Ok, so this is a thread about wonderful things that have happened to you lately that have made your life a little better... I'll start with mine.

A little backstory... My fiancee and I recently broke up so I ended up in a new place. When I was living with him, he paid rent and electric, and I took care of everything else, so I was paying maybe $500 in bills total. Now, I'm paying EVERYTHING. Money has been extremely tight. I have a new live in boyfriend who takes care of the place but can't have a job due to an injury and doesn't qualify for social security. I have a roommate who is going to college but he's my buddy so I'm basically not charging him rent.

Well, a number of emergencies have come up lately. My mom was kind enough to take over my car loan for me since I took over her cell phone lines, so she's paying that in lieu of her cell bill. So her bank took $15,000 of the balance on my car, leaving MY loan with a remaining balance of $550. I have been stressing myself into a depressed heap for the past month and a half, because that leaves me with two full car payments left to pay and I have no money to pay it.

Well, my parents always explained to me that if you pay ahead on a loan, you still have a monthly payment. So if my usual car payment is $220, and I pay $500 one month, the next month I'll still have to pay $220... it doesn't push payment dates back; it basically just means I pay the car off sooner and pay less interest. All fine and good.

Well, I called SunTrust today to see about making a payment plan, and they said that their policy is to actually push the payments back. I found out that my next car payment is due in April 2012. I can pay whatever I want, whenever I want, and not worry about it.

I will actually have the ability to buy Christmas gifts this year. I can pay to get new glasses. I have fun money again. I can get my car stereo fixed. And best of all, I don't have that huge looming stress over my shoulder.

Nothing can bring my day down right now.

Share your happy stories too!
    07-31-09 01:53 PM
    I just got a free lunch
    07-31-09 01:56 PM
    I got laid.....

ha

no seriously ... i woke up on this side of the grass, thats always a good day....
    07-31-09 02:05 PM
    I will be getting my BB Tour in exactly 12 days now.
    07-31-09 04:32 PM
    I got laid.....

ha

no seriously ... i woke up on this side of the grass, thats always a good day....
    Lol. It would be really bad if you woke up on the wrong side of the grass

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 04:37 PM
    I got a new Micheal Kors Dress shirt today!!
    07-31-09 04:44 PM
    I just switched to geico and saved on my car insurance

07-31-09 06:17 PM
    I turn 16 tomorrow finally legal xD not that it mattered...

07-31-09 07:37 PM
    Just got a new Invictica watch!!! YAY!

07-31-09 08:03 PM
    Every day, no matter how snafu'd it is, is a gift to me. Surviving cancer has a way of doing that.

07-31-09 08:26 PM
    I turn 16 tomorrow finally legal xD not that it mattered...

Yay! He's finally legal! Woot Woot!!

Happy Birthday J!

Mwah!

08-01-09 12:41 AM
    I just switched to geico and saved on my car insurance

LMAO. I don't know if you're being serious or joking but this made me laugh.

08-01-09 12:54 AM
    I switched to Sprint from Verizon and saved $1500 a year on my phone bill!

08-01-09 05:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD