C'mon, people! Kevin was just having fun! If I understood correctly, because he got the Gold iPhone 5S first than iMore's Rene, he expects the other one to do the same thing to him, by getting a Z30. Some might be forgetting that Kevin is the man who created this site, CrackBerry, to share his addiction with BlackBerry and meet people who shares the same passion.

STL100-1/10.1.0.4181/Smart
    09-23-13 12:24 AM
    Kevin should buy eleventy billion Z10 because YOU say so.
    Get a grip.
    It's elevenenenty, not eleventy :P
    09-23-13 12:26 AM
    But but Kevin bought a $1500 GOLD IPHONE!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 12:43 AM
    But but Kevin bought a $1500 GOLD IPHONE!

Posted via CB10
    And the richest man in India bought himself a gold toilet. So what???
    09-23-13 12:45 AM
    He has always had an iPhone. So do the other Mobile Nations editors have BlackBerry and appreciate it. He enjoys all but loves and roots BlackBerry. Give the guy a break man.
    Like he said paid much more for the porsche 9981 and I will never find a phone with the guts of a 9900 reasonable at that price. BlackBerry wins hands down here guys.

Posted via CB10
    badiyee likes this.
    09-23-13 12:57 AM
    I think people at CB look up to him as a die hard BlackBerry fan...On the day that BlackBerry is going through its worst time with massive layoffs and Shareholders losing so much money, I don't think it was a great idea to shoot this vedio and pay absurd amount of money to get first I5.

Posted via CB10
    I don't he has ever portrayed the problem as a BlackBerry vs Apple.
    You have to realize all companies are doing an amazing job and as a tech enthusiast, you will want to experience anything new that comes out.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:00 AM
    Uhm, this has been said many times, but Kevin has multiple devices. And he kind of needs to for his job. If I'm going to have someone telling me the virtues of having a BlackBerry over an iPhone, he'd better be pretty well versed with iPhone. I'm shocked people are shocked by this. I'm shocked I'm agreeing with someone I never thought I'd agree with on any subject.

People are upset that he spent 1500 dollars? Well, keep in mind, he paid that much to buy a voucher from someone else in line. So take comfort in the fact that Kevin did not give apple 1500 bucks, but just some schmo in the line. Our fearless crackberry leader did not hand over 1500 bucks to apple. Is that better? It is to me.

And Zten, you are the creator of one of my fave posts of all time on CB. And I don't think it was you that got it shut down, but the antagonists that consistently start trouble in the threads. At least I hope so, or the mods need to be retrained. But in this case, I'm thinking calm down? What's happening with BlackBerry is horrible. And I'm angry too, but I think this is something we should not be wsting or time on.

Posted via CB10
    shief24 likes this.
    09-23-13 01:03 AM
    Yes it's his money blah blah blah. I still think he is an Apple user and pretends to be into BlackBerry because that's his 'role' here. Yes it's his money blah blah blah, blah blah blah. But he lost his credibility as an editor of a BLACKBERRY site.
    Major BS....
    09-23-13 01:55 AM
    It's not 24k gold with diamonds. Any Joe blow can buy it. Like many people on here they have many different phones. Many have iPhones and a new Bb10 device.

This thread was pointless from the start.
    09-23-13 01:56 AM
    Yeah it's his money and blah blah blah. Next, we will see Thorsten Heins buying gold iPhone for $20,000. He probably needs it too for seeing how competition is doing. BTW, good job moderators for deleting all the comments saying anything negative about Kevin buying iPhone. Great Job with that.
    09-23-13 02:07 AM
    It's not 24k gold with diamonds. Any Joe blow can buy it. Like many people on here they have many different phones. Many have iPhones and a new Bb10 device.

This thread was pointless from the start.
    Not really. Just wanted to share a video of Kevin's that appeared on iMore & YouTube
    09-23-13 02:08 AM
    Thanks birdman for posting this video and exposing the truth.

Someone needed to say it.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:18 AM
    Go Kevin !
    Ragwan likes this.
    09-23-13 02:38 AM
    Uhm, this has been said many times, but Kevin has multiple devices. And he kind of needs to for his job. If I'm going to have someone telling me the virtues of having a BlackBerry over an iPhone, he'd better be pretty well versed with iPhone.
    This is a flawed argument.

While it is true that mobile editors need to be aware of other options, you don't spend a 900 USD premium for the luxury version of a product you don't even like. Most individuals would buy the most basic version of the product for something that they don't care about or intend to use only use for work. Clearly Kevin uses his iPhone regularly and likes it.

And there is no evidence Kevin really is Team Blackberry over iPhone. He founded Crackberry during a different time when Blackberries were cutting edge stuff. Times have changed. What if a tech editor wanted to jump ship? Is he not allowed to do that?

Ultimately, this makes it more likely that Kevin is in Apple territory. Furthermore, his recent silence with regards to Blackberry doesn't instill much confidence of his loyalty to the brand.
    09-23-13 02:39 AM
    Some of the postings on here are just ridiculous, seriously why should we concern ourselves with what Kevin buys???

Seriously, some of y'all needs to step away from the site and learn to not have tissue thin skin....

If I had the cash, I would've gotten the faux gold iphone for novelty, then turn around and make a mint off it...
    TGR1 likes this.
    09-23-13 02:53 AM
    let us know how it is, kevin
    21stNow likes this.
    09-23-13 03:31 AM
    apple mania at its best,see the brand image
    09-23-13 03:53 AM
    It's his money to burn but it did come off a little odd when in the same podcast they say how sorry the are for the thousands being fired at BlackBerry.
    Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    That unfortunatly what came on my mind first when saw that!
    His money anyway for sure!
    09-23-13 04:10 AM
    We're is Kevin..... Maybe he in another que to buy the 5c

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    09-23-13 04:27 AM
    wow now i want to buy gold iPhone 5S ..even if ios 7 very ugly
    09-23-13 04:33 AM
    The judgement in this thread is sadly indicative of the direction these forums have taken over the last few days, with all kinds of controversy going on. I used to feel this was a community that I felt proud to be a part of. After this weekend, it seems more like a cult with lynch mob mentality. Very sad indeed...

For the record, I have only ever owned BlackBerries, but I still have an open mind and attitude about other devices/technology, not to mention people's rights to do whatever they want.
    09-23-13 04:43 AM
    His choice to buy, glad he has it, but with all that has gone recently with BB it seems to be in poor taste, then to broadcast it...
    09-23-13 05:41 AM
    Thanks birdman for posting this video and exposing the truth.

Someone needed to say it.

Posted via CB10
    get a grip. what's there to be "EXPOSED" of? Goodness gracious, get off your high horse, please. Or stop smoking whatever you're smoking.

Kevin has made public about his iphone, then again who are you or we or anybody to judge on him whether he buys an iphone, smartphone, featurephone, powerphone, a silly phone or a dumbphone for the matter? You have the rights? You're that entitled?

Like, WOW, just .... WOW!
    09-23-13 05:53 AM
    CAN i HAVE IT?
    09-23-13 05:59 AM
    Golddigger

Nah, he should do whatever he wants. I hate Apple products, but love the Android app catalogue. Maybe he feels the same wat about the iOS app catalogue.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-23-13 06:08 AM
282 ... 56789 ...