As for the me buying an iPhone 5... not sure why this thread was so slow to get started!
    I delayed my daily visits to the Mobile Nations sister sites until yesterday...had to go back to find the post with the vid! Lol

Btw, 9 out of 10 times your response to a situation is perfect. This is one of those 9 times.
    09-23-13 09:25 AM
    Hey All,

I LOVE THREADS LIKE THIS. Makes me feel so special. Whether you all agree or disagree, get the story right or wrong, you've got passion and you care. Good stuff. I love passion.

Watch this podcast I'm recording RIGHT NOW dedicated just to this thread (along with other stuff like BBM launch, future of BBRY and CBRY, etc.). --> CrackBerry Live Podcast 102: Live from KOREA talking BBM launch weekend, future of BlackBerry, CrackBerry and more! | CrackBerry.com

I see lots of people are on the right track here on this thread and clearly GET IT. You've been following me for years, know my greater roll as Chief Media Officer behind the scenes running all our Mobile Nations sites. You also know I like to have fun...which means doing silly things from time to time (like buying $500 clock apps). You also know that all the editors on CrackBerry and all our sites get along well with all the other platforms. Knowing the competition is the only way to know your own favorite platform inside and out. Did you guys know that Phil, Dan and Rene from Android Central, WPCentral and iMore got Z10s at launch? Heck, I had iMore Rene at BlackBerry Live this year for a week with a Z10 helping us record BlackBerry Live. We all help each other out.

As for the me buying an iPhone 5... not sure why this thread was so slow to get started! We talked about it that morning on the CrackBerry blogs - CrackBerry Kevin talks iPhone 5s / 5c launch day antics w/ iMore's Rene Ritchie | CrackBerry.com When the video editing came back Rene got it posted up on iMore. I was going to toss my fun post up on CB too. Think I still will. Those of you who don't get it can make fun of me there there too. If you followed me on twitter that morning you'd also have seen the BlackBerry fun I had in that line.

Also kinda think it's funny that the exact same sort of "forum blow up" happened after I helped out Rene to cover the iPad launch last year. Hell, in that video I had to wear an iMore t-shirt. See:

You can't change history. When I do stuff outside of BlackBerry from time to time, it doesn't make me any less CrackBerry Kevin. It's part of me no matter what I do. Sometimes it's the full me. Sometimes there's other stuff I have to do too. Like this week I'm in Korea on Mobile Nations business.

Anyways.. gonna record this podcast up then go to bed. Watch it. And go from there. And if you're still hating.. chillax dudes.
    You need a t-shirt with a pic of that iPhone on
    I still think you're paid too much...

Great podcast Kevin.
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    09-23-13 09:30 AM
    Hey All,

I LOVE THREADS LIKE THIS. Makes me feel so special. Whether you all agree or disagree, get the story right or wrong, you've got passion and you care. Good stuff. I love passion.

Watch this podcast I'm recording RIGHT NOW dedicated just to this thread (along with other stuff like BBM launch, future of BBRY and CBRY, etc.). --> CrackBerry Live Podcast 102: Live from KOREA talking BBM launch weekend, future of BlackBerry, CrackBerry and more! | CrackBerry.com

I see lots of people are on the right track here on this thread and clearly GET IT. You've been following me for years, know my greater roll as Chief Media Officer behind the scenes running all our Mobile Nations sites. You also know I like to have fun...which means doing silly things from time to time (like buying $500 clock apps). You also know that all the editors on CrackBerry and all our sites get along well with all the other platforms. Knowing the competition is the only way to know your own favorite platform inside and out. Did you guys know that Phil, Dan and Rene from Android Central, WPCentral and iMore got Z10s at launch? Heck, I had iMore Rene at BlackBerry Live this year for a week with a Z10 helping us record BlackBerry Live. We all help each other out.

As for the me buying an iPhone 5... not sure why this thread was so slow to get started! We talked about it that morning on the CrackBerry blogs - CrackBerry Kevin talks iPhone 5s / 5c launch day antics w/ iMore's Rene Ritchie | CrackBerry.com When the video editing came back Rene got it posted up on iMore. I was going to toss my fun post up on CB too. Think I still will. Those of you who don't get it can make fun of me there there too. If you followed me on twitter that morning you'd also have seen the BlackBerry fun I had in that line.

Also kinda think it's funny that the exact same sort of "forum blow up" happened after I helped out Rene to cover the iPad launch last year. Hell, in that video I had to wear an iMore t-shirt. See:

You can't change history. When I do stuff outside of BlackBerry from time to time, it doesn't make me any less CrackBerry Kevin. It's part of me no matter what I do. Sometimes it's the full me. Sometimes there's other stuff I have to do too. Like this week I'm in Korea on Mobile Nations business.

Anyways.. gonna record this podcast up then go to bed. Watch it. And go from there. And if you're still hating.. chillax dudes.
    NO YOU ARE TEH DEBBIL AND A TRAITOR!! BURN THE WITCH!! BURRRRRRRRRRRRN!!

I don't know how you do it, dude. Seriously. I agree, though, I was surprised it took as long as it did to see the thread.
    09-23-13 09:31 AM
    Jeez, Kevin, if you aren't careful some people at other sites may post super mean stuff about you because of how evil you are, single handedly destroying BB and buying iPhones.

The power you wield.

😁
    09-23-13 09:37 AM
    Guise, there is a thread at iMore with a YouTube video.. it's Kevin smashing a Z30 with a hammer.
    DS1331 likes this.
    09-23-13 10:06 AM
    Guise, there is a thread at iMore with a YouTube video.. it's Kevin smashing a Z30 with a hammer.
    Uhh.. I smashed a PlayBook with a Hammer.. and that was done on CrackBerry. A symbol of the frustration of the community. :/

RIP BlackBerry PlayBook: 2011 - 2013 | CrackBerry.com
    reeneebob, xandermac and MERCDROID like this.
    09-23-13 10:09 AM
    Uhh.. I smashed a PlayBook with a Hammer.. and that was done on CrackBerry. A symbol of the frustration of the community. :/

Oh, do we all remember that day! Get some sleep, dude.
    09-23-13 10:14 AM
    Good night! For realz now. LOVE YOU LONG TIME CRACKBERRY NATION... FOR REALZ!
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    09-23-13 10:16 AM
    It never ceases to amaze me how people get so worked up over things that really don't matter. They are just phones. The are not the key to life. They will not unlock the secrets of the universe. I love my Z 10, but I also love my Samsung GSIII. So what? They are just phones!
    09-23-13 10:21 AM

I remember that...
    09-23-13 10:24 AM
    what exactly is luxurious about a gold iphone 5S as opposed to a graphite iphone 5S????
    A color that is assigned to wealth arbitrarily. It isnt even all that uncommon a mineral, and paint is definitely cheap
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-23-13 10:41 AM
    Lucky lucky man.
    09-23-13 12:18 PM
    Good response from Kevin. But way too long of a post. Why would he have to defend himself?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-24-13 02:16 AM
    And why not?

STL100-1/10.1.0.4181/Smart
    09-24-13 03:11 AM
    And why not?

Because everyone has the right to decide for themselves what they like and spend their money at?

shaleem likes this.
    09-24-13 03:31 AM
    Because everyone has the right to decide for themselves what they like and spend their money at?
    Not only that but he also has the right to speak of what he feels. If I was on Kevin's shoes, I would be hurt in some way because after being someone who founded a site dedicated to something he ultimately love, he is treated as a "traitor" by some people just because he bought a gold iPhone 5S. It's perfectly fine to prove them wrong.

09-24-13 05:13 AM
    But he bought a $1500 GOLD IPHONE!!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:28 AM
    But he bought a $1500 GOLD IPHONE!!

Posted via CB10
    So? I think it's hilarious cos Kevin owns watches that cost more than that iToy!!
    09-24-13 08:37 AM
    iToy, good one! Hey, Did you know 3 year old iPhones are still supported by the manufacturer and hasn't been EOLd after 6 months like those BB10 devices?

So? I think it's hilarious cos Kevin owns watches that cost more than that iToy!!
    mikeo007 and FrankIAm like this.
    09-24-13 08:45 AM
    iToy, good one! Hey, Did you know 3 year old iPhones are still supported by the manufacturer and hasn't been EOLd after 6 months like those BB10 devices?
    I did know that. Maybe BlackBerry will support their devices longer now... oh, nevermind...
    09-24-13 01:55 PM
    Yeah but he bought a GOLD IPHONE!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:29 PM
    Yeauh, because his $1500 would save blackberry. Maybe the $2500 he'll get when he sells it will save blackberry tho.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    Serious question: why do you post on a blackberry centric site?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:39 PM
    Serious question: why do you post on a blackberry centric site?

Posted via CB10
    Because he started here, has friends here, and is allowed to as a rule abiding member of mobile nations. That's why.

Mobile Nations Trusted Member
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-25-13 12:55 AM
    Not only that but he also has the right to speak of what he feels. If I was on Kevin's shoes, I would be hurt in some way because after being someone who founded a site dedicated to something he ultimately love, he is treated as a "traitor" by some people just because he bought a gold iPhone 5S. It's perfectly fine to prove them wrong.

His defend wasn't that strong, actually. If he wanted to prove people wrong, like you say, he should have just said that he's allowed to buy whatever he wants. And post a link to his podcast.

09-25-13 04:55 AM
    Looks like it was a smart purchase. One sold for over $10,000 on ebay. Tidy profit to be made there.

Http://pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2424808,00.asp
    09-25-13 09:48 AM
282 ... 9101112