Hello everyone well tax time is close at hand I got plans to buy a laptop
    And well boils down to my 2 choices trying to see if any of you guys here
    Might be able to help me figure out which one is best yes I will be playing
    Games before anyone asks.. All right msi gx633 and the msi gx723 I been
    Looking around the net both laptops are under 1000$ which is great for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 04:10 PM
    Personally I'm not a big msi fan. Their boards have dropped in quality as of last. Had one die in 3 months.

What all do you do with the laptop?

Also amd or intel?

01-13-10 05:00 PM
    So you want to play games, you want a Notebook under 1000

What kinda usage are you using you give NO information

Will this notebook be something you will need to be using lots when away from a power source?
    Is this a Desktop replacement or a Desktop supplement .
    What is your TOP budget
    What is your desired Screen size.

IF you want Battery life you need a 9Cell battery,
    If you are always near a power supply, go with a 6 Cell, and save the money now, buy a 9Cell later if you must.

Keeping the budget under 1000 This
    ASUS N61Vg-A1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P8700(2.53GHz) 16" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT 220M - Retail

Looks quite nice,
    HDMI out is a feature I will be getting on my next notebook for sure.
    01-13-10 05:18 PM
    Ok msi 633 is an amd dual core 2.0 and the msi 723 is an Intel duo core 2.0 and they both sport the nvida 130m gt 512mb with turbo cache ... There on frostycomputers.com and been shown on youtube they both seem evenly match... I'm a gamer so to speak

01-13-10 05:22 PM
    I don't have a desktop the last one I built my ex took it which I have no pc and looking into something for gaming but portable

01-13-10 05:24 PM
    Why specifically are you sold on these MSI notebooks?
    I don't often read good things about MSI these days, They are most certainly not KNOWN for Notebook build quality.
    BUT if you are sold on them
    I always go Intel before AMD, unless I have an ATI Graphics Card, then I'll consider AMD.
    01-13-10 05:24 PM
    I'm big on gaming and msi I have had in the past alongside amd are great combo but add an ati graphics card oh man u can push that sucker good overclocking in terms I mean...

01-13-10 05:29 PM
    You are buying a CHEAP notebook, you are not even going to think about overclocking it I hope, it will overheat in a heartbeat,

your budget doesn't allow a prebuilt Notebook for OCing, if you want to OC a notebook you need a barebone build,

When was the Last MSI build unit you purchased, in 2000-2002 I loved my MSI motherboards, I had to move away from them to Abit due to build quality, Then Asus because of features.

Now I'm a notebook junky, I've got 3 on the go, hope to pick up a newone this summer.
    01-13-10 05:48 PM
    I'm not going to oc I'm talking about a desktop I built while back been like 5 years ago had a decent setup. I just want a good performance type laptop that will run any games out there without a pause or any hang ups of you know what I mean. I will post the direct link to each laptop I'm talking about I've seen them on youtube they will run cod mordern war which is going to be my 1st game I pickup I used to play counterstrike like it was crack so hopefully back to that game too

01-14-10 12:39 AM
    01-14-10 12:45 AM
    And here is the link to the other laptop in considering

MSI GX720 (MS-E7235) 17" Turbo Drive Gaming Laptop Nvidia 130-GT 512MB + Turbo Cache P7350 2.0 Ghz 4 gig 320 gig HD MS-1722

Those two links will show the specs ...
    There a year old but they will still perform well from the youtube videos I've seen on them there pretty much evenly match just need everyones opinion and any ideas would help

01-14-10 12:49 AM
    I had already googled Both Notebooks before I had made my posts. The Desktop and notebook market are different, and Build Quality over 5 years can change drastically.

NO 1000 Laptop will handle any game no problems maxed out, sorry to say, CoD, Normal settings, Sure, both yours will do it, So will the one I linked to, and Many others.

Review the components in your system of choice with others, notice graphic choices, Notice DDR2 vs DDR3's pay attention to that stuff.

if you MUST buy one of those 2 the GX720 is the one I would at the $799 or less price range
    01-14-10 05:25 AM
    ok DDr3 is faster better memory quality.... What about the fsb ? Does higher usally mean better ?

01-14-10 09:24 AM
    And here is the link to the other laptop in considering

MSI GX720 (MS-E7235) 17" Turbo Drive Gaming Laptop Nvidia 130-GT 512MB + Turbo Cache P7350 2.0 Ghz 4 gig 320 gig HD MS-1722

Those two links will show the specs ...
    There a year old but they will still perform well from the youtube videos I've seen on them there pretty much evenly match just need everyones opinion and any ideas would help

My HP Laptop is very similar to these specs except for the Nvidia card. I wanted to get the model with the Nvidia, but could not find one in the area. The P7350 processor makes a big difference. I have compared mine to other systems with lessor processors on a look and feel basis, and mine wins hands down.
    01-14-10 09:40 AM
    What model HP u have

01-14-10 10:09 AM
    What model HP u have

DV5t-1150US
    01-14-10 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD