08-01-11 12:28 PM
140 ... 23456
tools
    Listen....I tried to clean the trackball and that was a huge mistake.

I'm REALLY good at taking things apart and losing pieces. Luckily a good old magnet to the carpet brought me my missing piece.

And never trust Verizon to put things together...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 03:47 AM
    Usually I just wipe it on clothes

07-17-08 04:39 AM
    What do you do about grubby keys?
    07-17-08 05:58 AM
    YES! I am OCD when it comes to the screen!! Finger print, little rub mark-forget it-I pull out my cleaner and thats it!
    07-19-08 01:33 AM
    I contantly wipe my screen to make sure I never see a print.

07-24-08 09:37 AM
    What do you use to clean your trackball when it gets dirty? I would never take the ball out I need my curve too much, how ever I'd love to know what everyone uses to keep their bb's neat and neat..

Happy Berrying!
    Bloo

Last edited by bloocracker; 07-31-08 at 12:16 PM.
    07-31-08 12:14 PM
    I wipe my Pearl constantly, with my sleeve, tissues, glasses cloth, against my jeans/trousers..... early signs of OCD?
    and i thought that i was the only one who did this and thought i had OCD im glad to know that i am not the only one, lol
    08-04-08 05:16 PM
    ok it is so good to see im not alone ... i clean mine constanly before a use and after also i use the compressed air that you clean your p.c. with
    and yes i have a bad case of ocd
    08-14-08 09:47 PM
    I clean mine like 3 times a week
    08-15-08 02:48 PM
    i have been using lysol disinfecting wipes on mine. do you think that it is bad for the screen? should i switch to microfiber cloth?
    08-21-08 05:58 PM
    LOL I'm glad I'm not alone... To make sure my BB stays pristine, I wash my hands before touching the trackball and keyboard.

The other night I was at a comedy club... I was showing my BB to a guy I just met, and he reached over and ran his finger over the keyboard!!! I couldn't wait to get home so I could disinfect it. (He'd been playing with his iPhone euwwww)
    08-23-08 11:48 PM
    wipe it with a lens cloth several times a day
    08-25-08 04:57 PM
    If you closely examine my berry, you'll notice that the very few abraisions that are there are almost microscopic. Twizzle always likes to be clean! When he's dirty, I use a wet disinfectant wipe to wipe him all over. That does it! I also am constantly wiping his screen with my greasy thumb
    Last edited by techluvr1234; 09-19-08 at 07:18 PM.
    09-08-08 07:24 PM
    throw an otterbox on and worry about nothing
    09-08-08 08:37 PM
    I bought this stuff at a state fair called "Purple Magic". I've seen it before at fair type places where booths are set up to sell all kinds of crappy arts & cratfs stuff. This is the booth where the guy cleans your ring right on your finger. Anyhow, I listened to his whole spiel and thought it would work well for BB. It's a spray that's amonia free and is used on mirrors to keep them fog free, computer monitor screens for anti-static, glass, whatever. Anyhow, I spray a bit on a microfiber cloth and polish the enritre berry then spray on to a q-tip for cleaning between all keys. I find that after a fresh cleaning, fingerprints won't even show up on my siedio case for a full day and screen protector doesn't get that sheen until at least noon. The more you use this Purple magic the better it works and longer you can go between applications - it like conditions the berry - seriously. The stuff is expensive - but it's good go to Original Purple Magic for info -- no, I don't work for them - I just appreciate a good product when I see it

PS - I read somewhere windex was very bad for berrys
    09-08-08 09:11 PM
    Canned air works wonders! Especially since I'm always at the beach!
    09-15-08 08:21 AM
    Microfiber. I don't use windex because I don't want any chemicals going into the berry. (Or any of the other phones I've had.)

09-17-08 11:10 PM
    I rub mine down all the time. I even clean my Blackberry too. (sorry I couldn't resist).

Yeah I'm obsessed with keeping mine clean. I use my cloth for my plasma tv.
    09-17-08 11:24 PM
    I agree with all you crackheads!! I clean mines every chance I get.
    09-18-08 08:29 PM
    A tad OCD here bout it.. Constantly wiping with my clothes after each use & multiple times in between!
    Yup, same here.

10-13-08 04:11 AM
    Quick spray with canned air then a good polish with a clean lens cloth
    10-13-08 05:05 AM
    I use the wifes makeup cleaning cotton circle things with rubbing alcohol or eye glass cleaning wipes. I wipe it off after each use on my clothes and give it a through cleaning each night. I do my best to not get it messy, but it happens.

10-17-08 04:28 PM
    I constantly clean the finger prints & smudges off the screen... Heck while the corporate manager was up here from Ohio.. while he was out to lunch I had plenty of time to take my 8700g apart and clean the dust out from under the screen. :-)
    10-17-08 08:32 PM
    Seems like I always have a Monk moment with my berry.
    10-18-08 11:03 PM
    Ok I think I'll have to buy COSTCO sized box of cotton gloves. Used them when I was working in a photo lab handling negatives.

We can call them Berry Gloves and start a new fashion craze.

Granted we'd all look like Mickey and Minnie Mouse holding our Berries (no wait, that would make already slick phones, even harder to hang onto....) but they will at least be smudge free when they hit the floor.
    10-19-08 05:56 PM
140 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD