    08-08-08 08:31 AM
    wow 1k... for a phone app... i wish I knew who actaully bought it cause if they have 1k for a "red gem" they got 1k for me..lol
    hahah, true. if they can spend a thousand on the image of a red gem, they can give away thousand to a real person..
    08-08-08 08:40 AM
    hahah, true. if they can spend a thousand on the image of a red gem, they can give away thousand to a real person..
    Lol thats what I'm talking about...."give me that cash fool...iphone user"..lol
    08-08-08 09:02 AM
    Wow. The things people do....

08-08-08 09:04 AM
    ********!!!
    08-08-08 09:40 AM
    why you hatin?

i bought 2... cuz im that ballerific..

i also sprinkle diamonds in everything i eat...

lmao.
    08-08-08 08:36 PM
    Its absurd to spend that much on a mobile device application,no matter who the maker is. That money could be Better used on something else.

08-08-08 09:39 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD