Just got robbed on PayPal. Please don't trust PayPal they are crooks!! Sent an item, buyer said it was damaged, by the way it was a baseball card that my son wanted to sell, so, long story short my son is crushed, called PayPal and they don't give a crap! He was trying to make money to buy a z10. It was a $100 card in a hard plastic case and was never taken out and i had it appraised with the appraisal in the box. Just be careful BlackBerry friends.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:01 PM
    Did the buyer send it back at least?

Sent from my iPod touch using CB Forums
    04-17-14 05:03 PM
    Never had an issue with Paypal.... used it for the last couple oif years ... had the odd hicup... but usually found their dispute mechanism to worlk well... wish users would quit making such broad statement just because they had an issue with something... if there is a possible crook in akk this it would be the buyer... as mentioned , if it was damaged simply have it returned to you... you can then verify it.. if buyer refused... you have a case...
    04-17-14 05:09 PM
    No, he has ten days to ship it back, when I asked what if the card was damaged buy the buyer, and i have video taped the post office putting it in the box, anyway PayPal said I'm out of luck, then I looked up PayPal complaints and low and be hold it has happened to 1000's of people!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:09 PM
    I never had problem with Paypal and they helped me in past from scams who sent me fake shipping labels and sold me replica.

When selling an item, ensure to always take pics with date tags as your proof. Other buyers will sometimes switch an item and claim you sent them damage or fakes.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:18 PM
    PayPal warning.com, yes, protects the buyer not the seller. If you are the seller you can get screwed easily.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:26 PM
    More like: "just want to want people 'of people'".

Some people just suck, hope it all somehow works out for you and your son.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:48 PM
    Thanks animalpak200

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 06:31 PM
    Never had an issue with PayPal.. That's why I do things through eBay with PayPal in the background. At least there is some buyer protection in there. Hope everything is resolved for you, though.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 06:38 PM
    So what was the damage? You should have been provided proof by now, no?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 06:49 PM
    PayPal and eBay are both crooks and notorious for this. I can tell you first hand they always side with buyer, they'll always have sellers, they don't want to lose buyers. What makes PayPal the judge and jury, they're a payment method. I sold 4 S3s brand new to someone for 1k, guy got the package, put it on his website and was trying to sell them for outrageous prices I believe (360-380) each and this was recently so they're not really a hot item but long story short after 40 days he opens a case through PayPal saying they had bad esns (I bought them myself directly through verizon so I knew that wasn't true) PayPal puts my 1k on hold, I provided them with so much evidence showing they were indeed clean esn and they still gave him a refund, got the phones back and can barely sell them for $190 each so I took a huge hit with them because some ***** tried to turn and sell them, no one bought them so he figured he can just get his money back if he opens a case within 44 days I believe. Trust me you want to stay away from both ebay and PayPal I have a lot of other problems that I don't even feel like typing right now with them, don't let buyers feedback fool you either, people will scam you every which way they can. I hope you get you at least get the card, there's a lot of horror stories of people sending back just a box with packing peanuts just so they can provide tracking information to show they sent and and that's all they have to do if they want to scam you.
    Good luck buddy
    04-17-14 07:04 PM
    You must have not have sold on ebay before, there's so many loop holes in PayPals dispute system. The buyer is always right in ebay and PayPals eyes, I say ebay because ebay and PayPal are brothers. There's so many horror stories, just look up the reviews, numbers don't lie and PayPal and ebay should be shut down crooks.
    04-17-14 07:07 PM
    Oh I hear ya, you can basically get anything on free on using eBay or PayPal
    04-17-14 07:51 PM
    PayPal and eBay are both crooks and notorious for this. I can tell you first hand they always side with buyer, they'll always have sellers, they don't want to lose buyers. What makes PayPal the judge and jury, they're a payment method. I sold 4 S3s brand new to someone for 1k, guy got the package, put it on his website and was trying to sell them for outrageous prices I believe (360-380) each and this was recently so they're not really a hot item but long story short after 40 days he opens a case through PayPal saying they had bad esns (I bought them myself directly through verizon so I knew that wasn't true) PayPal puts my 1k on hold, I provided them with so much evidence showing they were indeed clean esn and they still gave him a refund, got the phones back and can barely sell them for $190 each so I took a huge hit with them because some ***** tried to turn and sell them, no one bought them so he figured he can just get his money back if he opens a case within 44 days I believe. Trust me you want to stay away from both ebay and PayPal I have a lot of other problems that I don't even feel like typing right now with them, don't let buyers feedback fool you either, people will scam you every which way they can. I hope you get you at least get the card, there's a lot of horror stories of people sending back just a box with packing peanuts just so they can provide tracking information to show they sent and and that's all they have to do if they want to scam you.
    Good luck buddy
    Damn! That's really grimy. I would had taken the buyer to civil lawsuits.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 07:18 PM