Ok, so I have smoked my last cigarette. So far so good. I ate dinner and had my coffee. All is well.
    Any good tips to keep me sane?
    03-23-09 05:54 PM
    Whatever you do don't start again! Ha ha. Find something that will get you through your stressful moments to avoid going back. I found running to be a stress reliever.
    03-23-09 05:59 PM
    I really do not want to start again. This is the first time I have ever tried to quit. Should be fun. I love a good brisk walk. lol Thanx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 06:02 PM
    Don't get addicted to that Nicorette gum though...my friend did and he chews the crap out of it. Talk about expensive.
    03-23-09 06:53 PM
    Nope not me. No gum, no patches. Cold turkey this time
    I have regular gum but I need to be careful becuase I have jaw trouble LOL so I won't be chewing so much.

03-23-09 06:57 PM
    Ok, so I have smoked my last cigarette. So far so good. I ate dinner and had my coffee. All is well.
    This is bomb.... Works great, costs a ton less and is not bad for you at all. Best of all it isn't smoke, just water vapor. You can "smoke" it anywhere! Your car and clothes don't stink either...

Health E-Choice: Changing health. Changing lives.
    03-23-09 07:11 PM
    [QUOTE=Dostovel;2053243]This is bomb.... Works great, costs a ton less and is not bad for you at all. Best of all it isn't smoke, just water vapor. You can "smoke" it anywhere! Your car and clothes don't stink

Thanx. I will check out the site.
    03-23-09 07:14 PM
    I really do not want to start again. This is the first time I have ever tried to quit. Should be fun. I love a good brisk walk. lol Thanx

Congrats to you. The fact that you don't want to is what will help you get through it.
    03-23-09 07:53 PM
    Wish you the best of luck, be strong and fight the craving, it will get better for you...
    03-23-09 08:04 PM
    Well it has been 5 and a half hrs. So far so good
    Yes I really want to and need too not go back to smoking.

03-23-09 08:27 PM
    my friend loves this site Stop Smoking QuitMeter - QuitMeter.com

she loves seeing how much more money she has now that she doesn't spend $10/day on smokes!
    03-23-09 08:43 PM
    Thank you thank you. I will check it out.

03-23-09 08:45 PM
    I recommend you find things to distract you. I helped my nanny get out of her habits my doing a new (or well liked) activity with her each day. If she had a smoke that day then upon asking her I would know (I'm a lie detector, and obvious guilt forms..), and the activity wouldn't occur. If she didn't smoke then we did the activity.

The activities were things like card games, trips to general amusement areas (some things would require a few days in a row to 'afford'). Essentially her not smoking made up 'smoking credits' and she saw the greater positive in the one side (away from smoking)
    03-23-09 09:09 PM
    I'm trying too, but as Mark Twain said, quitting's easy, I've done it hundreds of times - or something like that, . I have tried about everything, so recently I have tried limiting where I can smoke. I will no longer smoke at work - a place I smoked the most. So far so good - it's been a week. I have never smoked at home, so I'm down to just a few a day. I think in a few weeks, I'll be able to stop completely.

03-23-09 09:25 PM
    How do you expect us doctors to make any money if you people keep quitting smoking? Jeez.. it's an economic downturn... and everywhere I look there's less lung, bladder, kidney and throat cancer... sheesh. So much less pneumonia, asthma and other pulmonary diseases...

It hurts, I tell ya. A world without all the sickness that smoking brings is....

Beautiful.

Keep up the good work!

Statistics show that if you have support from a partner, a program (like a counselor) a product (like chantix or gum/patches) .. you double your chance of success... that's about the only tip I got.
    03-23-09 09:29 PM
    try not to think of it and keep ya self distant of people that do smoke and try and keep busy but not to much ...then you would be like darn i need a smoke break ......

Infect truth:
    03-23-09 09:33 PM
    Congratulations!!! I quit smoking exactly 2 weeks ago and it's been relatively easy. Mainly due to the WhyQuit - the Internet's leading cold turkey quit smoking resource website. It gives you KNOWLEDGE and information to know about your quit, which withdrawal symptoms will occur and when, how to fight craves, and message boards with advice and support from fellow quitters and ex-smokers.

whyquit.com

P.S. - personally, my head ached and was in a fog for the first two days. Also, my sleep pattern has been jolted but it's returning to normal.
    03-23-09 10:12 PM
    Get the power of antioxidants!

MonaVie Official Website
    03-24-09 12:27 AM
    I am on my 7th month of quitting... trust me man its always going to be hard but it gets more bearable after a little while
    03-24-09 06:25 AM
    Well so far I am good. I haven't freaked out yet! Woo-hooo!

03-24-09 07:42 AM
    it's been 2 weeks since i stopped smoking...cold turkey... my doctor told me that the hardest part is when you first quit, because i guess the nicotine stays in your system for 72 hours? so the hardest part are those 72 hours...
    03-24-09 08:34 AM
    it's been 2 weeks since i stopped smoking...cold turkey... my doctor told me that the hardest part is when you first quit, because i guess the nicotine stays in your system for 72 hours? so the hardest part are those 72 hours...
    Cold turkey as well. Your my hero! Very good.
    I am almost 24 hrs into it and I feel good so far. I am surprised.

03-24-09 11:54 AM
    Congrats! And just don't smoke one day at a time!
    03-24-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD