Kevin's got more money than sense!! Mobile Nations are paying him too much...
    Why is that? The video is driving traffic to the site, has become a trending topic on CRACKBERRY. Mission accomplished I would say
    09-23-13 08:34 AM
    Says "The golden one" ..... With the Gold Roulette wheel avatar (sorry, that's just a gaudy car wheel, my bad)

Was the "luxury" device necessary?
    09-23-13 08:37 AM
    Haha even guys over at Imore are making fun of Kevin. Poor guy

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:37 AM
    Does the Crackberry staff carry multiple platforms? Sure....i would hope so, for the sake of testing and comparison. But to pick up a device for the sake of testing and comparison, couldn't a regular device suffice? Was the "luxury" device necessary?

Regular device = testing, comparing
    Luxury device = just seems UnCrackberry like.

Just my 2 pennies......

Posted via CB10
    what exactly is luxurious about a gold iphone 5S as opposed to a graphite iphone 5S????
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-23-13 08:39 AM
    Does the Crackberry staff carry multiple platforms? Sure....i would hope so, for the sake of testing and comparison. But to pick up a device for the sake of testing and comparison, couldn't a regular device suffice? Was the "luxury" device necessary?

Just my 2 pennies......

Posted via CB10
    He paid more for the Porsche designed BlackBerry he bought and that is a luxury device. This iPhone is for Rene and the iMore staff, they had a conversation on twitter that morning
    09-23-13 08:40 AM
    what exactly is luxurious about a gold iphone 5S as opposed to a graphite iphone 5S????
    It's goooooollld
    Kevin Michaluk buys a 00 gold iPhone 5S!-396capture_goldmember04.jpg
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    09-23-13 08:41 AM
    It's goooooollld
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	396capture_goldmember04.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	204659
    Wasn't there a gold and white Pearl once?

what about that abomination that is the Porsche design 9900? That was 2K bucks. But THAT is money well spent?????
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-23-13 08:42 AM
    09-23-13 08:47 AM
    His money. He can do with it what he pleases. He is a strong supporter of BlackBerry. If I had extra disposable income I would have bought one as well. Good on him!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:47 AM
    Shut up old man Jenkins! No offense

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:48 AM
    Can you guys start posting the podcasts in iTunes again?
    09-23-13 08:52 AM
    Yup it's on the list - will try to get them in there ASAP
    rayz336 likes this.
    09-23-13 08:56 AM
    Thanks!!
    09-23-13 08:56 AM
    so do you have a problem with hi having a job just because BlackBerry shuts down.
    BTW he has been doing thins even when BlackBerry launched. As part of Mobile Nations, CrackBerry, iMore, Android Central, wpcentral they learn to appreciate all products.
    I know for a fact that Dan Rubino from wpcentral appreciated BB10 whenever he is asked but both Kevin and Dan went head to head (all in good spirit) when some site was about to have a winner in a poll (i think laptopmag) promoting BlackBerry and Nokia respectively. Are they not allowed to like any other phone. Are they cheating on the phone. Is there some sort of exclusivity that anyone pays him for.
    He has always claimed he is a tech enthusiast.

I would now like to see if Kevin is the troll killer, how does he kill the trolls today who are trolling him.

Now we know what his new job going to be after CrackBerry.com shuts down!
    09-23-13 08:57 AM
    Wouldn't this just lead to more anger? I can set some folks getting mad at that... LOL.
    09-23-13 08:57 AM
    Wouldn't this just lead to more anger? I can set some folks getting mad at that... LOL.
    Some people may get mad about that but they've been in iTunes up until August, #97 if I'm not mistaken
    09-23-13 09:00 AM
    He can spend his money however he wants to. Would I spend that on any phone, no. But I waste some of my money on dumb stuff too.
    pantlesspenguin and MERCDROID like this.
    09-23-13 09:04 AM
    Cant he have an iPhone in the way he likes? Buying iPhone will not make me a less of a BB fan / loyal.
    If I had my way, I would have bought a Z10, Q10, Z10, HTC One and a iPhone 5S but have budget restrictions (mostly budget restrictions from the fiance). So I keep the phone I like the most - the Z10.
    He does not have the budget restrictions and is free to buy a phone to enjoy (not necessary for testing). It will not make him any less of a BB fan than he is considering he has been largely responsible in what the CB community is today.

This is the problem I have with any crazy phone zealot. You have taken it way too far into your lives. They are phones for God's sake.

Just my 2 pennies......

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:04 AM
    Shut up old man Jenkins! No offense

Posted via CB10
    Wow.
    09-23-13 09:09 AM
    I wonder what Bla1ze would do if Kevin gifted him the gold iPhone
    09-23-13 09:13 AM
    Hey All,

I LOVE THREADS LIKE THIS. Makes me feel so special. Whether you all agree or disagree, get the story right or wrong, you've got passion and you care. Good stuff. I love passion.

