Have you thought maybe I'll try an iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 02:55 PM
    You're either brave or stupid to post that here.
    10-23-11 02:56 PM
    I tried the 3gs once or twice. Meaning, I played with my cousins phone for a few minutes. I hated it. Not sure why. It just was frustrating.

However, my mom just got a white iP4 and I set it up for her. I got a lot of hands on time with it, still am. Man, that phone is so nice. Everything integrates well, OS easy and fluid. Love iMessage. Facetime is clear and no lags.

So, yeah, I've thought about it. Probably won't get one my next upgrade though. Going to try BlackBerry new OS7 first.
    10-23-11 03:13 PM
    Yes my next phone will be a iphone.. I gave RIM 4 years of my life and even though I love the blackberry brand also my current device, I feel that I'm getting left behind in technology these days.. So with that being said I will be getting the iphone 5 (or whatever they will call it) next year that's when I'm eligible to upgrade and my Curve 3G will be 2yrs old by then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 05:42 PM
    Had an iPhone 4. Left that. Had an iPhone 3GS. Left that. Back on BlackBerry, and couldn't be happier, even with the darn outage.
    10-23-11 08:47 PM
    i'm still on 3G, apparently, 4G havent reached to where we are as yet! sighhhh
    10-24-11 07:51 AM
    I was pretty disappointed with RIM's new releases and have been trialing android. Tried an iphone and didn't like it that much. I could come back to RIM in an instant if they;d just get their collective sh!t together, get off their a$$e$ and get on the stick. All OS's have their downsides but RIM's for now are insurmountable for me personally.
    10-24-11 12:24 PM
    Ahhhhhhh....the good ol' will I get an iPhone thread LOL and to answer your question, YES, I'm very much seriously considering moving on from my bb(user for 4+yrs now) to the iP4S. I've read up on some things that have been brought into iOS5 and well, I'm all about what it's got going on when will I be going? well, unfortunately my upgrade isn't due till 8/2012 unless my daughter decides to give up her upgrade this Nov.2011. Then il be on a white 32gb iP4S sooner than expected......
    10-24-11 01:27 PM
    I hate waiting to upgrade! Grr
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-24-11 01:28 PM
    I hate the UI so i doubt i'll ever try it (that and it will never have a keyboard).

I would rather just get an android phone that actually has a customizable UI, something beyond just icons and allows app sideloading.
    10-24-11 02:49 PM
    I hate waiting to upgrade! Grr
    I know right?! My patience is wearing thin as it is and idt I'll have the patience to wait till next august. The rate I'm going, I'll prob wind up buying the damn thing full retail price.

And to be honest, I barely ever use my bb browser or OM anymore, I'm always on my iPad now, doing the copy/paste thing for my img codes for ss's etc. The only time I open my bb browser now is to dwld a BW set, batex set Or a theme. Lol.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-24-11 at 04:16 PM.
    10-24-11 04:12 PM
    I had an iPhone, got a BlackBerry Tour, then moved on to an HTC Evo 4G, then came back to Torch1, and now Bold 9930.
    I like researching stuff and I felt that the iPhone downloading movies directly to my phone was just incredible. 1 year later I had not downloaded a single movie. I went there and every time I thought. I don't want to watch this on a phone. All the while I did not care for the e-mail. I also got stuck with a dead battery before my wife and I were about to go out for dinner. I plan ahead but things happen and I just asked: why can't this phone swap batteries? How smart is that?
    I was lured into a droid but was dissapointed. For all the eye candy they have (and it is considerably more than the iPhone with very large screens) with the push or lack of push unless it is based on gmail. The battery life was terrible as well. Partly due to the eye candy.

So, to answer your question I've done that and been there. I'm not a fan of BlackBerry because of some fanboy attitude. I carry a Bold 9930 because it is the best phone out there for me. Still, if you are wondering about a different phone, maybe you should try it. Just make sure you are buying something that serves you better and not falling into a marketing trap. Personally, if I left BB it would certainly be for a droid. At least I can swap batteries and it has the most awesome voice navigation in the world. Free!
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 10-24-11 at 05:07 PM.
    10-24-11 05:03 PM
    I agree with guerllamo7 about trying new phones. If you don't, you'll always wonder what that other platform is like! You'll also learn a lot so it's fun.

Even though I'll be going back to BlackBerry, I am glad I got an Android. I love it for what BB lacked, mainly a great browser and big screen! But I miss a lot of things about BB.
    10-24-11 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD