In July 4 Kevin wrote Google will buy RIM.Obviously being privy to insider information has it's advantages and I am sure Kevin knew stuff public didn't know at that time.As it happened RIM really faltered as stock went to 12 and CEOs resigned, product got delayed ...

Now that Kevin is bullish I am feeling good about this.I always bought their vision of mobile computing platform but was getting worried will they get enough time to execute on their vision.But OS 2.0 is looking good and if BB 10 is even of same standard, RIM will continue to hold it's ground for a long time to come ...

I think Kevin's sentiment is a good leading indicator of RIM's fortunes ...

Thoughts??
    02-08-12 11:20 AM
    I don't recall him writing that Google would buy RIM. I do recall a speculative "what if" article on the subject.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Barljo likes this.
    02-08-12 11:27 AM
    right i remember it as a "picture this" type thing and not a prediction on inside info
    02-08-12 11:36 AM
    Yea same. I don't remember him saying it was official.
    02-08-12 11:38 AM
    What you are inferring is that Kevin has access to inside information and has acted on it in the past, and will act on it in the future. If so, you are accusing the founder of Crackberry of a very serious crime.

That is unless it was such a small amount that it doesn't matter. Or if by bearish and bullish you just mean he's optimistic and pessimistic. I'm not sure, I haven't been following his trades too closely, if he's even doing them at all.

Maybe I'm missing something here.
    02-08-12 11:54 AM
    What you are inferring is that Kevin has access to inside information and has acted on it in the past, and will act on it in the future. If so, you are accusing the founder of Crackberry of a very serious crime.
    Oopsy. As the old saying goes, with friends like these, who needs enemies?
    02-08-12 12:00 PM
    02-08-12 12:32 PM
    Oopsy. As the old saying goes, with friends like these, who needs enemies?
    No ... with friends like those, who needs enemas.
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-08-12 03:15 PM
    You know.....that spark of insight and inspiration could have came from no influence other then that insightful ......delicious brownie Kevin would have endulged in while in Amsterdam

Eat one brownie.....and you'll surely solve all the mysteries of the universe
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 02-08-12 at 10:47 PM.
    02-08-12 10:44 PM
    Wow so many replies and so irrelevant to topic, let me explain a bit more so that kids can understand ...

We all know Kevin was rather unsure about RIM's future around mid 2011.His interviews, his posts, comments everything pointed to that ...

But lately especially last month or so I am picking up rather positive vibes from him based on his comments and posts...

Which basically means good stuff in horizon for RIM ...

Thoughts??
    02-08-12 11:59 PM
    Thoughts and opinions change a year or 6 months later. Kevin has faith.

I also agree with the post before mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    02-09-12 01:30 AM
    There's a lot more to be positive about in the last month, where as six months ago we were still awaiting the official release of OS7 devices and basically speculating based on fairly vague promises from previous leadership. Their plan is now starting to show signs of coming together, and a new CEO and Chairperson have been appointed, giving us renewed confidence that the company can bring it home. I don't think Kevin's faith in the prospects ever wavered; but obviously the prospects looked more ambiguous to everyone outside the company then than they do now.
    02-09-12 07:08 AM
    To me, this topic is really an indication that we all need 2.0 and need it soon. Once we get it, there will be a boatload of real things to discuss and not enough time for speculation on speculation. All that's left is the waiting. Bring it on!
    purijagmohan likes this.
    02-09-12 11:52 AM
    Kevin is a BB fan boy and is running the largest BB blog. Every bit of news form RIM and Kevin is going to get excited and post it up on the blog because that's what he likes to do.

If he knew insider information, RIM would make him sign an NDA until the day it's announced to the public.
    02-09-12 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD