What happened?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:26 PM
    You guys are missing the point! Kevin bought a $1500 GOLD IPHONE!!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:29 PM
    You guys are missing the point! Kevin bought a $1500 GOLD IPHONE!!

Posted via CB10
    We know. It's in the title. His money, he can do as he please. Still cheaper than his Porsche Design BlackBerry P'9981.
    09-22-13 09:32 PM
    He had to have it for BBM testing purposes. Give the man a break.
    09-22-13 09:44 PM
    He had to have it for BBM testing purposes. Give the man a break.
    Well, his iPhone 4, 4s or 5 could run BBM so maybe that's not it.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    09-22-13 09:50 PM
    He just Loves his Iphones sooooo much and there is nothing wrong with that!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:51 PM
    It is his right to do what ever he pleases, bad timing to broadcast his purchase when the Blackberry community is looking to him for guidance and leadership. Not bashing him just saying.... I am also a four platform eco type but I am BlackBerry to the core so I don't care he has other platforms that's needed in his broader business. Just damn high profile purchase at a tough time for us Blackberry faithful. It bugged me a lil

Lilly's hand stitched Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2.0.1745
    beamolite likes this.
    09-22-13 10:41 PM
    He went on a tour and used phones from every platform last year. I don't think this makes a difference. Yeah it was expensive but so what its his thing to buy crazy expensive things. I can't imagine someone like him with just one platform or else he wouldn't be able to give unbiased comparison. Kevin if you're reading this I have a Z10 and gold spray paint for 2k. PM me i'll get back to you.
    09-22-13 11:03 PM
    That's interesting, I wonder if the staff of this site actually use iPhones but pretend to use BlackBerries to draw in 'suckers' like us. It's just their job after all.
    He works for mobile nations too bro which is all platforms. If I had his money I would prob do the same.

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-22-13 11:05 PM
    Kevin has never been known as thrifty... . heck the iphone was a good deal compared to the blackberry app he bought.

The $500 Desktop Clock App for BlackBerry that I was dumb enough to buy... | CrackBerry.com
    09-22-13 11:06 PM
    It's his money to burn but it did come off a little odd when in the same podcast they say how sorry the are for the thousands being fired at BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    09-22-13 11:09 PM
    It's his money to burn but it did come off a little odd when in the same podcast they say how sorry the are for the thousands being fired at BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    His buying of 1 iPhone did not topple BlackBerry. It is not odd at all. You can feel sorry for them without having to compromise your own standard of living.

Posted via CB10
    LazyEvul and MERCDROID like this.
    09-22-13 11:14 PM
    It's like rubbing salt on Blackberries wounds....Go buy a Z30 from Malaysia

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:27 PM
    You know, I read this when birdman first posted it and thought it might draw some ridiculous responses, but I'm still blown away. Really, people? Really?

Posted via CB10
    Really! The mental state and emotional state of some of the posters are questionable. Let's hope it reflects the much younger members of this Site. When I said younger as in early teens and below. Otherwise, we need better mental health care for these people.
    TGR1, MarsupilamiX and Ragwan like this.
    09-22-13 11:28 PM
    I think most people are a little confused by this because he paid $1500 not because he got an iPhone. I think most people know he has devices from all platforms. Heck if you're going to compare your favourite phone, you need ot know what to compare it to.

Why wouldn't he go to ANY other location and get one at normal price? Heck in Toronto there weren't many lineups and where there were it was only like 15 ppl...lol Kevin be fiscally responsible with your money! who knows how long us crackberry addicts will be around for ! :P
    09-22-13 11:34 PM
    I think people at CB look up to him as a die hard BlackBerry fan...On the day that BlackBerry is going through its worst time with massive layoffs and Shareholders losing so much money, I don't think it was a great idea to shoot this vedio and pay absurd amount of money to get first I5.

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    09-22-13 11:38 PM
    I think people at CB look up to him as a die hard BlackBerry fan...On the day that BlackBerry is going through its worst time with massive layoffs and Shareholders losing so much money, I don't think it was a great idea to shoot this vedio and pay absurd amount of money to get first I5.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, with the situation, especially this week, many ppl are more upset than usual lol Get friggin iMore to shoot their own video :P
    09-22-13 11:44 PM
    Kevin you high roller you
    09-22-13 11:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Because at 9 am he totally knew that 6 hours later trading would be halted and they'd announce what they did.

So for those keeping score, Kevin must be flogged for:

1) buying an iPhone
    2) filming a spot for mobile nations (which he works for ) about purchasing an iPhone
    3) not instantly setting that iPhone on fire
    4) not flying to Malaysia to buy a Z30 (!)
    5) not being psychic and not knowing half a day prior that BB was going to confirm layoffs and a billion dollar loss
    6) not buying every Z10 in existence because hey, THATS reasonable
    7) having the gall to own other platforms
    8) being educated about those platforms to better critique the strengths and weaknesses of his platform of choice, which he's openly said numerous times is BB
    9) preferring educated critiques to biased, uneducated frothing at the mouth from crazed �ber fans

Did I miss any of his crimes against the 'true believers'?
    09-22-13 11:52 PM
    I agree but to be fair, the video was shot Friday morning. BlackBerry's nightmare weekend commenced that afternoon.
    09-22-13 11:54 PM
    Yes. Because at 9 am he totally knew that 6 hours later trading would be halted and they'd announce what they did.
    renee, you type a lot faster than I do
    09-22-13 11:58 PM
    renee, you type a lot faster than I do
    On an evil, terrible, poorly designed and impossible to type on iPhone keyboard no less. Oh SNAP.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-23-13 12:00 AM
    On an evil, terrible, poorly designed and impossible to type on iPhone keyboard no less. Oh SNAP.
    Brave girl. Don't you know if you type on an iPhone keyboard you subject yourself to future voodoo spells? It's a widely known security risk.
    reeneebob and BerryWizard like this.
    09-23-13 12:04 AM
    How else can Kevin make an honest comparison of other phones unless he tries them. Some of you people are nuts. If you like the BB10, buy it and enjoy it.

Posted via CB10
    canuckvoip and beamolite like this.
    09-23-13 12:12 AM
    He bought the iPhone in that fashion so he could make an amusing video to post on mobile nations, which would then catch the eyes of Crackberry fans, be linked to within a thread and generate (at least)151+ page views to the site.

Come on people... look at the bigger picture. Nothing personal, we're all here to pay the bills.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 12:22 AM
282 ... 45678 ...