Watch this podcast I'm recording RIGHT NOW dedicated just to this thread (along with other stuff like BBM launch, future of BBRY and CBRY, etc.). --> CrackBerry Live Podcast 102: Live from KOREA talking BBM launch weekend, future of BlackBerry, CrackBerry and more! | CrackBerry.com

I see lots of people are on the right track here on this thread and clearly GET IT. You've been following me for years, know my greater roll as Chief Media Officer behind the scenes running all our Mobile Nations sites. You also know I like to have fun...which means doing silly things from time to time (like buying $500 clock apps). You also know that all the editors on CrackBerry and all our sites get along well with all the other platforms. Knowing the competition is the only way to know your own favorite platform inside and out. Did you guys know that Phil, Dan and Rene from Android Central, WPCentral and iMore got Z10s at launch? Heck, I had iMore Rene at BlackBerry Live this year for a week with a Z10 helping us record BlackBerry Live. We all help each other out.

As for the me buying an iPhone 5... not sure why this thread was so slow to get started! We talked about it that morning on the CrackBerry blogs - CrackBerry Kevin talks iPhone 5s / 5c launch day antics w/ iMore's Rene Ritchie | CrackBerry.com When the video editing came back Rene got it posted up on iMore. I was going to toss my fun post up on CB too. Think I still will. Those of you who don't get it can make fun of me there there too. If you followed me on twitter that morning you'd also have seen the BlackBerry fun I had in that line.

Also kinda think it's funny that the exact same sort of "forum blow up" happened after I helped out Rene to cover the iPad launch last year. Hell, in that video I had to wear an iMore t-shirt. See:

You can't change history. When I do stuff outside of BlackBerry from time to time, it doesn't make me any less CrackBerry Kevin. It's part of me no matter what I do. Sometimes it's the full me. Sometimes there's other stuff I have to do too. Like this week I'm in Korea on Mobile Nations business.

Anyways.. gonna record this podcast up then go to bed. Watch it. And go from there. And if you're still hating.. chillax dudes.
    09-23-13 09:13 AM
    SEE! Nice as F****** pie!.. What an absolute gent...

Hey All,

I LOVE THREADS LIKE THIS. Makes me feel so special. Whether you all agree or disagree, get the story right or wrong, you've got passion and you care. Good stuff. I love passion.

Watch this podcast I'm recording RIGHT NOW dedicated just to this thread (along with other stuff like BBM launch, future of BBRY and CBRY, etc.). --> CrackBerry Live Podcast 102: Live from KOREA talking BBM launch weekend, future of BlackBerry, CrackBerry and more! | CrackBerry.com

I see lots of people are on the right track here on this thread and clearly GET IT. You've been following me for years, know my greater roll as Chief Media Officer behind the scenes running all our Mobile Nations sites. You also know I like to have fun...which means doing silly things from time to time (like buying $500 clock apps). You also know that all the editors on CrackBerry and all our sites get along well with all the other platforms. Knowing the competition is the only way to know your own favorite platform inside and out. Did you guys know that Phil, Dan and Rene from Android Central, WPCentral and iMore got Z10s at launch? Heck, I had iMore Rene at BlackBerry Live this year for a week with a Z10 helping us record BlackBerry Live. We all help each other out.

As for the me buying an iPhone 5... not sure why this thread was so slow to get started! We talked about it that morning on the CrackBerry blogs - CrackBerry Kevin talks iPhone 5s / 5c launch day antics w/ iMore's Rene Ritchie | CrackBerry.com When the video editing came back Rene got it posted up on iMore. I was going to toss my fun post up on CB too. Think I still will. Those of you who don't get it can make fun of me there there too. If you followed me on twitter that morning you'd also have seen the BlackBerry fun I had in that line.

Also kinda think it's funny that the exact same sort of "forum blow up" happened after I helped out Rene to cover the iPad launch last year. Hell, in that video I had to wear an iMore t-shirt. See:

You can't change history. When I do stuff outside of BlackBerry from time to time, it doesn't make me any less CrackBerry Kevin. It's part of me no matter what I do. Sometimes it's the full me. Sometimes there's other stuff I have to do too. Like this week I'm in Korea on Mobile Nations business.

Anyways.. gonna record this podcast up then go to bed. Watch it. And go from there. And if you're still hating.. chillax dudes.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    09-23-13 09:15 AM
    Says "The golden one" ..... With the Gold Roulette wheel avatar (sorry, that's just a gaudy car wheel, my bad)
    Lol. You should see the rest of the car

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:16 AM
    Whatever, Kevin. We think you need to post all purchases you're contemplating for prior approval.

Why? Because posting gives us veto power in your personal affairs. I read it in the TOS.

Seriously, you are one patient, patient man.
    09-23-13 09:16 AM
    Nothing but the price. That's why I quoted "luxury"

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:18 AM
282 ... 89101112