I have an old Toshiba laptop Satellite 1405-s151 that I got back in 2002. The video card in it is only a 16 meg thing that struggles to even play the ads in crackberry let alone youtube or anything like that! Other than that, the computer still works perfectly and I still use it every day. I have upgraded the memory.

My question is does anybody know if there is a video card that would work with the laptop expansion slots? Or any other ideas to help? I don't think my video card comes off the motherboard in this. I can't get the ones that use the USB ports because I don't even have USB 2.0 on here.

Just thought I would ask it in here! Thanks in advance for the advice!
    05-28-10 04:59 PM
    I very seriously doubt that you would have any upgrade options beyond upgrading the RAM.
    05-28-10 06:43 PM
    nope, you're SOL. its the drawback of laptops. but if its an 8 year old laptop, you got your moneys worth. if you want a cheap upgrade for just web browsing, wait until the holidays and get a cheap netbook. or an ipad.

if you want something for gaming, then you're looking at spending close to 1k just to get in the door.
    05-28-10 08:32 PM
    M11x maybe?
    Cheapest gaming Rig.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 12:17 AM
    Thanks for the advice! I figured just as much. For being an old machine it still runs really well and it doesn't have a single problem or broken part or anything! That's why I was toying with the notion to do something. It is just fine for simple web pages and email and I think that's where I will leave it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD